Chapter 5

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A month went by after the incident in the park. Myungsoo and Woohyun had both agreed never to tell Sunggyu of the events that happened that day. Sungyeol and Sungjong remained eternally thankful for both keeping their bad baby sitting skills a secret as well as helping to find Sunrin that day.

The pack had been living in their cottage with Sunrin for 7 months and they had all gotten into a routine. Something that a baby needed, according to the child handling book Sunggyu had issued to every pack member to read.

Life was simple, and surprisingly harmonious for the werewolf pack. That is until Sunrin started teething.

"She's so loud!" Sungyeol called over to Sunggyu as he helplessly watched Myungsoo try to sooth the wailing Sunrin, her tears rolling down her cheeks which had turned a deep color of red.

"She's teething. It's naturally going to be painful." Sunggyu sighed, tired from the sleepless night he had endured the night before. Sunrin had been unable to sleep because of her sore gums which had caused the pack members to take shifts looking after her throughout the night.

"Who knew baby's where such hard work." Dongwoo mumbled, splayed across the chair having had even less sleep than Sunggyu.

"According to the book, she's at the right age to be getting her primary teeth, there are methods to help ease the pain..." Sungjong said, skimming the pages of his book, before looking up at the others.

"Do them." Woohyun, Sungyeol and Dongwoo all chorused together, their voices sounding desperate.

"Well there are a number of things, their are over the counter medicines you can buy for teething pain relief. There's also teething rings that a baby can chew on..."

"I already sent Hoya to buy them this morning. He should be back soon." Sunggyu interrupted.

"There are also other ways. A chilled wash rag can help or a cold spoon to press against her gums. You can even use your finger to massage the baby's gums." Sungjong looked up from the pages to Myungsoo who in turn looked at Sunrin who remained sobbing in his arms.

At that moment they all heard the front door open and shut again and a few seconds later, Hoya walked into the room with a plastic bag in his hands. Looking to Sunrin and then to Sunggyu, Hoya looked a little worried.

"I got some stuff that will help Sunrin's teething. Sort of." Hoya spoke, sounding slightly worried.

"Why do you sound unsure?" Myungsoo questioned as he bounced Sunrin on his hip softly, hoping that in some way the motion would help her. It appeared to backfire though as she left out a big wail along with fresh tears running from her eyes.

"Well, I couldn't find the teething rings that you asked me to get and when I asked an employee, she told me they had sold out. I was about to give up when I noticed another shop across the street. It's not exactly what you asked for but it might do the trick." Hoya expl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter