Chapter 17

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After dinner that night. Sunrin returned to her bedroom. It had just been Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Sungjong, Sungyeol and Woohyun with her tonight. Sunggyu had called and said that he and Hoya would be on a stake out tonight so they wouldn't be returning home tonight. 

Once inside her bedroom. She returned to her desk where she had left her unfinished homework and Minah's notes before she went to eat dinner. Minah had been right. She was finding the equations easier when explained to her through Minah's hand writing rather than her math teacher.

Sighing, Sunrin rested her head on the palm of her hand while looking down at her homework. Only two more equations and she'd be done for the night. She had already managed to finish her English and History homework during her lunch break today.

Stretching slightly, she got to work once again. That is until she heard the familiar jingle of her phone. Turning around on her swivel chair, she rolled herself to her bedside where she had left her phone.

Picking it up, she looked at the caller ID.

Minah's name flashed on the screen. A smile appeared on Sunrin's face as she answered the call. She couldn't wait to let Minah know about how much her notes had helped her.

The sound that greeted Sunrin was not a familiar one. One thing Sunrin learned a long time ago about Minah was that she was not an easy person to upset. Sunrin couldn't remember if she had ever seen Minah cry. Not even when her parents seperated two years ago. It was easy to say that Sunrin was the crybaby out of the two of them.

The sound that Sunrin could hear on the other end of the phone sounded a lot like sobbing. 

"Minah?" Sunrin questioned. She wasn't even sure if this was really her best friend calling her.

"H-He said no." Minah's voice choked out as Sunrin blinked, dumbfounded.

Almost like a light bulb going off in her head, Sunrin remembered why Minah had been so happy today. She had gone to confess to Jiyong. The cute cafe worker Minah had been crushing on for a while now.

"He said I was too young!" Minah shouted before the sound of wailing vibrated into Sunrin's ear. opening slightly, at a lose for words. She heard the sound of rain in the background, snapping Sunrin to attention.

"Minah where are you right now? Are you outside?"

"Yeah, I'm outside. It's raining heavy. It's almost like God wants to make my life into a tragic love story, minus the love because I'm apparently too young." Minah cried as Sunrin sighed, standing up and grabbing her coat from one of the pegs hanging on the back of her bedroom door.

"Where are you? I'll come get you." Sunrin said as she walked out of her bedroom and into the living room where Myungsoo was sat reading a magazine while Dongwoo and Woohyun argued over what they wanted to watch on television.

She quickly shushed them, catching their attention instantly.

"I don't know. I've been wondering around on my own for the past hour thinking about how my heart has literally just been ripped out of my chest and stamped on. He's only a few years older than me and he was acting as if I was too young to even understand what love is. Can you believe that?"

Sunrin chewed her bottom lip in frustration before turning to the guys, knowing well that they were probably now listening to her conversation with her best friend. She looked at any of them for help.

Quickly jumping into action, Myungsoo took the phone from Sunrin and held it to his ear.

"Listen to me Minah, stay right where you are and we'll be there as soon as possible. You hear me?" Myungsoo said before nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter