Chapter 14: Meet my (crazy) friends

Love behind-the-scene

"Ddongi chestnut adventure success!" Solar beamed at Eric as they high-fived each other. As their car turned out of the chestnut farm, Eric's phone light up with a message notification - it was from Ailee. "Dear Mr Nam, are you out on a date with your Mrs Nam? Its been a looooooooooooonnnnng time since we last had a meetup. Are you guys free tonight? Amber and Kevin are hanging out at my place. Wanna join us?" Eric chuckled as Ailee finished the message with a selfie of the three of them with big innocent eyes. "Do you want to join them tonight? I have to warn you, they can be a crazy bunch." Eric handed his handphone to Solar as he continued to drive. Feeling slightly flustered, Solar did not know whether she should go for the meetup or not. Especially not when her hair is in a mess like right now. "Ok Oppa, let's go meet them then. But first thing first, can we go get changed and freshen up before we head over? I'm looking like a crazy woman right now." Eric smiled and nodded as he continue to drive back to their Ddongi home.

 

At the Ddongi house...

 

"Yoonddong~ do I look ok like this?" Solar twirled in front of Eric as he sat on the edge of their bed and waited for her to get ready. Glancing at her from top to toe repeatedly, he pretended to be a fashion designer looking at a new design. "Ah~~so how do i look?" Solar grabbed his arm and started to swing it left and right. Smiling at his nervous girl, Eric gave a thumb-up to her and a quick peck on her forehead to calm her down. "You shouldn't ask me such a question, you know you'll always look great to me" He whispered. A shy smile spread across Solar's face as she smacked his shoulder lightly. If these words were not from Eric's mouth, her fingers and toes would have cringed. But at this moment, she is loving it..

 

Ding Dong! The couple pressed the bell and waited for Ailee to come to the door. However, Amber's voice came through the intercom instead. "Welcome to Ailee's home. In order for the door to open, please kindly show us how much love you guys have for each other. Your cooperation would be deeply appreciated." Taken aback by the request, Eric and Solar looked at each other. They knew this was just the start of their crazy night. Plucking up her courage, Solar slipped her hands around Eric's waist and leaned closer. "Not enough~ One more chance!" This time it was Kevin, followed by hysterical laughter by the trio. Eric cupped Solar's cheeks in his hands and went for her lips, earning a shock reaction from the trio inside the house. Smiling to Solar and then turning to smirk at the camera, Eric shrugged as if it was nothing though his heart was racing.

 

"Welcome Mr and Mrs Nam~~!" Ailee finally opened the door to welcome the couple into her home. "Let's properly introduce ourselves - we are Eric's crazy friends Ailee Amber and Kevin!" The trio finished their introduction as if they were from an idol group. Solar giggled at their funny antics the entire evening as they played games and had chicken and beer as dinner. "Let's get the partay started~ Drop the beat! Go go!" Amber started playing some clubbing music like a DJ and the trio started to dance randomly as if they were at a club. Ailee grabbed Solar's hand to join in and soon, Solar was laughing her usual beagle way and enjoying herself. Eric smiled as he looked at her relaxing herself and dancing her heart out.

 

It was close to midnight when the couple left Ailee's home. Holding hands as they walked towards the main street, Eric cannot help but look at Solar under the dim moonlight. Solar stifled a yawn as she noticed him gazing at her. Suddenly, Eric stopped and walked in front of her and squat down. "Come on, i'll piggyback you. I don't want you to end up sleep walking." Solar was hesitant by his sudden offer but soon, rest her weight on his back. The warmth from his back was so comfortable that she fell asleep quickly. Grinning as he turned his head to look at a sleeping Solar, Eric walked down the street humming his song "Good for you" along the way...