Chapter 18: Post-candid-camera

Love behind-the-scene

Eric was still recovering from the shock that Solar and her best friend Eun-a as they walked towards the rice wine place Eun-a recommended in the Hongdae area. Noticing his zoneing-out expression, Solar cannot help but giggle as she held onto his arm. "Oppa~ are you alright?" She winked as she said. Throwing her a sideways stare, Eric pinched her nose. "How can you do this to me..." He whined, pouting like a sad puppy. Solar laughed out loud and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Better now?" Eric nodded and smiled.

 

Taking a seat in a quiet corner of the rice wine place, the couple snuggled close to each other as they slowly wait for their orders to arrive. "I would be starting my new hosting programme soon. For the next weeks, maybe I would not have much time to meet you..." Eric's voice trailed off as he observed Solar's reaction. She nodded quietly and slipped her hand into his. They both knew they would be having lesser time together as their schedules get more and more busy. "Idol groups will be the guests right?...Don't fall for the girl groups' aegyo ok?..." Solar looked up at Eric with her big eyes. There are more younger junior groups debuting, she cannot help but feel slightly threatened by their youth. Eric chuckled at her little request and gave her a peck on the forehead. "Ya..What kind of man do you think I am? Of course, I wont fall for them. My heart is filled with you.." Leaning on the crook of Eric's neck, Solar smiled as she heard his answer.

 

"So is MAMAMOO's new song MV ready yet? I cannot wait to listen to your voice." Eric's question caught Solar offguard as she choked on her drink. She has yet to let him know that there will be some apparent kiss scenes for each of them in the music video. RBW president protected them and made sure that the concept was only close-to-kissing and not real kissing. Noticing her sheepish look, Eric poked her cheek. "Is there something you did that I should prepare myself for before watching it?" Solar grinned and mouthed "Yes". "Ok...did you guys wear something revealing or tight?...Or is there some close interaction between you guys and the male character?" Eric could only think of a few possibilities. "Erm...our clothes were pretty safe, but for the concept with the male character, each of us filmed a different kind of angled-kissing scene..." Solar squeezed Eric's hand as she observed how he was reacting.

 

Eric pretended to look angry as he stared at her. Solar's eyes widen as he turn around and placed his arm on the wall behind her, closing the distance between their faces. Blushing as she felt his breath on her cheek, she tried to push him away. "Angled-kissing scene? So I supposed there was no real kissing? Poor guy, he is missing out alot..." Ending his sentence, Eric tilted his head and stole a quick peck on her lips. Pulling back slightly, he smiled at her before moving closer to kiss her gently. As he deepens the kiss, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Pulling apart, Eric smirked. "It's ok, I'm still the winner. You're mine." Punching his chest with her little fist, Solar giggled at his cheesy-ness. Eric ruffled her hair and pulled her into his arms. He was ok because work is work, Solar belongs to the stage, but Kim Yongsun belong to him...

.

.

.

.

.

.

The couple received their last red envelope from the WGM PDs on a Sunday afternoon. MAMAMOO was busy with their upcoming comeback prepartions while Eric was busy coordinating his songs with Timbaland as well as Tablo and Gallant. The couple had mixed feelings as they looked at the contents in the envelope. Line~ Eric's mobile phone screen popped up a notification from Solar. "Oppa, where are you? have you received it?" Solar recorded a voice message, unable to conceal the sadness in her voice.

 

Few hours later, Solar was at the doorstep of Eric's apartment. They have managed to squeeze out some time from their crazy schedules for a late night date. Trying her best to put on a smile, Solar looked at Eric as he opened his door. Eric closed the door before enveloping Solar into his arms. Although they knew this does not mean the end of their relationship, they still feel the sadness of the sudden news. Solar hid her face in his shoulders as she wrapped her arms around his waist tightly.

 

"Hey...It's ok..." Eric cupped Solar's cheeks as he noticed the tears welled up in her eyes. "We can still continue this even without the programme. We are not breaking up, you know..." With a sad smile on his face, he brushed away the tears rolling down her cheeks. Sniffing slightly, Solar tried her best to blink away the tears. "I feel silly crying like this, but it's just weird to not be able to see you as often anymore. I don't know what lies in the future for us..." Solar sighed as she leaned on Eric's chest. The warmth from him made her wish that she could just stay in his arms forever.

 

Holding onto her hand, Eric led Solar into his living room and made her sit at the couch. "Wait here for awhile ok?" Eric patted her cheek and walked into his room. After 10 minutes, a familiar melody started playing. Before she knew it, Eric came out with a small bouquet of flowers and knelt in front of her.

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night skies
Or a beautiful sunrise
There's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space, to do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting, to see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not and who I am

I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up, still looking up.

I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)

I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up

 

Solar smiled as tears flowed down. "Ya...Yoonddong, my face is so ruined right now." She was really touched by his voice and his efforts to make her happy. "You look beautiful to me, even with puffy eyes.." Eric laughed as he . Noticing a ring in the middle of the bouquet, Solar looked at Eric with a confused look. "Our virtual marriage rings will probably be kept after the programme ends. But this ring signifies a new stage in our relationship. We are not breaking up." Slipping the ring onto her finger, Eric smiled. Throwing her arms around him, Solar clinged onto him. This man is seriously driving her crazy, in the sweetest and most unexpected way...