Chapter 26: No misunderstanding that cannot be cleared up

Love behind-the-scene

Ding-dong! Solar stood at Eric's door step, waiting for him to open his door for her. She was feeling slightly down due to an article she saw online earlier in the evening. "I guess Oppa is not so into me as I am..." Her thoughts ran wild and negative after reading the article. A part of her wanted to cancel her late night date, but another part of her wants to clear this up with him.

 

"Yongsun ah~" Eric enveloped Solar into his arms as usual and gave her a peck on the forehead. He was puzzled when he looked down and noticed her sad eyes and weak smile. "Is something wrong Babe?" Eric placed his hands on her shoulders and looked deeply into her eyes, trying to search for a hint. Solar's eyes welled up with tears as she tried to look him back in the eyes. "Hey..don't cry...what happened?" Eric's gentle voice made Solar cried even harder in his arms. As he pulled her closer, Eric brushed Solar's hair down her back. "Oppa..*sniffle*...Be honest with me...Are you planning to break up with me?" Solar's question caught Eric by surprise. For a moment, it did not register into his mind what her question was.

 

Tilting his head in confusion, Eric shook his head. "What made you think so? I love you more than anything. Silly, why would I break up with you? Come, let's talk in my room." Holding her hand, Eric guided Solar to his room where they sat on the bed facing each other. "But..you told the reporter that you are not planning to get married anytime soon after experiencing WGM right? This means you are not into being in a relationship isnt it?" Solar's puffy eyes looked at Eric as he cupped her cheeks in his hands. "No that isnt what I meant, silly girl. Yes, I dont deny that I'm not intending to get married anytime soon. BUT BUT that's because we are both at a stage in our careers where we are advancing different areas in this industry. I'm not confident to provide the ideal marriage life I wish I could for you. I just want us to enjoy our careers and when we are both at a stable height, we can settle down then. ...Silly girl, how could you assume that I was going to break up with you? I will never do that..." Pinching her nose as he finished, Eric smiled as he pulled Solar closer, resting her head on his chest. "Listen to this - my heart beats for you. Even if one day this heart stops beating, my love for you will never stop."

 

Solar smiled through her teary eyes as she glanced up at Eric. His gentle gaze as their eyes met, made her heart flutter. How crazy and silly of her to actually think too much and misunderstand his words. "Oppa, saranghae~" Solar slipped her arms around his waist and snuggle closer. "I love you too Kim Yongsun...more than you can ever imagine..." Eric's whisper made Solar's heart and mind be calm again...