Chapter 31

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunrin was having trouble processing Sunggyu's words, she had at first thought her ears were deceiving her but after asking Sunggyu to repeat himself, it seemed she had heard correctly all along.

"Is this some kind of birthday prank?" Sunrin questioned, hoping that they would all burst into laughter and confess they were just kidding and that she had completely fell for it, except they didn't. Instead she heard Sunggyu heave out a huge sigh as a hand fell into her lap.

Woohyun's hand to be exact.

She found him crouching in front of her, his eyes peering up at her kindly.

Those familiar reassuring eyes of his.

She couldn't help but offer a small smile in return, it was almost a reflex.

"It's your decision. It always has been. We're only telling you now because we didn't want to spring it on you on your eighteenth birthday. This way you will have a whole year to think it over. You won't have to decide right now." Woohyun explained in a soft tone of voice. His word somehow provided at least some solace for Sunrin.

"A whole year and one week." Sunrin corrected, finding herself trying to lighten up the mood at least a bit.

"Exactly!" Sunggyu suddenly boomed, making Sunrin jump beside him.

"Hyung, calm yourself. You just nearly gave her a heart attack. You've done your part, she knows and she seems to be handling it better than you are." Hoya chastised his Alpha. 

That was the first time Sunrin had ever seen that. Although Sunggyu had his 'freak out' moments, she had always known Sunggyu for his authoritative and composed demeanor in serious situations such as right now.

Taking hold of Sunggyu's right hand, although she was shocked to find Sunggyu's hand was shaking, Sunrin forced a smile on her face.

"I promise to think about it seriously and I'll make my decision closer to the time of my eighteenth birthday with a clear mind, okay?"

She knew now would be a good time to offer some kind of reassurance to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu nodded his head in understanding, now heaving a sigh of relief as he tried to control his unsteady nerves that had been wrecking havoc within him since this conversation that began.
 
-

-

-

[One Week Later]

"Happy Birthday!" Minah cried as Sunrin entered their Cafe after school a week later. 

Minah, to Sunrin surprise, had taken the liberty of getting a birthday cake which currently sat on the table that Minah and Sunrin now sat at.

Sunrin could barely keep herself from laughing when Minah leaned over and placed a party hat on Sunrin's head just to add her own personal touch of embarrassment for Sunrin to endure.

"This is so embarrassing." Sunrin smiled as Minah simply laughed at her best friend.

"I'm allowed to be embarrassing today. It's not every day that my girl turns seventeen" Minah explained herself loudly, catching the attention of almost every customer in the Cafe.

"Your girl?"

"Yes. Who else would I call my girl other than you?" Minah questioned animatedly which only made Sunrin laugh even more. She didn't answer Minah's question however, sensing Minah still had more to say, which apparently she did.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter