Chapter 27: Seollal

Love behind-the-scene

It was the eve of Seollal in Korea. The couple is busy preparing some simple dishes for their gathering tomorrow with Solar's parents. Seollal is Korean Lunar New Year, it is a good time for families to gather and celebrate. Eric has picked up Solar from her company after she has ended her schedule of the day and he himself has finished his. Wearing black winter coats and matching caps and masks, the couple went on their shopping spree at the supermarket near their Ddongi home. They have planned for a simple lunch with Solar's parents at Solar's home the next day and decided to bring over some handmade rice cakes as a gift.

 

"Oppa~ Taste this...Is it ok?" Solar looked on with anticipation as Eric test taste the rice cake she has made. Eric gave her a thumb-up sign and patted her cheek. His girl's culinary skills are definitely improving with time. "Eomma is a great cook, I wonder what she will think of my cooking." Solar said as she continued cooking. "Dont worry, our Yongddongi is getting better and better. How I wish I could see you cook in my kitchen everyday and eat together everyday.." Eric whispered into her ear as he slipped his arms around her waist to give her a back hug. "Sweet talker~" Solar dapped Eric's nose with flour as she smiled at his compliment. "Take this!" Eric counterattacked by rubbing his finger off her cheek, leaving a trail of flour on her. "Oppa!" Solar got distracted by his cheekiness and the couple started their flour attacks on each other for awhile until they stopped and laughed at their flour battle scars. "Okok, let's stop before we finish using all the flour." Eric grinned as he raised his arms up to surrender.

 

The couple cleaned up after they were done with their preparation for tomorrow's lunch. "Yongsun ah~ come here~" Eric opened his arms wide to gesture Solar to come over. Solar snuggled into his arms and sighed happily as she rested her head in the crook of his neck. Slipping her hand into his, Solar smiled as their fingers intertwined. "Oppa~ you know something? Sometimes it feels like we've known each other for very long.." Eric looked down at Solar as she said. Brushing her hair and tucking in behind her ear, Eric nodded. The couple has only been together for less than a year but somehow their chemistry surprises people around them and also themselves at times.

 

"Let's fill up our love diary. Give me a minute...Ok, let's see what question do we have here?..Ah ok, what would you like to do together as a couple? I think we should list down a few items like a checklist and try to complete as many as we can when we have our free time." Eric stretched out to take their love diary from their drawer and flipped open the book to where they last stopped. Solar nodded enthusiastically and the couple racked their brains together to create their very own Ddongi to-do list.

 

It will be busy for both of them but they hooked pinkies to promise each other to try their best to check off as many items as they can from their list...