Chapter 34

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" I don't care what you say, your body was made to wear a bralette." Minah sang as Sunrin stepped out of her bathroom where she had been changing into the outfit for tonight that Minah had personally picked out for her to wear.

Minah had decided on a pale pink lace bralette with a pair of dark denim high waist skinny jeans for Sunrin. She also styled Sunrin's long ebony hair into a loose bun while a few wisps of hair fell in twirls down her neck. Sunrin was convinced Minah had made her into her own personal doll over the past few hours while getting dressed for the party.

She wasn't going to complain however. She looked into the mirror and found herself trying to avoid looking at her midsection which was completely bare. A lot more skin than what she was used to showing.

"Are you sure this isn't too revealing?" Sunrin asked while unintentionally looking at the lace fabric what managed to keep her chest and arms hidden from the world. Thank God.

"Yah! Don't question my masterpiece." Minah scowled before shuffling in front of the mirror to take a look at her own reflection. Minah had opted to wear a white wrap-around dress paired with a thin black jacket and strappy black heels. Thankfully Minah had given up on forcing Sunrin into similarly high shoes.

Sunrin was convinced that if she was going to be going to this party, she would do it in comfortable flat shoes. Ballet flats to be precise. 

Sunrin watched as Minah ran her fingers through her hair, presumably to put more volume into her loose hair.

"What time is it?" Minah questioned causing Sunrin to look at her phone begrudgingly. She had been avoiding even touching her phone for the past hour. It was all because Myungsoo had sent her a text and it was taking all of Sunrin's self control not to read it.

Picking up her phone cautiously, Sunrin looked at the screen, ignoring the notification that told her she had an unread text from Myungsoo. Looking at the time displayed in the top part of her screen, she read the time and quickly placed the phone back on the bed, screen down.

"We're going to be late, It's already half seven." Sunrin told Minah who shrugged her shoulders at her best friend. Minah was very relaxed about the time considering her Umma had set them both the curfew of 11pm.

"We're not late. We're right on time. They told me the party starts at seven but the party really starts when we arrive." Minah smirked, turning back to look at herself in the mirror one more time. Sunrin tried not to scoff at Minah's attempt of acting cool.

"Okay Party Princess. We should get going if you really want me to go to this thing. If we go now it will only give us a few hours" Sunrin found herself suggesting. She knew Minah wanted to be at the party as long as possible, She had been looking forward to this party since she managed to convince Sunrin to accompany her. Sunrin watched Minah look herself over in the mirror one last time before she spun around with a bright smile held in place on her lips. The smile that always managed to make Sunrin smile back at her.

"Let's get going."

And with that short three worded sentence alone, the two girls made their way to the party.

-

-

-

Stepping through the unlocked front door of the house party, music instantly thumbed through Sunrin's body as the musky smell of alcohol and smoke stung Sunrin's nostrils.

"Wow, this is wild!" Minah shouted at Sunrin over the music. Sunrin looked at her with a small smile on her face watching the wonder cross her friend's face. This party might have been out of Sunrin's comfort zone but Minah seemed to be in her element. Minah quickly took hold of Sunrin's hand and began to pull her along through the house filled of guys and girls who all seemed to either their own age or slightly older. No parental supervision in sight.

As they made their way through a room that Sunrin could only assume had once been the living room, but now being used as a dance floor, Sunrin was surprised by how many people called out Minah's name just to wave at her. Minah had never mentioned to Sunrin how popular she was at her school. It made Sunrin wonder how much more Minah had neglected to share about her school life.

Then they entered the room that seemed to be the kitchen of the house. It was considerably less crowded in this room. The kitchen was a pristine white with marble flooring to match the marble counter tops. A big island stood in the middle of the kitchen which was currently covered with beer cans and a mixture of spirit bottles. Three guys stood by the island talking as a couple made out in the corner of the room, completely oblivious to anyone else other than each other.

"Hey, Minah! You made it." Called one of the guys by the island. A beaming smile appeared on Minah's face before she proceeded to drag Minah towards the trio. Sunrin was a little reluctantly but there was no escaping Minah's grip.

"Hey Taemin. I want you guys to meet my best friend Sunrin. Sunrin, this is Taemin, Kibum and Minho."

Sunrin's eyes rounded slightly at the sound of the last guy Minah had introduced her to. Looking at the guy, he was cute. Tall, deep brown eyes and almost black hair. Bad memories of the last Minho she had met surfaced in her mind and cause Sunrin to take a step back. Minah instantly noticed and sighed.

"This is a nice Minho. He's one of the good ones." Minah said softly as Sunrin slowly nodded her head in understanding. She looked more awkward than happy but at least she was trying. Minah couldn't ask for anything more than that.

Sunrin looked at the other two guy Minah had introduced to her. They were gorgeous. All three of them were. It surprised Sunrin that they were able to stand in this kitchen and not be mobbed by a crowd of screaming fan girls each. They looked like idols.

"...And over there is Onew." Minah rolled her eyes in the direction of the couple in the corner who had yet to tear themselves apart for air.

"Hi Onew." Sunrin said quietly, not surprised at all that she received no response.

"Don't mind him. Even if you and he were the only two in existence he'd still most likely ignore you." Kibum sighed, looking at his friend in annoyance.

"But he's like that with everyone. It's not just you. Sometime I can't even remember how we became friends with him in the first place." Minho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter