Chapter 7

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[2 Weeks Later]

After the day of Sunrin's first birthday, days went back to normal. The pack continued to care for Sunrin the best way they knew how. Sunggyu's way happened to be scheduling Sunrin in for her first visit at the daycare Woobin's Mother had suggested the day of the party.

"Are you excited for your first day at Nursery Sunrin?" Sunggyu asked as he unbuckled her seat belt from the back of the car.

"No." Sunrin said with a smile on her face as he lifted her out of the car and placed her on the floor with a frown now placed on his face.

It wasn't the answer he wanted. Sunggyu was already having reservations about leaving Sunrin with unknown people in a foreign environment. Many thoughts flashed through his mind. What if she didn't like it there? What if any of the kids picked on her?

He watched Sunrin take hold of Myungsoo's hand who had come around the car to stand with Sunggyu now that he had parked in front of Honey Bee's Nursery. 

The nursery looked simple. A small white building with a fenced out door play area at the side where a few children were already playing. The sign above the main doors read 'Honey Bee's Day Care' in yellow and black coloring. 

"Don't look so sad. You know her favorite word is 'No' at the minute."Woohyun smiled down at Sunrin who swung Myungsoo's hand happily. 

Woohyun and Myungsoo had been the pack members to volunteer accompanying Sunggyu and Sunrin while the others had opted out, choosing to go on a wolf run instead.

"I hope she gets out of this stage soon."Sunggyu mumbled as Myungsoo rolled his eyes and looked down at the little girl who held his hand.

"Let's go Sunrin."

"No" She replied but walking along with Myungsoo anyway, Woohyun and Sunggyu followed right behind. They made their ways up the path toward the front door of the building.

The first thing they saw was a small room with colorful pegs with different children's names decorated along the bright green wall. Coats and bags hung from the pegs with two doors located at the very end of the row. 

Walking towards one of the doors, Sunggyu knocked and waited until a middle aged woman with pinned up dark brown hair and kind eyes opened the door and smiled at him.

"You must be Kim Sunggyu?" She asked. He nodded in reply and watched as the woman turned to Myungsoo and Woohyun before looking down to Sunrin who stood between the two of them.

Sunrin stared up at the unknown lady, her smile gone. Sunggyu noticed Sunrin slightly moving behind Myungsoo's legs. He'd never seen her do that before. Did she do this often and he'd only just noticed now. Her hand still gripping Myungsoo's.

"And this must be Sunrin?" The woman, probably noticing Sunrin's uneasy behavior bent down to her level. Sunrin peeked out from behind Myungsoo and simply watched the woman cautiously.

"I'm Miss Cho. It's nice to meet you Sunrin."

Sunrin said nothing.

"This is her first time attending any sort of nursery." Sunggyu spoke up, grabbing the woman's attention who stood back up and smiled once again.

"If that's the case then please follow me." Miss Cho said, stepping into the nursery that was packed with different sorts of toys and children who were playing with them. The walls were decorated by art that looked like the children had created and two double doors at the back of the large room were wide open that seemed to lead to the outdoor play area.

"As this is Sunrin's first visit today, we generally recommend that the parents, or guardians let the child  get accustomed to the environment of the nursery by themselves. Some children adapt well at first, for some it takes time. We don't recommend you leave though. As Sunrin is only here for half the day the three of you are welcome to sit in the staff room. That way we can see how she adapts to being left alone." Miss Cho explained as Sunggyu looked to Myungsoo and Woohyun.

He looked back to Miss Cho before speaking up.

"Actually, I have some place to be soon so is it okay if these two just stay?" He asked, Miss cho quickly waved a hand at Sunggyu.

"That's no problem at all. As long as one of you stays, it should be fine. We generally keep a record of the child's activities through out the day so when their guardians come for them at the end of the day, they will know what their child has been doing." Miss Cho smiled, making Sunggyu feel a little more at ease.

Turning to Myungsoo and Woohyun, Sunggyu sighed. 

"It's okay Hyung, You can go. We've got this covered." Myungsoo smiled as Woohyun nodded in agreement.

Smiling in return, Sunggyu bent down to Sunrin with a bright smile on his face which made her step out from behind Myungsoo, smiling in return.

"I've got to go Sunrin. Can I get a hug?" Sunggyu asked with his arms outstretched.

"No" Sunrin replied but ran into his arms anyway. 

Sunggyu squeezed her slightly, kissing the top of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter