Chapter 19: For our future

Love behind-the-scene

"Byulli ah~ taste this for me please?" Solar was busy in the kitchen on a chilly autumn morning. Scooping the seaweed soup for Moonbyul to taste, Solar watched on with anticipation in her eyes as she waited for her "food-taster" to say her comments. "Its better than what you have been feeding us for the past few days." Moonbyul was the only one who did not run away when she asked for food-taster. Wheein and Hwasa reacted quickly upon her request and ran to hide in their room. "Really? You think so? I'm so scared that I'll screw up my cooking again for his early birthday celebration during our last filming....Unnie, I think Ric-hyung is used to eating your signature lousy cooking." Moonbyul smirked as she said. Puffing up her cheeks, Solar stuck her tongue out and made a face at her.

 

"You know, it means really weird to end this virtual marriage with him. We promised that this will not be an end to our relationship, it is more like bringing the entire relationship off-screen. But it just feels off..I can't help feeling sad when I think of tomorrow. Hopefully I wont cry in front of the cameras, that would be so ugly." Solar tried to fake a smile as she confessed her true feelings to Moonbyul. The latter nodded in silence, she knew what her leader was going through. This decision was made by their companies as MAMAMOO and Eric would all be very busy during the end of the year, after considering much about it, MBC agreed to allow them to end. Now nobody knows what would happen to its ratings.

 

"Unnie~~! Did you see this? Ric-hyung promoted our new album in his social media accounts!" Hwasa came out running to them with her phone and Wheein skipped behind her. Beaming widely, Solar's sadness seemed to be washed away by Eric's sweet gesture. Posing a selfie with Hwasa's phone screen on Eric's instagram post of their new album, MAMAMOO beagle-dols made the most touched expression they could manage and sent it to Eric as a form of thank-you.

 

That night, Solar stayed up late. She was writing a letter to Eric but of course, many drafts of the letters ended up in the trash basket. She really wanted to convey her true feelings to him. Tears swelled up in her eyes as she was writing the last few sentences. A tear landed on the letter - just at the heart she drew as she wrote "I love you"...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

At the Ddongi house...

Solar arrived at the Ddongi house at 7am to make sure she had enough time to prepare the birthday meal for Eric. Rushing by herself through the kitchen, she was happy. It is a new feeling inside her, it is as if they are really married and she as the wife is busy preparing for her beloved husband's birthday. Eric arrived just as she was about to finish cooking her soup. "Yoonddong~ come down.." As she looked on while Eric enjoyed her food, the mixed feelings came back at her again - happy that she can feed him well, sad that this is their last filming.

 

"Yongsun ah~" Eric wrapped his arms around her waist as they were packing in their bedroom after the cameras were removed. Placing his chin on her shoulder, he pulled her closer into his arms, her back close to his chest. "Did you cry last night? The ink on the letter seems abit smudged at the bottom corner." Solar turned around as Eric asked. Giving him a sad smile, she nodded in silence. Her words in the letter are all her true emotions which can only be read by him. Respecting their decision not to disclose the contents to the audience, the PDs did not film her letter. Cupping her right cheek, Eric wiped the stubborn tear that trickled down despite Solar's efforts to blink it away. "Let's end this happily and beautifully for the fans who have been supporting us since Day 1 alright?" Eric gave her a quick peck on the lips and smiled.

 

"Oppa, can i bring Dumbo back home?" Solar asked as she hugged Eric's elephant soft toy close to her. "Then I'm taking this ok?" Eric held onto Solar's puppy dog and grinned. The couple was finally done with packing and splitting of their couple items after an hour. As they had too many items to carry, Eric and Solar decided to only bring some along with them for the rest of the filming. After alighting from the cab, the couple walked in silence as the memories of their virtual marriage ran through their minds like a movie. Looking back at how they first met, how they got their home, the proposal and the wedding and of course they removed all awkwardness between them and became part of each other's life - it was definitely a fun experience for both of them. Today's end would just a beginning of a new chapter for their relationship.

 

The filming ended in a warm and beautiful way as the couple finished their last few photos. Thanking the staff who have been with them since Day 1, they bid their farewell and left for Eric's home. "Yoonddongseu~ what should we do about our Ddongi home? Should we still continue to rent it? I really love the home a lot, we had so much memories there.."Solar frowned as she plopped down onto Eric's couch. Sitting down beside her and patting her knee, Eric was glad that they are both thinking the same way. "I was just about to ask you this too. Great that my wifey is thinking fo the same thing as I am." The word 'wifey' made Solar laughed. "What wifey? Mr Nam, we are 'virtually divorced' from today you know. You're a free man now." She winked as she leaned closer to poke his cheek.

 

"Oh I'm a free man now? Hmmm..who should I look for as my new wife then? Wendy? Ailee? Amber perhaps?..." Eric pretended to think hard on it as Solar threw a pillow at his face and pouted. "That's fast of you to think of them. Go ahead then!" Solar stomped into his room and hid in his blanket. Chuckling at her reaction, Eric went into his room. "Yongddong ah~...Yongsun ah~..." Solar squealed under the blanket as Eric jumped onto the bed and started tickling her weak spots. Finally coming out from underneath, her hair was in a mess and a smile was on her face again. Opening his arms, Eric smirked. "Ya...Which girl would scold a guy and then come into his room?...So am I still a free man now?" Hitting her fist on his chest, Solar cannot help but beam sweetly at him. "Because this room is mine. You're mine too. All mine~"

 

Ruffling her hair and pulling her close to him, Eric planted a kiss on Solar's forehead. "I love you Kim Yongsun...I love you too Nam Yoondo..." The couple snuggled closer as their love drove away all the sadness in their hearts...