Chapter 49

Running With Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minah, I swear it was like something from a movie.” Sunrin exclaimed that night after they had returned home from the Restaurant, they had decided to eat out with Woobin in town. Sunrin had told them all about what she had witnessed in the woods earlier that day.

Sure, they had no problem believing in werewolves now but mysterious guys in the woods who could apparently do magic tricks with fire? Nope.

They figured Sunrin was hallucinating or something.

“Like Twilight?” Minah asked, she smiled when she saw Sunrin’s frown.

“Okay, I’ll bite. Suppose you did see this guy who plays with fire. You said he seemed to respond to the howling of wolves. If he is a werewolf like you suspect, how is it he has some sort of super power that the pack at home have never shown to possess?” Minah asked.

Sunrin had no idea how to answer Minah’s question. The pack at home had always been honest with her about their supernatural abilities and even if they had some sort of ability that they kept from her, there was no way they would have been able to hide it for all of these years.

Sunrin simply shrugged her shoulders.

“Was the guy hot? Like fire?” Minah smirked, seeming pleased with her lame pun.

“I’m not going to dignify that with an answer.”

“I’ll take your silence as a yes. Tell me more.” Minah urged, a playful smile now held on her lips.

“You’re dating my best friend!”

“I thought I was your best friend?” Minah said with mock shock tainting her words.

“I’m not having this conversation. It’s getting later. I’m going to go and try get some sleep. Woobin seems to have a very busy day planned for us tomorrow.” Sunrin sighed, remembering all the activities Woobin had listed over dinner. They would be going back to Seoul tomorrow evening and there was so much Woobin wanted to do before he had to drive them home. It would also be her eighteenth birthday as well.

“She’ll officially be an adult.” Woobin had kept on reminding the two of them.

“We’ve got to make this birthday special.”

“All my birthdays should be special.” Sunrin had chimmed.

After saying goodnight to Minah, Sunrin headed upstairs and into her bedroom.

Once having brushed her teeth and washed her face. Sunrin changed into her pyjamas. A simple pair of black and purple leopard print silk shorts and a plain black tank top. She tied her hair into a loose bun and crawled into bed, settling down to get some much needed sleep.

God knows she needed it after today.

-

-

-

Sunrin panted as she ran through the familiar forest, her feet covered in cuts and mud from the damp earth. She pushed herself to run faster under the light of the moon until she skidded to a stop infront of an unfamiliar house. She didn’t hesitate as she rushed forward through the front door and taking up the staircase, two steps at a time.

It was only when she reached the top that she took pause. The strong smell of something sweet and metallic stung her nostrils. Taking slow steps down the pale cream painted walls of the hallway, Sunrin stopped at the first door that she came too. It was ajar and she knew that the scent she was following was inside this room.

Pushing the door open gently, she stepped into the room. She felt her stomach drop when she saw the scene in front of her.

Scarlett blood covered all four walls of the bedroom with a body sprawled out across the messy bed, her hair tangled and matted with the same blood. Her originally white nightdress was creased and her body was pale, The distinctive claw and bite marks had formed clumps of dry blood around the puncture wounds on her body. Sunrin felt like she was looking into a mirror but there were a few difference. The girl on the bed was not Sunrin,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter