Chapter 35

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shivering slightly, Sunrin rubbed her hands up and down her arms, hoping that the friction would warm her up slightly.

“Are you cold? You would be warm right now if you were wearing something more than…that” Jongsuk said as his eyes indicated to Sunrin`s clothing. Especially the bralette that was the main factor as to why she was feeling so cold at this moment. Granted, it did have long sleeves, but the lace fabric did nothing for the warmth that Sunrin was in need off.

Sunrin continued to sit in the seat, opposite Jongsuk who sat behind the desk in between the two of them.

“I feel more violated than cold.” Sunrin muttered, watching Jongsuk roll his eyes at her comment.

“You were at a party without parental supervision. There was also alcohol supplied to minors, not to mention the narcotics that were also being sold on the premises.” Jongsuk lectured for what seemed like the twentieth time that night. She could handle it the first few times but now it was just starting to irritate her.

“I already told you. I had no idea about the drugs and you know me well enough to know that I would never touch the alcohol. You know we well enough to know that there was no need for you to make me go pee in a cup.” Sunrin hissed out

She had honestly thought Jongsuk had been joking when he handed her the cup. Turns out he had been deadly serious. She was half tempted to throw the contents at him when she had handed the cup back to him with the lid screwed on tight.

“It was standard procedure Sunrin. Everybody who was caught at that party had to pee in a cup. Just because I know you doesn’t mean anything. I can`t be caught giving you preferential treatment.” Jongsuk said with a stern tone of voice which made Sunrin heaved out an angered sigh.

“Whatever. Since my pee sample told you that I`m clean of both, can I go home now?” Sunrin asked, already beginning to stand up from her chair. The Police Station at night was kind of creepy and Minah had already gone home with her Umma who seemed to be more angry over being dragged out of bed to come pick her daughter up.

“I already told you Sunrin. No preferential treatment. You`ll have to wait until Sunggyu gets here before you can leave.”

Sunrin`s eyes rounded in fear as Jongsuk`s words sunk in. Quickly turning to him, she leaned in slightly.

“Is this your warped way of telling me you called Sunggyu?”

“He and Hoya were out on a job tonight. They got two other officers to cover for them. They should be here any minute now.” Jongsuk explained with a small smile on his face. Clearly, he had thought he had done a good job tonight. Sunrin had other thoughts.

“Are you crazy? Please tell me you`re kidding.”

“Calm down Sunrin.”

“how do you expect me to calm down? You practically just signed my death certificate.” Sunrin exclaimed, not even wanting to think about how Sunggyu could have reacted from hearing the news that she had been arrested for attending a party with alcohol and illegal drugs present.

“Don’t you think you`re being a bit dramatic?”

“Don’t you think you`re being too much of a traitor?” Sunrin sniped back with so much venom dripping from her words that it would even make Sungjong proud.

Jongsuk frowned before threatening “Don`t make me put you in that cell.”

Sunrin`s eyes trailed towards the small bared cell that was situated in the corner of the room, currently occupied by a drunken middle aged man curled up in the corner, sleeping Sunrin assumed.

“Where is she?” Suddenly called a loud familiar voice which belonged to none other than the alpha of the pack, Kim Sunggyu. The fear that had been growing inside of her double as she turned and saw a dishevelled Sunggyu bursting into the room with Hoya close on his heels. She watched in horror as Sunggyu`s eyes scanned the room until they caught sight of her stood there, in front of Jongsuk`s desk.

“Oppa…” She began but she had no idea what she could say to calm Sunggyu right now. She knew she was in major trouble, just from the look on his face. Even when he was angry at her, his face never turned the shade of red that it was right now.

“What the hell were you thinking?!” Sunggyu snarled, storming his way over to her. It worried Sunrin so much that she felt the need to take a few steps back. Locking her up in the cell was beginning to seem like a good idea now that Sunggyu was here.

Hoya quickly between the angry Sunggyu and Sunrin, Something she was thankful for as she clung onto the back of his shirt. Hoya was right now her last thread of living past the age of seventeen.

“I thought we agreed that she can`t have been thinking. At least not clearly” Hoya spoke, trying to be the voice of reason as he watched his alpha spiralling from his own rage.

“You`re grounded. Grounded for life!” Sunggyu exclaimed, completely ignoring Hoya`s previous words to calm him down.

“Do you have any idea what of what sort of danger you put yourself in tonight?” Sunggyu carried on, looking over Hoya`s shoulder to catch Sunrin`s gaze from behind him. Sunrin couldn’t help but shake from Sunggyu`s rage. She had never been scared of Sunggyu before tonight. No matter how chaotic his mood swings could get, she had never feared him until now.

“And what the hell are you wearing?” She heard Sunggyu question. She knew it was a rhetorical question so she thought better not to answer and just let Sunggyu vent. His voice was growing louder with each question he threw her way.

Sunrin reached a point at that moment where she came to think the situation couldn’t get any worse.

That was when fate decided to prove her wrong.

“Hyung, why did you ask me to meet you here?” Came an all too familiar voice. The voice she had been both avoiding and desperately missing throughout the earlier weeks.

Sneaking a peek past

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter