Chapter 52

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rolling over, Sunrin oened her eyes to stare up at a white ceiling above her. It wasn’t a normal white ceiling though because within the vast white paint, there were beautiful carvings. Unusual symbols she had never seen before. She could decipher some but others, not so much. She looked at the largest of the symbols. It appeared to be in the shape of a bird on fire.

A Phoenix?

Turning her head slightly, she found Chanyeol sat in a chair which was positioned by the bed she had awoke in. His eyes were closed and his head was tilted to one side. He seemed to be in deep slumber. Sunrin’s eyes trailed down from Chanyeol’s face to the bright red fire extinguisher that stood between his legs.

Forcing herself to sit up right, Sunrin thought back to the last thing she could remember which happened to be Chanyeol and Suho guiding her behind the waterfall which led to what Sunrin had originally assumed was a normal cave.

She had later come to find that the cave was just a cover. Deep inside the cave there was a dark passage way that lead the three of them to a large stone door. A door that any ordinary human wouldn’t have been able to open. Something that Suho was able to do with ease.

The people who's voices she had heard during her melt down earlier stood in what looked to be a grand ballroom behind the stone door. There were four men and two females, all looking at Sunrin with either suspicious or judgmental eyes.

Chanyeol corrected her when she asked the obvious question that was swirling through her thoughts.

“Why is there a ballroom inside what I originally assumed was a wall of rock?”

“It’s not a ballroom, it’s our foyer.”

Sunrin looked around the large room. The walls of the room seemed to be made of a mixture of gold and pearl. The floor was a white and grey marble while a giant chandelier of clear crystals hung from the ceiling. Two large archways stood proud on the left and right side of the ‘Foyer’.

Without giving Sunrin any time to appreciate the beauty of what she had been told was simply their foyer, Chanyeol placed his warm hands on Sunrin’s shoulders and proceeded to guide her towards the right arch.

“There will be plenty of time for introductions later but right now, you will need some rest.” Chanyeol said, walking down a large hallway filled with old fashioned wooden doors. Each door looking as big and thick as the next.

Sunrin wanted to argue but couldn’t find the energy to do so. Right now all she had to run on was left over adrenaline that had originally built up during her panic of last night’s escapades. Now that she was calmed down though, she could feel herself crashing hard and Chanyeol seemed to know and understand that.

“You’ll have to use my bedroom for now. We’ll get Kyungsoo to make you one sometime later.” Chanyeol assured her as his words sent Sunrin into shock. That name sounded so much like Myungsoo’s.

Myungsoo, the one person she wanted to see so badly right about now.

She forced the thought of him to the back of her mind, trying to keep her emotions in check.

Opening one of the doors in the hallway, Chanyeol lead her into the very room she had just woken up in.

Sunrin had originally thought that she didn't stand a chance of getting any sleep, especially when Chanyeol pulled the large chair away from his computer desk in the far right corner of his bedroom and placed the chair right beside the bed she sat in, She was wrong though because it was as if her head had hit the feathered pillow that she was swept away into a deep sleep.

Now awake though, the satin bed sheets were a blessing against her skin. She felt safer than she had last night but that feeling was short lived from the moment she heard a knock come from the other side of the bedroom door.

The sharp knock quickly snapped Chanyeol awake. His eyes met Sunin’s briefly before he got up and made his way to the door. Opening the door, Sunrin saw a beautiful smiling girl stood there with what seemed to be a pile of clothing held in her arms. As she entered the room, Sunrin felt like her nose was being personally attacked by the scent of coconut. She subconsciously touched her nose, an action that Chanyeol and the girl noticed.

“It’s strange right? Being able to sense a smell way more than before. You’ll get used to it once this one here trains you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter