Chapter 7: Jealous, and missing you

Love behind-the-scene

It was a busy Monday and Eric was filming his new music video along a busy street in New York, miles and miles away from Korea. Scrolling through his phone gallery, he paused at a photo of him and Solar. It has only been few days since they last met and less than 24hours ago since they last spoke on the phone, but he is already missing her. A lot.

 

Suddenly a message notification showed up on the screen. Call it fate or what, Solar has just sent him a voice message, just when his mind is filling with thoughts of her. "Yoonddongseu~ what are you doing now? Where are you now?...I'm finally on my way back home from the broadcasting station. Sigh, I miss you..Come back soon..Bbyong~" Eric smiled as he finished listening to her voice message. Her voice is like his soul food right now, recharging him whenever he feels exhausted. "Hey Baby...I'm in New York right now, I'm missing you too. Make sure you rest well ok? I'll be back in few days' time.." Eric recorded his reply in fluent English instead of his usual way of replying her in Korean. This was his way of making her listen to his message repeatedly, she has yet gotten used to his Atlanta accent.

 

Wednesday...

 

"Yay Yoonddongseu~ This is so fun!" Solar was beaming from all the excitement and fun she was having from decorating their home balcony - transforming the place into a bar of their own. It was Eric's idea to make this cozy corner their very own Eric-Solar's bar, to chill together and enjoy a drink or two. Although the unexpectedly hard work of pumping the inflatable swimming pool drained loads of energy from him, seeing Solar hopping around and humming as she designed the arangement of the decorations made everything worthwhile. Having spent the past few days miles apart from each other, Eric and Solar started their day early today - going for food at Itaewon, going to the bank etc.

 

It was close to 8pm when they finished. Solar sat Eric down in their living room with a nice cold drink and started giving him a shoulder massage. She was amused by the shagged expression he had as the inflatable swimming pool slooooooowly took its shape. Their home is filling up with their memories in every corner, it was like their own secret hideout away from the stress of their busy schedules.

 

"Oppa~.." Solar wrapped her arms around Eric's shoulders and gave him a hug while kneeling behind him. "You went overseas to film your music video right? When will you show it to me?" Eric smiled sheepishly at Solar after hearing her question, he was not sure how she would react if she see the music video and the album poster now. "I'll let you listen to the song when the producers are done with the finalised version ok? I promise you'll be the first one I'll send to." Solar tightened her hug and giggled as she nodded to his promise.

 

Few days later...

 

Line~! Eric's phone notification for LINE app rang as he was in his studio with his manager. Not thinking much about it, he listened to the voice message with his manager beside him. "Oppa, I just watched the music video and saw the album poster. What's all these? You're so mean, you didn't say that there was such skinship with the model..HMPH!" It was Solar. And yes, she sounded angry but still cute at the same time. Eric felt guilty although he knew part of her probably was joking with him, part of her was truly jealous of the models. "Do i have any more schedules tonight? If there isn't, could I block the evening for today? I have a place to go to.." Eric tried to send SOS signals through his eyes to his manager, whom of course, knew that Eric was in deep . "Nope, you're all good after this recording. Go ahead."

 

Eric drove all the way to Solar's neighbourhood, quickly grabbed some food and a stalk of rose before heading to MAMAMOO's apartment. Ding Dong~! Eric nervously stood at their doorstep, waiting for one of the girls to let him in. Prior to coming, he has already texted their manager to inform the girls. "Ric-hyung!" Wheein and Hwasa reduced their usual voice volume of greeting him as they quickly ushered him into their house. The girls have left Moonbyul in the room to make sure that Solar would not come to the door. Pointing to Solar's room door, Wheein imitated an angry face and placed her hands on her hip. Eric nodded as he understood what she was saying. Wheein was trying to potray how Solar reacted when they watched his new music video together. Not forgetting the close-to-kissing pose on the album poster.

 

"Unnie! Look who's here~!" Hwasa opened the door and pushed Eric in while Moonbyul hurriedly dashed out of the room, leaving him and Solar alone in the room. "Ya! What are you all doing?" Solar was caught offguard when she saw Eric in front of her eyes. Remembering his music video and the poster, she gave him a narrowed eye look and turned her back towards while folding her arms. "Yongddong ah~~" Eric stood behind her and tapped his finger on her shoulder. Solar slapped his finger away and pouted even more. Eric chuckled as he could see her reflection from the mirror. "How can someone be so cute when angry?" Eric wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close, resting his chin on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, I swear it was not my idea at all, it's just purely for work  purpose. You know, my eyes only see you right?" Eric's gentle words brought a smile onto Solar's face, it was difficult for her to stay angry with him. Turning around, she hit her fist on his chest before entering his arms again. Eric wrapped his arms tightly around Solar and kissed the top of her head, her hair gently down to her back. "I miss you..."

 

All was good again, as the two of them knew how much they have missed each other over the past few days..