Chapter 29

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


So this was it. The day of celebration had arrived and Sunrin was sure all but one werewolf had been left in the Apartment with her.

Myungsoo had drawn the short straw, so while the rest of the pack had gone for a run, he had been left behind to bake Sunrin's birthday cake.

Her actual birthday was a week later but Sunggyu  insisted on celebrating before Hoya and he went away on a 'trip' for work.

Sunrin could easily admit that it would be weird with two member of the pack being absent on her birthday. The last time that had happened had been the very first case Sunggyu and Hoya had worked on. Ever.

As for Woohyun, it had been his first and last.

Looking at her reflection in the body length mirror that stood in the corner of her room, Sunrin in a deep breath. She replayed Minah's words in her head. Today was the day that she was going to find out for sure what she was feeling toward Myungsoo.

Sunrin wore a pair of black denim shorts with a black tank top. She had stolen one of Myungsoo's checkered blue and black shirts which she was now wearing over the black tank top. She let her wavy hair hang loose.

Stepping out of her bedroom, she made her way to the kitchen. She knew Myungsoo would be there, baking the cake that Sunggyu had requested of him.

She entered the kitchen and saw Myungsoo had his back to her, seeming to be busy whisking the cake batter together at the island.

Sunrin quietly took a seat beside where he stood. She almost instantly noticed his eyes flicker in her direction before turning back to the bowl in front of him. She didn't know why she was being so cautious around him. Maybe because of the fact that as far back as Sunrin could remember, Myungsoo had always been the one person who she had never had an issue with.

They had always been able to talk to each other about anything and everything. She didn't like that they weren't able to do that at this moment in time, all because of their stupid argument.

"So... Where are the guys?" Sunrin struggled to speak up but she knew Myungsoo had heard her.

"Oh, Are you talking to me now?"

Sunrin couldn't help but wince at his biting words.
He must have noticed as well because straight after, he heaved out a frustrated sigh before speaking up once again.

"They've all gone on their run. You know that though so why are you asking?"

Sunrin simply nodded her head slowly, not sure how to answer Myungsoo's question. Before her mind could scramble to find one, Myungsoo said "Is that my favorite shirt?"

Sunrin looked up to see Myungsoo was now fully facing her. Not just a side glance this time and for that gesture alone, it took her breath away.

She quickly composed herself though when she realized he was actually waiting for a response from her.

"Um, yeah. Doesn't it look better on me though?"

Myungsoo simply sighed before turning back to face the cake batter once again.

"So, if we're celebrating my birthday early this year, does that mean I get to open my presents today?" Sunrin asked with a small smile playing on her lips.

"I guess. Sunggyu and Hoya will probably want to see you open their gifts."

"Can I open my gift from you?" She asked, a bit of hope resonating in her voice. She had to admit, while they had not been speaking, Sunrin had begun to wonder if sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter