Chapter 10: Post-Moosical, Post-Mongolia

Love behind-the-scene

"Well done girls! You have worked hard for this, all your efforts have paid off! I'm so proud of all of you!" RBW CEO praised the beagle-dols as they ended their 2 day concert MOOSICAL. They have come a long way to debut as idols and work their way to become more known, expanding their fanbase. Although they are different from the usual girl group with cutesy songs, their vocals and performances are well appreciated by the public, spreading their fandom across all ages. Money invested in them is definitely worth every cent.

 

Solar absentmindedly bowed and smiled to the staff who had finished packing up and bid their farewell. She was anxious to switch on her phone to check for messages from Eric, who was currently in Mongolia. "Unnie, has Ric-hyung texted you? Remember to thank him for the flowers he have sent to congratulate us..." Wheein's voice trailed off as she noticed that their leader was not listening. Hwasa nudged her and dragged her off together with MoonByul to get changed for their celebration at the barbeque restaurant later. They knew Solar had been affected by Eric's absence but maintained her professionalism to deliver the best performance for their MOOMOOs.

 

Ding Dong~ A message notification rang on Solar's phone. She smiled as she saw the name - My Yoonddong. "Yongsun ah, your concert should be done by now right? Well done my girl, I'm sure your fans love all the performances you guys have painstakingly rehearse for. I know this road as a singer is not easy. Honestly I think I'm taking even longer to carve up my name despite debuting earlier than you guys. *Eric's signature laughter* Enjoy your singing as you have always been. Your passion always make me feel that I'm a lucky guy with an angel wife..Ok I can't believe I just said that, my fingers and toes are cringing now. Anyways, I'm lying under the sky full of stars. Wish you were here...I miss you.." Eric's voice message ended close to a whisper. Solar could feel her eyes are tearing up, her members knew her well but Eric somehow seem to be able to understand even the parts of her which her members do not. How she wish she could fly straight to him right now.

 

Smiling as she tried to blink her tears away, she pressed the record button. "Oppa~ I was just thinking of you, scolding you in my heart for not sending any message to me *Solar's giggling* We are going to celebrate the success of the concert later at the bbq restaurant you recommended to me that day. The concert was tiring but definitely worth it. Your turn will come soon I'm sure, maybe even at a larger scale. I have an American kpop star hubby remember? How i i wish i can see the stars with you...Take care of yourself, have fun. Send me some photos too...at least let me survive just by looking at your photos before you come back to me.. Haha don't cringe your fingers and toes, you know I miss you...bbyongbbyong~" Solar ended the voice message and sighed before sending a selfie of her looking pitiful, caption: Come back soon, I miss my Yoonddongi..

 

A few days later...

 

Eric opened the door of his apartment and dragged his luggage in. Mongolia was beautiful but life in jungle was super exhausting. Something seems different in his home. At that moment, he noticed a pink heart post-it near his coat rack. "Welcome back~" It was clearly Solar's handwriting. Suddenly Eric could feel his energy recharging. He looked around and saw yet another post-it on the ground followed by a trail of similar post-it. A smile spread across his face as he slowly picked them up one by one and read the messages on them. "It's been a long week isnt it?...I thought of this for very long...Open the cabinet on your right...This is the stack of polaroid photos I took for the past few days. Pretty right? Kekeke...You have worked hard. Good job...I never knew I could miss someone so much...Find me~" 

 

Eric walked around his home but there was no sight of Solar anywhere. "Where is she?" he thought to himself. Just then, the doorbell rang. "Delivery~" A familiar voice came through the intercom. Grinning to himself, Eric walked to his front door and opened it. There she was. "Yoonddongseu!" Solar bounced up and down the moment she saw Eric. She tied her hair in a high ponytail and was dressed in his hoodie and a skirt. Eric welcomed her with his arms spread open, enveloping her into his embrace. They stayed in each other's arms for a seemingly long time before Solar looked up at Eric and pointed to him that his door was still open. Sneaking a quick peck on her forehead, Eric closed his apartment door and brought her into his home.

 

"So you're the delivery good I'm supposed to receive?" Eric teased as they plopped down on his couch. "Am I not the best present for you?" Solar supported her own cheeks and leaned close to Eric. Pinching her chubby cheek gently, Eric cannot help but grin at her remark. The past few days he had many new experiences at Mongolia, made new friends, learnt new skills.. But nothing beats having Solar next to him. "Can I stay for the night please~? I wanna cook dinner together. I promise I will be good and try my best not to burn your kitchen." Solar pleaded with her big round eyes. Eric nodded and Ddongi's cooking time begins...

 

It was near midnight when they finished cooking-dinner-cleaning up-unpacking his luggage. Eric was exhausted from his past few days in Mongolia and his flight back to Korea. As Solar gave him a body massage, he drifted off to sleep. Noticing his slight snoring, Solar giggled silently to herself and gave him a soft peck on the cheek. Her eyelids began to feel heavy as she slowly ease herself next to him, resting her head on his arm. Sleeping next to each other, they found the comfort and security of the presence of the other party..