Chapter 11: Chuseok Gathering Night

Love behind-the-scene

It was a long day for all the couples as they started filming for the Chuseok Special episode early in the morning and only ended close to 9pm. Other couples left the hotel to return to their respective homes. Eric and Solar booked a room for an overnight stay as they did not have any schedule the next day. "I'm so tired~~~" Eric plopped onto their hotel bed with his tummy facing down. He still could not believe that they actually won every section of the competition to be the ultimate winner couple. Their chemistry surprised everyone.

 

"Oppa, you are going back to the States to celebrate Chuseok with your family right?..." Eric turned to face Solar as her voice trailed off. "Yeah we will be going to Sedona for our family trip, it's been a long time since our last trip together. How about you?...Me? My sister would not be coming back to Korea this year for Chuseok because of her school term and we would be having a few schedules on that day. So I guess, I'll be spending my Chuseok with my members at work." Solar sighed as she gave Eric a weak smile.

 

Noticing the sadness in her tone, Eric spread his arms open and gestured for Solar to come over to him. As she entered his arms, he wrapped his arms around her tightly and patted her cheek gently. "It's ok, there's always a next time. We can plan Chuseok in advance next year so that we can have time for your family and mine..You know what, let's get changed. I'll bring you to somewhere later alright?" Eric ruffled Solar's hair as she looked at him with a surprised and confused look.

 

Half an hour later, they were taking a stroll hand-in-hand outside the hotel. The location was good as it allows guests to have their own privacy, away from the usual bustling city life of Seoul. "Where are we going?" Curiosity got the better of Solar as they walked further away from the hotel lobby. A secretive grin spread across Eric's face as he placed a finger on his lips. "Secret. Just follow me." As they walked, Solar noticed some light at a distance and some familiar figures. She stopped in her tracks as she realised who they were. Eric turned to look at her and observed her reaction with anticipation, this was his surprise for her.

 

"Eomma, Appa~!" Solar ran towards her parents as they waved. Eric had planned this surprise as a last min event earlier this morning, with the help of MAMAMOO's manager. Luckily for him, Solar's parents were able to attend this surprise meetup to celebrate Chuseok early with their precious daughter. Eric's manager was able to source some arrangement for some decorations and food for the event, while Solar's manager drove her parents to the planned location.

 

"Our dear Yongsunnie~" Solar's mum patted her gently as she dried her daughter's tears. They were disappointed that they would not be able to spend Chuseok together as a family this year. Eric's proposal to come up with this surprise meetup touched her and her husband. They knew he was a reliable and well-mannered boy, but did not expect him to put in so much efforts just to make their daughter happy. His thoughtfulness brought relief to them, it was rare for younger generations to be able to take care of such details these days.

 

Turning to Eric, Solar hit her fist on his chest as she gave him a sweet smile while tears swell up again in her eyes. Eric placed his arm around her and gave her shoulder a light squeeze. It was near to midnight when they finished their mini meetup. Warmth filled up their hearts, time with family is always precious. The couple waved bye to the elders as the manager drove off. Slipping her hand into Eric's, Solar beamed at Eric. Before Eric could react, Solar tiptoed and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Oppa~ thank you..." As she ended her sentence, Solar blushed and started running away, turning to look at Eric with every steps. Eric laughed at her flustered behaviour and gave chase. "Yongsun ah, wait for me! Let's go together!"

 

That night, their laughter filled the silence of the night sky as they ran the way back to the hotel. This is yet another beautiful memory...