Chapter 24: Rumours?

Love behind-the-scene

"Oppa, have you seen the news of this entertainment reporter's latest article? He said that a BTS member and 2 of our members are dating." Solar's worried voice came over the message on Eric's phone. Though they have not been exactly hiding from the public, the couple has not made any official announcement through their companies. They enjoy being together away from the public eye. Being in this industry for a few years, they knew very well that sometimes it is better to keep relationships at a low profile. Tapping to the call function, Eric attempted to call Solar.

 

"Yongsun ah..." Eric's gentle voice came through to Solar's ear as she tapped to pick up the call. She cannot help but be slightly worried about rumours. Rumours can bring bad changes to their career if not handled properly. "You're worried, arent you? Let's meet then we will talk about it ok?" Eric's voice calmed the jitters Solar was feeling. She knew that no matter what happens, they will always be supporting each other. His words provide just the reassurance she need right now.

 

Hugging herself tightly as the cold wind blew against her, Solar walked into the alley of their Ddongi home on that snowy night. Just then, someone pulled her into the shadows of the building nearby. "Hey..." A familiar voice whispered into her ear. Turning around, Solar saw Eric smiling at her with his arms wrapped around her waist. "I was thinking of scaring you in our home but my plan failed when i saw you walking behind me." Solar smiled at his cheeky confession as she smacked his arm lightly.

 

Tapping the code of their front door, the couple went into their favourite hide-out: their one and only Ddongi home. Snuggling under the blanket, Solar curled up on the bed while Eric made some hot chocolate for two. Setting the cups on the bedside table after he came up, Eric wrapped an arm around Solar and pulled her close to him. Solar was being especially quiet tonight, Eric knew very well what her worries are.

 

"Oppa..what if our relationship is exposed to the public?" Solar mustered her courage to speak out her greatest worry. Resting her head in the crook of his shoulder, Solar looked up at Eric. "Hmmm..When that really happens, we just have to face it together and be honest. People fall in love, this is just part of life. We should be honest, especially to the fans who have always been here for us and show us much love and support. Of course, there will be people who may not agree to us being together. But love just happens, isnt it? Feelings are part of us too. I'm sure we will be fine even if our relationship comes to light. Just trust me and have faith in our relationship ok?" Tapping Solar's nose as he finished, Eric smiled and cupped his girl's cheek in his hand. Tilting his head slightly, Eric bend down to Solar's lips. As their lips meet, Solar forgot about her worries. That's right, she has him and he has her. That is all that matters...