Chapter 12

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[2 Weeks Later]

It had been two weeks since the decision for Sunggyu, Woohyun and Hoya to relocate to Seoul had been decided. Sunggyu had contacted Jongsuk to confirm and he had allowed them two weeks to prepare their things. They hadn't packed much and had mainly spent their remaining time with the pack and Sunrin.

Sunggyu had tried to explain to Sunrin that he would be leaving for a short while but how does anyone explain that to a five year old. Eventually he just allowed her to believe he was going on vacation with only Hoya and Woohyun.

Now he stood out front of their home as Woohyun and Hoya loaded the last few boxes of their possessions into the van that Jongsuk had organized for them. Sunrin remained with Sungyeol and Sungjong, playing tea party on a picnic blanket Myungsoo had placed on the grass.

Turning to Dongwoo, he heaved out a sigh.

"I guess while I'm gone, you'll be in charge. Keep them out of trouble." Sunggyu said softly, mainly glancing towards the two boys sat on the blanket, pretending to sip tea from little plastic cups handed to them by Sunrin.

"Easier said than done." Dongwoo scoffed, almost bringing a smile to Sunggyu's lips. It was easy to admit that over the past two weeks he had been dreading this day. 

He knew the pack and Sunrin would be in safe hands with Dongwoo in charge though. He could sometimes be a complete goof but he knew how to be serious when it really mattered.

"I trust you." Sunggyu said, punching him slightly in the arm as Sunrin ran past him. Turning to see what had gotten her attention, he saw her run into Woohyun's arms who was squating on the floor and returning the hug.

Pulling away he grinned at Sunrin before a serious expression appeared on his face.

"Remind me again how much you're going to miss me?" Woohyun questioned as Sunrin giggled and flung her arms into the air to show just how much she would miss Woohyun.

"That much?! That's alot. However will you survive without me?" Woohyun asked with enthusiasm in his voice. Sunggyu couldn't help but roll his eyes at the scene infront of him.

"Do you have to go?" Came Sunrin's small voice which made Woohyun's smile vanish before looking to Sunggyu, probably wanting help with this awkward situation that had occured.

Stepping forward, Sunggyu crouched down to Sunrin's level who now had turned to him, sensing as he had approached.

"Do you not want us to go?" Sunggyu asked. Sunrin quickly shook her head in reply.

"I want you to stay here...With me."

"But we're going to catch a bad man."

"Why?"

"Because although our friend might not want to admit it, he needs our help. We're the only people who can catch the bad man. We don't want him to hurt anyone." Sunggyu tried to explain, leaving out the parts a 5 year old shouldn't need to know.

Sunggyu watched Sunrin as she contemplated his answer before sighing and nodding her head in agreement. 

At that moment, Hoya came over and swept Sunrin off her feet. Balancing her on his hip, he grinned at Sunggyu before turning to Sunrin.

"Okay Sweet Pea, give me a hug before we get going. Don't want to hit the rush hour traffic." He said before recieveing a tight hug off Sunrin.

"Sweet Pea? Really?" Woohyun mumbled as Hoya set Sunrin back down on the ground.

The two werewolves made their way towards Woohyun's car, the car they had all agreed to take with them to Seoul. That left the others with Sunggyu's and Dongwoo's car to use.

Now Sunrin stood, looking up at Sunggyu, then at her shoes, then at Sunggyu again. 

Without a word, Sunggyu crouched down and enveloped her into a hug, it wasn't long until she was returning the hug. 

"I'm going to miss you the most." Sunggyu whispered, feeling her head nod in reply. That was all Sunggyu needed. The comfort and reassurance that she would miss him, no matter how long he would be gone.

Before his mind could tell him to back out of this and remain with Sunrin, Sunggyu pulled away and placed a small kiss on her forehead before standing back up to his full height and gave a nod to the pack members that would remain behind before turning to Woohyun's car. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter