Chapter 5: Approval from Solar's mum

Love behind-the-scene

"Eomma~ you need to help me~" Solar plead to her mum as she followed her into the kitchen. She wanted to do a lunchbox for her date with Eric tomorrow. Her plan was to drive him to the folk museum, have lunch there and go to the pension she has booked for the night. Solar's mum smiled as she has never seen her daughter being so sweet to a guy. Of course, she will do whatever she can to help her daughter look good in front of Eric. Being an idol, dating is difficult. RBW may not have strict dating rules as per other companies, but their busy schedule makes them too tired to even think of getting into a relationship. Time was not on their side either.

 

"Ok, my dear Yongsun..Go get the ingredients for the kimbap from the refrigerator and we can start," Solar's mum knew her daughter's cooking skill was limited and that night, she stayed up together with her to ensure Eric would enjoy the food tomorrow. "Thank you Eomma~" Solar hugged her mum tightly after they placed the lid of the food containers on. She often shared with her mum how sweet Eric is treating her and knew her mum approved of Eric. A well-mannered guy is hard to come by these days.. 

 

After sending her beagle dongsaengs off from the pension, Solar was left alone with Eric. They both knew the filmiing crew would not leave unless they filmed the sleeptime scene. Looking at each other in their new pyjamas, it was definitely a slight tint of awkwardness but yet their hearts were warm. Solar received a heart as a reply from her mum after sending her the video thank-you message from Eric. Eomma's approval? Checked. It was not long after that the filming crew was satisfied by the amount of loveydovey scenes for the day and packed up to leave. Switching off the cameras, Eric lied back down on the bed. Now, they are really alone.

 

"Thank you for planning today. I really had loads of fun.." Eric whispered to her ear as he laid on his side to face her. He thought back and smiled as he remembered the back-hug they shared while riding the horse. "What are you thinking of? Your ears are obviously redder than just now.." Solar was glad everything turned out well, maybe even better than what she planned beforehand. Eric smiled and shook his head as he spread open his arms, welcoming her to come closer. Solar hit his chest and snuggled closer. "I'm glad that sisters-in-law came, that's all..." A cheeky grin spread across his face as he finished. Solar looked up at him and pinched his nose. They may have had private time together off-screen but today was the first time he actually gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Let's sleep..." Eric patted Solar's back gently as she slowly drift into dreamland...

 

"Yoonddongseu?..." Solar woke up to an empty bed. Sniffing the air, she smelt food. Tiptoeing her way down the stairs, Solar saw Eric dancing to the pop song he was playing on his song. He has not noticed that she was behind him. Slipping her slender arms around his waist, she rested her cheek on his shoulder. "What are you doing? This is too much, we should be doing this together.." Turning around, Eric smiled and placed his hands on her shoulders. "It's ok, I'll be done soon. Go wash up and get ready for breakfast alright?"

 

After washing up, Solar came back to the kitchen. Eric had already placed breakfast on the table and set the utensils nicely. "Oppa~ what is this? You are spoiling me.." Solar pouted as she sat down opposite him. Breakfast was good, or to be honest, any food tastes good when they eat together. If only they could do this everyday...