Chapter 28

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Four Months Later]

 

"I know I'm late. I'm so sorry. My art teacher was lecturing me over my art project I turned in last week." Sunrin rambled as she took the seat opposite Minah in their Coffee Shop, Minah had seemed to have already ordered both of their bubble teas which sat on top of the table that Minah was sat at.

 

Sunrin took a gulp from the blue plastic cup before trying to catch her second wind after losing her first from the run from her High School to the Coffee Shop. 

 

It wasn't a far distance but it had still tired Sunrin out, especially having just finished gym as her last period of the day.

 

"Relax. It was only ten minutes and even if you were later, it's not like I can get angry at the birthday girl." Minah grinned before taking a sip from her own bubble tea.

 

"Not for another week." Sunrin corrected.

 

"I thought you were celebrating early this year?" Minah questioned. Sunrin nodded her head in reply before saying "I am with the guy but it's only because Sunggyu and Hoya are going to be working away on a case on my birthday. You on the other hand will see me on that day."

 

"So what you're saying is I'm allowed to be angry at you for being ten minutes late?" Minah asked with an expression of mock horror on her face which only resulted in Sunrin laughing at her friend.

 

"It won't have the same effect now that I know you're not really mad." Sunrin said, this time making Minah laugh.

 

Once her laughter subsided, Minah's face turned serious and Sunrin knew what was coming.

 

"How are things going with Myungsoo?"

 

Sunrin couldn't help it when her facial features darkened. The topic of Myungsoo always had the same affect on her lately.

 

"Not good then." Minah answered her own question after a few seconds of silence. Sunrin had confided in Minah a month ago about her feelings toward Myungsoo, whatever those feelings may be. Sunrin was still unsure about them herself.

 

"It was his own stupid fault." Sunrin couldn't help but mumble, resting her head on the half of her hand.

 

It had been two months ago since the last time Sunrin and Myungsoo had talked to each other, or more like shouted at each other.

 

It had all started two months ago, on a Friday right before the last class of the school day. Sunrin had walked to Myungsoo's classroom, hoping Myungsoo would let her borrow his Algebra text book after Sungjong had managed to steal Sunrin's. 

 

He hadn't been in the classroom though so she had stopped a girl who appeared to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter