Chapter 50

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had no idea how long she had been running when she found herself skidding to a stop when she ran right into a clearing in the middle of the forest. There was a large wall of rock facing her that seemed to go up and up and higher than that. A large waterfall fell down from it and splashed into a plunge pool in front of her.

 

How had she never known about this place before now? She originally thought that she had known all parts of this forest.

 

She stepped forward and looked at her reflection in the shallows of the pool. The water would be crystal clear if not for the moon that still hung above in the sky. She still looked like herself but Sunrin felt different. She wasn’t even out of breath from all the running and her reflection showed that the fire that had began by engulfing her hand had now worked it’s way up to her shoulders and was now half way down her other arm. She couldn’t understand why she was not writhing around in pain from the flames or even still alive for that matter.

 

Plunging her hand into the water the fire was quickly snuffed out. She almost felt a sense of calm until she pulled her hand out of the water. Her hand quickly ignited itself again.

 

“Why won’t you go out?!” Sunrin wailed.

 

It was then that she felt like eyes were watching her. The hair on the back of her neck stood up on end and despite the heat of the fire, she felt her skin break out in goosebumps. Her instincts were telling her that she was not alone.

 

She quickly looked around her surroundings until her eyes landed on the cave that looked to be positioned right behind the waterfall. She focused and began to make out dark figures moving ever so slowly behind the waterfall. Her ear shockingly picked up on some sort of sounds.

 

Sounds that sounded like numerous heartbeats.

 

“Can she see us?” She heard a voice as if it was being spoken right beside her rather than across a vast pool of water and behind a roaring waterfall.

 

“Yes…And I can hear you as well.” She spoke aloud, not knowing who she was talking too.

 

One name came to mind though and his scent was stronger than ever in this clearing.

 

“Chanyeol?”

 

It was silent for a few seconds before a dark figure stepped out from behind the waterfall. He was followed by two other figures.

 

“It’s okay. She’s aware of my fire and by the looks of things, She seems to share the same heritage as me.” She heard the familiar sound of his voice speaking to the dark figures beside him.

 

“The rest of you should stay here for now. We’ll go and deal with this.” Said one of the unknown figures.

 

“But Suho…” Came a female voice from behind the waterfall. The voice was soft and worrisome. It was clear to Sunrin that the one who spoke with a feminine voice cared a great deal about whoever was named Suho.

 

“I’ll be fine Eunji. Just stay here for now. I need you to stay safe.” The voice that apparently belonged to Suho spoke up again.

 

She looked at the dark figures in the distance and watched one figure place his hands on the two others beside them.

 

Before she knew it, Sunrin watched the three of them vanish into thin air. It wasn’t until she heard a foot step behind her than she turned and saw three men stood before her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter