Chapter 15

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Two Months Later]

So the conversation hadn't gone well with Sunrin. She hated the idea of leaving everything behind and starting a new 'adventure' in Seoul. It got to the point where Sunggyu was convinced they would have to decline Jongsuk's offer.

That is until Sungjong approached Sunggyu a week after they had been told about the offer. Sungjong had apparently taken Myungsoo's reasoning to heart and had come to the conclusion that maybe moving the Seoul wouldn't be as bad as he thought. Followed by Sungjong, a couple of days later Sungyeol expressed he wasn't completely opposed to moving.

Dongwoo still had reservations about it but Dongwoo had a habit of coping with change well. Partly one of the reasons Sunggyu had left him in charge for the three years he had been absent.

With the acceptance from the rest of the pack members, Woohyun quickly came round to the idea of leaving town, although grumbling about having to pack all over again. Something that was becoming the vain of Woohyun's existence. 

That only left Sunrin not being happy about moving which was what brought Sunggyu to his current activity. Pulling Sunrin along the floor, out of the house they were leaving. She dug her heels against the hardwood flooring, her sliding across the floor.

Today was moving day.

Jongsuk had managed to find an appartment for the pack in Seoul with enough room for the eight of them. Sunggyu had taken a trip down to Seoul to check it out and it had gotten his stamp of approval. Jongsuk had also found a school close by for Sunrin to attend. An all girl's school much to Sunggyu's delight. 

"I don't want to move. Just leave me here. I'll be fine, I swear!" Sunrin shouted, clearly stuggling to stay in place as Sunggyu continued to drag her out of the house.

"No way. This is going to be a fun experience. A new adventure." Sunggyu said, pulling, being careful not to hurt Sunrin in the process. She was being so difficult and hadn't spoken to him for the week leading up to this day. It had upset him but he knew he was doing the right thing for Sunrin, even if she didn't see that at the minute.

"I don't want a new adventure." Sunrin wailed causing Sunggyu to let go of her hands. Opening her eyes, she looked at Sunggyu with tears rolling down her face. 

Sunggyu knew that she was upset but not enough to cry like this which only meant one thing. She was using her crocadile tears to get her own way. Sunggyu sighed and crouched down to her level. It was time for some tough love.

"You know you're being a drama queen, right?" 

"I learned from the best!" She shouted, pointing in the direction of Sungjong.

"Yah!" Sunggyu heard Sungjong shout as he loaded another box of his pocessions into the moving truck. 

At that moment, someone approached Sunggyu from behind. Turning slightly, he came face to face with a cat eyed boy around Sunrin's age who seemed to be scowling at him. Behind the boy, a middle age woman stood with a soft smile held on her lips.

"I hope we're not interupting." She said as Sunrin hopped to her feet and ran past the boy and into the woman's arms.

"Can I come live with you Ajumma?" Sunrin pleaded as Sunggyu looked to the boy beside him.

"Woobin I'm guessing. You havn't changed much. Sunrin, your not moving in with Woobin. You're coming with us to Seoul." Sunggyu said, standing up to his full height as Mrs Kim looked to Sunggyu and sighed.

"Woobin wanted to come say goodbye to Sunrin. I know he'll miss her. She's practically his best friend." Mrs Kim sighed and looked down at Sunrin.

"We'll both miss you Sunrin but I think your Oppa's will miss you even more if you stay here with Woobin." 

Sunrin cringed hearing the sound of the shutter on the moving van being closed. It told her that everything was loaded and ready to go. Go to Seoul and leave this town behind.

"Please don't make me go." Sunrin turned to Sunggyu. Her eyes boaring into his. Sunggyu felt his insides churn from her gaze. He knew she really didn't want to leave and he hated that he was putting her through this but it was too late to turn back now.

"We have to." He sighed as Sunrin looked to the floor in despair.

"Sunrin. Woobin has something to give you." Mrs Kim spoke up again. Sunrin turned to her friend as Woobin held out a piece of paper.

"It's my house phone number and my address. Even when you're in Seoul we can still talk to each other." Woobin said as Sunrin took the folded piece of paper from him and looked at it.

"Everything's set. We should get going" Myungsoo said, approaching Sunggyu and Sunrin.

Looking up at Myungsoo, Woobin turned to Sunrin and quickly hugged her.

"I'll miss you." He said.

As he pulled away, Sunggyu noticed Woobin had started to cry and snot ran from his nose. He quickly wipped it away with his sleeve but to Mrs Kim's annoyance. Sunrin gave a little wave in return, looking as if she had ressigned herself to her fate.

"I'll miss you aswell." She said as Sunggyu bowed slightly to Mrs Kim and walked Sunrin to his car.

Once in the car, Sunrin turned and looked out of her window, waving at Woobin and Mrs Kim as Sunggyu put his car into drive.

Halfway on their way to Seoul, Sunrin had been lulled to sleep by the car.

Myungsoo turned to look in the back of the car from the passanger seat to see the sleeping Sunrin slumped against Sungjong who sat in the back of the car with her. Heaving out a sigh, Myungsoo turned to Sunggyu who's eyes remained on the road infront of him. The other members of the pack had taken different cars to get to Seoul.

"We made the right decision, right?" Myungsoo questioned which took Sunggyu by surprise. Not once leading up to the move had Myungsoo had second thoughts about it. So why now?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter