Chapter 32

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking side by side, they had been walking the streets of Seoul for half an hour now and Myungsoo had yet to say one word to Sunrin.

Sunrin waited until he was ready to speak to her. She looked up at the lit up buildings, trying to keep her mind off the anxiety growing in the pit of her stomach, the anxiety she was feeling kept increasing every minute that went by in silence.

At night the city looked so different to how it looked in the day light. The street lights and the rows and rows of shops along the sidewalk helped light up the big city. In a way, Sunrin could not even fathom the words to describe the city she had grown to love over the years. She could almost remember a time when she still lived in that small town with her Oppas, the town where she had been born and found by them. Back then she had been so sure she would hate Seoul but after the years of living here, the city lights and noises at times soothed her now.

Looking around the city had managed to calm her nerves right now until Myungsoo suddenly slowed to a halt.

"This should be far enough." He muttered but Sunrin had heard him loud and clear. Just those words alone made her nerves build up all over again. Since when had Myungsoo had this sort of effect on her?

She came to a stand still and turned to Myungsoo, waiting for him to speak up. She had been wanting to have this conversation with him for a while now but now that it was actually happening, she wasn't so sure anymore.

"I've been meaning to say something about what happened between us for a while now but it never seemed like the right time. That thing that happened in the kitchen..." Myungsoo began, only for Sunrin to cut in.

"You mean the kiss." Sunrin stated, trying to fight the blush that she could feel emerging onto her cheeks while trying to keep her disdain for how Myungsoo named what happened between them a thing. She had not meant to be so upfront about it though.

"Um yeah... That." Myungsoo said, his hand flying up to rub the back of his neck. Sunrin could tell from that one movement that Myungsoo was just as nervous as she was but she was also beginning to get the feeling that the outcome of this conversation was going to be something she would not remember with fond memories.

"Although it was something that I can't say I didn't want to happen and as amazing as it was..."

She could almost sense the word 'but' coming along.

"It's something that shouldn't have happened. even if it was a birthday gift." Myungsoo said, his words like thorns that had plunged into Sunrin's chest and pierced her heart.

"What exactly are you saying?" She found herself asking. She knew what he was saying. His words had even caused the muscles in to tighten and the pain behind her eyes to intensify. She just wanted to make sure she was understanding his words correctly.

"I'm saying that it can't happen again. Even if it's something we both want-" He began only to be cut off again by Sunrin.

"So what you're saying is you want this to happen just as much as I do but you're too afraid of what the pack will think to really give this a chance?" She asked. She was jumping to the best conclusions her brain could think of and this sounded the most legit to her.

The frown on his face told her she was way off the mark.

"It just wouldn't work."

"What exactly wouldn't work? A human and a werewolf? We seemed to make it work when you were nothing but my guardian."

"That's a completely different dynamic and you know that." Myungsoo piped up, trying to defend his reasoning. Sunrin wasn't having any of his lame excuses though. She had come to the conclusion that Myungsoo was the one she wanted and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter