Chapter 14

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[One Month Later]

It had been a month since Sunggyu, Hoya and Woohyun had returned from Seoul and almost instantly it seemed like they had never left. They fell back into their rightful places within the pack, much to the pleasure of Dongwoo who seemed to have had enough of playing Alpha to last a lifetime.

The offer presented to the three werewolves in Seoul played on their minds however. Sunggyu still thought it was too soon to bring it up with the rest of the pack while Hoya became restless with the idea of accepting it on his own if the pack refused the offer. Woohyun remained undecided, unable to make up his mind if he even wanted to pursue the offer.

The pack members had wanted details on why it had taken much longer than two weeks to track down the fugitive they had originally left to hunt.

"Jongsuk neglected to mention that the fugitive was not only a criminal but also a Seer, like himself." Sunggyu explained as he Sunrin's hair as she rested against him on the couch. She seemed to be uninterested as she currently had her head down, reading a book.

"He saw us coming all the time. The first time we almost caught him was just because he wasn't expecting us. Once he realized we were helping the police, he must have started keeping tabs on us using his gift. No matter what we did, he knew what was to come which made him almost impossible to obtain." Hoya explained as Woohyun nodded his head in agreement. 

"So how did you catch him in the end? If he knew all your plans to catch him it should have literally been impossible. Not just almost." Sungyeol was the first to ask the question that probably all the werewolves were wondering.

"I was going to send for more of you to come join us but we realized it wasn't the number of us that was the problem. The criminal was getting cocky. Sloppy even and then we had an idea. Why not capture him using his own devices against him?"

"When you say devices, you mean-"

"His gift. He was relying on that too much but he didn't know that we had someone else on our side with the same gift." Woohyun elaborated, sat with a cocky smile on his face, having been the one to come up with the idea in the first place.

"Although Jongsuk hadn't been using his gift as much as the Seer we were trying to catch, which left us at a disadvantage and was the main reason why it took us so long to come home." Sunggyu spoke up, giving them a roll of his eyes to show how much Jongsuk had irritated him while they had been away.

Myungsoo perked up, remembering something Jongsuk had mentioned when he had appeared before them three years ago.

"But he said that was how he found out we were back in town and how he knew Sunrin was alive."

Sunrin looked up almost instantly. Hearing her name snapped her out of her reading trance. Myungsoo noticed and bit his lip before apologizing. She simply smiled and went back to reading. Sunggyu made a mental note to be more aware when speaking in Sunrin's presence. 

She wasn't at an age where he could talk about her in her presence without her noticing. She took notice now. her head again, Sunggyu turned back to Myungsoo.

"And before that he hadn't used his gift in years. He was severally out of practice. To catch this Seer, Jongsuk needed to be in top form where his gift was concerned. It took at least two and a half years to do that. You know how stubborn he is and he didn't want to use his gift to begin with."

"He cracked when he finally realized that using his gift was the only way we were going to catch this guy when a new victim turned up. Training him to harness his gift took more time than the first time we did it. Learning to control it took longer." Hoya said as Sunggyu nodded in agreement, remembering the months they spent urging him to break through the wall he had subconsiciously put up in his head to prevent the visions from coming forth.

That wall allowed Jongsuk to see visions he only wanted to see but limited how far into the future he could see. 

"So I guess you guys eventually taught Jongsuk to control it?" Sungjong questioned as Sunggyu nodded his head in reply.

"Like I said before. This Seer grew cocky and sloppy. He was leaving a stronger trail for us but was only concentrating on our presence. He thought the police had given up on him after so much time. The idea of another Seer being on the police force never entered his mind so we formed a plan. While all of his attention was escaping us, Jongsuk and a few other police would intercept him while he was tryng to escape us. Jongsuk just had to look further into the future than he ever had before to for the details for the plan to work, like where we'd be at certain times while on the chase. He didn't tell us the details to ensure that it played out the way it was meant to from the beginning."
 
"It was awesome. The adrenaline that runs through your body when you're on the chase for the criminal who knows what you are. There's no other feeling like it." Hoya exclaimed making Sunrin jump slightly.

"Sounds like you guys had fun." Dongwoo said, side glancing at Hoya imparticular.

"Some more than others." Woohyun mumbled. It was obvious he hadn't enjoyed himself as much as Hoya.

At that moment, Sunrin looked up and shut her book. Looking up at Sunggyu suspiciously before turning to Myungsoo.

"Since werewolves exist, does that mean vampires do as well?" Sunrin questioned as Sunggyu tilted his head questioningly. Sunrin asking such a question peaked his curiosity.

"Random question. Why do you want to know?" Sungyeol asked as he took the book Sunrin had been reading out of her hands.

"Twilight? Really?" 

Sunrin quickly made to grab the book back from Sungyeol but failed miserably.

"I'm just curious." Sunrin shrugged, making another grab for the book.

"They used to." Myungsoo spoke up.

Sunrin quickly turned to Myungsoo, the book she had been trying to r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter