Chapter 42

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Skidding to a stop beside the tree he had placed his clothes before the start of their run, Sunggyu focused and began to return to his human form. It had been an hour since Myungsoo and he had arrived at the Nature Park and they had been running in their wolf forms freely ever since.

An hour for Sunggyu to sort out everything he had learned that day and an hour for Myungsoo to try keep up with Sunggyu’s pace.

Once back in his human form, Sunggyu took his clothes and began to get dressed. He heard the familiar sound of Myungsoo changing form behind him. It didn’t take long before the two of them were both fully clothed and sat on the ground beside each other.

“…Is this the part where you and I have that talk that you mentioned earlier?” Myungsoo asked, keeping his head down while trying to avoid any kind of eye contact with Sunggyu.

“…You were always her favourite. We all knew that. I just figured you would never cross the line of becoming something more.” Sunggyu sighed. His words made Myungsoo look up at Sunggyu. To really look at him.

“I won’t lie and pretend I didn’t know I was Sunrin’s favourite but as for the line, I don’t think I did anything wrong.”

“You don’t?”

“At first when I noticed how my feeling were changing for Sunrin, I tried to deny it. I forced myself to believe that it could never amount to anything and it made Sunrin and I miserable. The moment I accepted my feelings and decided to act on them though, it was then that I realized there was no line there for me to cross. Making myself and Sunrin happy trumps any line drawn by people’s expectations of me.” Myungsoo explained which caused Sunggyu to admit to himself that Myungsoo had seriously thought this through.

He was serious about Sunrin.

“You know sending me away won’t fix this. Sunrin is human. You and I both know they are the most stubborn species that we’ve ever come across. They fight harder for what they want. Sunrin especially because she’s Sunri’s daughter.” Myungsoo sighed aloud.

“You got the stubborn part right but sometimes when Sunrin shows that stubborn side of hers, it makes we question if Sunri was that difficult?” Sunggyu said before tilting his head back to look up at the clear sky above them.

“Maybe not to you because you were in love with Sunri. It blinded you from her flaws.”

Sunggyu looked back at Myungsoo who now held a smile at the fond memories with Sunri that he was probably now thinking about. It made Sunggyu have to urge to asked a question that he wasn’t sure he wanted to hear the answer to. He forced himself to ask it anyway.

“Is it the same for you with Sunrin?”

Myungsoo couldn’t help but laugh before he turned to Sunggyu.

“I think everyone loves in different ways. While you loved Sunri so much that it caused you not to notice her flaws, I know Sunrin has loads of her own but none of them make me love her less. In spite of them, she makes me happy and I want to be with her.” Myungsoo smiled and it actually made a shiver run down Sunggyu’s spine.

It was then that Sunggyu realized that even if he remained against their relationship, Sunrin and Myungsoo’s feelings for each other would not vanish because he knew how hard it was for him to let go of Sunrin.

Hell, It had already been over seventeen years and he still wasn’t sure if he had actually let go. The day Sunri had died, a bit of Sunggyu had died with her. Something he would never be able to get back. Not wanting to think about it any longer, Sunggyu heaved out a sigh and flashed a small smile in Myungsoo’s direction. Something he could tell took Myungsoo by surprise.

“…I have rules.” He eventually said, fighting the urge to grind his teeth together in annoyance. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter