Chapter 51

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you freaking crazy?!” Sunrin shrieked at Chanyeol when they both broke the surface of the plunge pool. Chanyeol simply smiled at her which did nothing but annoy her further. She couldn’t believe he had just simply flung her over his shoulder and jumped into an ice cold pool of water.

“That is so not cool. You didn’t even know if I can swim or not.”

“Can you?” Chanyeol asked with raised eyebrows. Sunrin couldn’t help but frown.

She did know how to swim. The pack had made sure to teach her during the period of time that Sunggyu, Hoya and Woohyun had been working away in Seoul for those few years. Despite them having a dislike for water, they braved the local swimming pool to teach her and even enrolled her into a swimming class along with Woobin.

“That’s not the point!” Sunrin spluttered. She pushed away from Chanyeol who simply laughed at her. She ignored him and swam toward the shallows of the pool. She was about to climb out on her own when she noticed a hand outstretched in front of her. Looking up, she found Suho’s beautiful face looking down at her. No expression but he seemed to want to help her.

She hesitated taking his hand but eventually decided that if he was willing to show her he trusted her, she would have to show him the same courtesy. She reached out and placed her hand in his and allowed him to pull her out of the water with ease.

“The point is that I was helping you.” Chanyeol’s voice spoke once again as he too made his way out of the water.

“How exactly did you submerging me in water help me?” Sunrin questioned as she focused on pulling her long hair to the side and twisting to rinse the water out of her thick locks.

“It distracted you.” Chanyeol replied, shaking his head from side to side. Water that clung to his hair strands flew off in all directions.

“Hardly.”

“You’re not on fire anymore.” Suho interjected.

Sunrin looked at Suho suspiciously before looking down at her arm to see Suho was speaking the truth. There was no fire, No burn marks and No visible evidence on her body that would suggest a couple moments before she had been lit up like a bonfire.

Turning to Chanyeol, she could only find two words to say to him.

“Thank you.”

“What’s your name? I don’t know you which is weird since you’re obviously descended from my original pack. Werewolves who are able to control fire tend to keep track of our own. Who are your parents?” Chanyeol began to fire questions at her.

He didn’t seem all that dangerous to her now. If anything, he seemed concerned for her well being. She decided to answer his questions honestly.

“My name is Sunrin. Today is my eighteenth birthday. My Umma was definitely mortal and I never met my Appa. I don’t know who he is, his name or anythiing else for that matter.” Sunrin explained as Chanyeol nodded his head in understanding before looking to Suho.

“Orphan or not, she’s still one of us and she’ll need someone to teach her the ropes of being a werewolf, not to mention she needs to learn to control her fire.” Chanyeol sighed.

“Can you handle it?” Suho asked.

Sunrin caught Chanyeol looking back at her before giving her a small smile. He turned back to Suho and nodded his head.

“I’ve dealt with tougher challenges than this before.”

Suho simply shrugged his shoulders in response.

“As long as she doesn’t endanger the rest of us then I can accept you helping her.” Suho said before looking to Sunrin.

“How about it? Do you want to learn to control your powers?” Suho ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter