Chapter 9: Miles apart

Love behind-the-scene

"Yoonddongseu~" Solar knocked the door and stood outside of Eric's apartment, today was the last day they would meet before he flies to Mongolia for the jungle show tomorrow morning. The gloomy weather was matching with her lousy mood right now. "Hey..You're here.." Eric sprang up from his couch as soon as he heard her voice and quickly opened his door to let her in. Without a word, Solar hugged Eric tightly, hiding her face in his shoulder. This was the first time she wished she could make him stay in Korea for her. If only he could be there to watch her very first concert.

 

Solar sighed and looked up at Eric as he gave her a sad smile and ruffled her hair. He knew how important this concert was for her but being a celebrity, they cannot choose their schedules. "Can I kidnap you for a few days?" She said as he held her hand and led her to his living room. Eric was packing his luggage for his Mongolia trip before she came. Looking at his luggage, Solar felt more reluctant to let him go for the trip. But she knew she should not be making him feel more guilty than he already was. Few days ago, Eric had gifted her and her members his sincerity through the little surprise presents he prepared for them. He really wanted to make up for not being able to attend their concert. "I would love to be kidnapped by you, you should know that very well.." Eric patted her cheek as she sat down beside him on the carpet.

 

"Are these enough for your trip? It's going to be very cold in Mongolia right?" Solar poked through Eric's luggage, she had to ensure that he was going there fully prepared for the harsh climate. The last thing she wanted, was him to fall sick. "Ta-da!" Solar took out heat packs and gloves from a paper bag and placed them into Eric's luggage. The jungle show had their own sponsors but she just wanted to give him something that would remind him of her even if they are miles apart. Eric laughed as he saw some sad face polaroid photos of her among the items. This girl sure has a beagle sense of humour..

 

It was close to 8pm when they finished packing his luggage for the trip and finished a quick dinner with spicy rice cake delivery. After lighting up a scented candle, Eric walked back to his bed where Solar was sitting and hugging one of his pillows. "Oppa~ can i take this pillow home for a few days till you're back? This pillow has your smell, it feels like you're just beside me when I hug it.." Solar blinked her big eyes at Eric, giving him an innocent look. Who could resist that seriously? Eric smiled and put aside the pillow. Opening his wardrobe, he searched through his usual home clothes and took out a Dumbo hoodie. "The pillow is too bulky my dear Yongsun, you can take this instead. You can wear it if you want too." Solar smiled and nodded..

 

The next morning at the airport...

 

Line~ Eric's phone popped up a LINE app notification. Surprisingly, it was a message from Solar. He knew that she did not have any early morning schedule for the day and was only due for her concert rehearsal later in the afternoon. "Oppa, good morning! You should be touched, hehe I actually set an alarm so that I can wake up and send you this message before you board your flight. I have recorded something in your phone, go search in your recordings but listen to it using your earphones ok?" Eric smiled at his mobile phone as he read her message, she had also sent a photo of her wearing his hoodie. This girl must have done the recording secretly yesterday night when he was showering.

 

Settling down in his flight seat, Eric finally had time to put on his ear phones to listen to Solar's recorded message. He was busy interacting with the other guests who would be featured in the same Mongolia episodes as he was. "Hi Yoonddongseu~ It's me Yongddong..Erm..This is my first time doing a secret recording so pardon me if some parts of it sounds like I'm talking nonsense..*Solar's signature laughter* Okok, getting back to the point. Thank you for the gifts you have prepared for me and the girls, we really love the gifts alot. I know it may seem like I was not especially touched in front of the cameras but honestly, I really am. I understand work is work and I know you did try to make arrangements to postpone your appearance to another episode in the show. It's ok that the production team could not make the last minute changes. As much as I wish you could be there at our concert and no doubt I was disappointed, I respect your work..Haha don't worry, I will send you photos of my performance dresses and a video of my solo performance from the full dress rehearsal this afternoon ok?..Anyways, take good care of yourself in Mongolia. Text me~! Oppa fighting! I'll miss you, Bbyong~" Eric sighed and smiled to himself. He was already beginning to miss her...