Chapter 36

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Along the way to her unknown destination, Sunrin had decided to remain silent after noticing the steely look in Myungsoo`s eyes. It was the same sort of look she had seen in Sunggyu`s eyes before they had left the Police Station. It didn`t take long for Sunrin to figure out where Myungsoo was taking her, which seemed to be a good idea. None of the pack would be out for a run this late and it would be closed to the public right now.

It was no surprise to her when Myungsoo parked his car on the gravel of the Nature Park`s car park. 

They both sat in the car in silence for a few seconds before Myungsoo silently got out of the car, slamming the door behind him. Sunrin couldn’t help but flinch from the loud sound. 

She remained sat in the passenger side, watching Myungsoo as he paced back and forth in front of the bumper of his car.

Her eyes watched him intently as she wondered if it would be safe for her to join him outside. Eventually Myungsoo came to a halt and turned to look at her through the windscreen window of the car.

Thinking that there was no way in hell she would be able to avoid this conversation with Myungsoo, Sunrin unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of the car. She remained cautious as she walked around the car to join Myungsoo in front of the bumper.

Myungsoo was silent for a minute as he looked to the gravel underneath his feet, kicking it slightly in frustration.

“What the hell were you thinking?”

Myungsoo`s question sounded so cold and distant that it felt like a slap across the face for Sunrin. Almost instantly, she felt her mental guard shoot up.

“Do you realize the danger you put yourself in tonight? What could have happened if any other police officer happened to have caught you there tonight?” He questioned, his voice having an edge to it that Sunrin had never heard his voice hold before.

Sunrin could speak nothing but the truth.

“I went there to have some fun, Since you rejected me my mind has done nothing but obsess over ways to forget about what happened between us.” Sunrin explained, her voice staying steady and firm. She was not willing to allow herself to feel bad about wanting to make herself feel better after he had rejected her. She could admit that the party might have been the wrong way to go about it but not the fact that she deserved to feel at least a little bit better about herself.

“Well I hope for your sake that it was worth it.” Myungsoo scoffed which made Sunrin`s metaphorical hackles raise slightly. He had no right to be so angry at her when he was the driving force that made her attend the party in the first place.

“You know what? It was worth it. With all things considered before Jongsuk showed up, I was actually having fun. I even met someone. He was cute and believe it or not he seemed to like me a lot and call me crazy but it felt good to feel desired. It`s something I haven’t felt from you in a long time.

Now Myungsoo looked like he had been the one who had been slapped but Sunrin would be damned if she was going to feel bad about what she had shared with Minho tonight.

“Wait a minute. You think I rejected you because I don’t desire you? Sunrin, I rejected you because I desire you too much. So much that it drives be crazy every time I see you.” Myungsoo snapped but Sunrin could hear the serious tone of his voice. She was lost for words. Sensing her shock Myungsoo proceeded on.

“But judging by what you’ve told be about tonight, I made the right call. It reminded me of how unreliable a human`s love can be. You were so easily swayed by another guy because you were hurting over me.”

“What? As if your love is so reliable? Tell me something. Do you even know what this love feels like? Do you know what it feels like to feel like your heart has been ripped out of your chest and stamped all over by the one person you never thought would hurt you? Because that’s how I`ve been feeling for the last couple of weeks.” Sunrin snarled as all the hurt and the pain she had been holding back for weeks rushed forward, wanting to feel validated.

“And you think it`s been that easy for me? You have no idea what I`m feeling right now. You might be feeling upset about being rejected but I have to deal with something completely different. I have to take into account of how the whole pack would feel if I acted on my feelings for you.” Myungsoo snarled which shocked Sunrin into silence.

Her mind was reeling, trying to absorb everything that Myungso was saying to her. These weren’t the words of a man who didn’t care about her and that’s when she noticed it. Through out this whole argument, Myungsoo had not once told her that he didn’t love her.

She knew he had always loved her but there were different types of love to be considered. She had to know what sort of love he felt for her. That’s why she forced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter