Chapter 29: Be yourself, for that's whom I fall in love with

Love behind-the-scene

"Yoonddong!" Solar bounced into Eric's arms as he opened his apartment door for her. Her cheerful character never fails to bring a smile to Eric, even when he is exhausted by his busy schedule. "Oppa~ I read an article this morning..Ya... How could you say out that your last kiss was less than a week ago when you have not declared being attached to the public? Netizens may think my Yoonddong is a player or likes to go clubbing or kiss a stranger..." Solar gave a disapproving look as Eric led her to the living room couch. Lying on the pillow that Eric has placed on his lap, Solar looked up to Eric as he gave a cheeky grin.

 

"Why not? I did kiss someone within a week, didnt I?" His question caught Solar off-guard, causing her to blush and look away from him. "I don't know~ I don't know~ Ah! Stop Oppa stop! *Solar's hysterical laughter* Okok, I know who you kissed this week..." Sitting up, Solar held up her hands to stop Eric's tickling attack to her sides. "Anyway, how did your fans react to it? Are they ok?" Solar's concerned look made Eric's heart flutter. How did he even manage to find this lovable girl who is genuinely concerned and sincerely loving him? With a quick tug, Eric pulled Solar onto his lap and their eyes met. As they looked at their own reflection in each other's eyes, their hearts beat as one. Eric held her closer to him and tilted his head to meet his lips with hers. The kiss was intense as though they were fighting for dominance in this love relationship.

 

As they pulled apart breathless, a smile spread across their faces as they lean their foreheads together...

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Solar Unnie! Manager oppa is looking for you, he's in the meeting room with CEO." Hwasa popped her head into the practice room where Solar and Wheein were rehearsing their song for the upcoming concert. "Oh ok! Wheein ah, you go ahead without me alright?" Solar quickly walked to the meeting room where her manager and CEO were seated waiting for her. "Solar ah, we have good news for you.. You will be hosting together with Super Junior's Lee Teuk for this year GAON Chart K-pop Awards! Congrats!" Their wide smiles brought mixed emotions to Solar as she received the news. Of course she was delighted and honoured to be selected as the MC for the award ceremony and working together with Lee Teuk sunbaenim. Furthermore, it would be her first time debuting as a MC for an award ceremony. However, something inside her feels uneasy by the sudden news of this opportunity. "It's ok Yongsun ah, you have a great MC boyfriend to seek advice from. Yes, you can do this." Solar thought to herself as she smiled to her manager and CEO. As the responsible leader of MAMAMOO, she will definitely do her very best and not disappoint the expectations placed on her.

 

"Woah Unnie! Congrats!" Wheein, Hwasa and Moonbyul were hiding behind the door, waiting for their leader to leave the meeting room. The beagle-dols went hysterical and hugged her as if she has won an award. "Ya..Arent you guys supposed to be rehearsing in the practice rooms?" Solar smiled at her silly members as they jumped up and down around her. "Unnie~ we've been rehearsing hard for the entire afternoon. We're hungry, can we go get dinner now? We should celebrate this good news of yours too! Leggo~!" Wheein pouted like a puppy to get her way with her leader. A simple nod from Solar made the beagle-dols cheer as the four of them left for the meat restaurant they frequently go to.

 

Dinner was fun as the girls enjoyed their usual meat feast and some drinks. "Let's go~ It's late~ We still have rehearsals tomorrow morning." Moonbyul was dragging Wheein and Hwasa into their manager van as he waited for them outside the restaurant. Shaking his head as he gave a weak smile, he knows very well this group of girls that he is in charge of, can be really crazy when they play. "Solar, are you coming with us?" Solar shook her head and smiled in reply as she pointed to the other car that was parked behind the van. Eric waved to the manager and the girls as he came out of the car. "Alright, remember your rehearsal is 10am tomorrow ok? Eric, I'll leave her in your care." Manager Kim cannot help but nag as Eric led Solar to the car.

 

Solar slept as Eric drove back to their Ddongi home. Stopping at a red light, Eric turned to look at her and smiled. Taking her hand and giving it a light kiss, Eric continued the drive back with one hand on the steering wheel. "Yongsun ah~ We've reached. Let's go~" Eric patted Solar's cheek after parking the car and walking over to open the passenger door. Solar's eyes fluttered open as she looked at Eric with a dazed look. "You are making me want to kiss you right here right now, you know." Eric's words made Solar blushed and smacked his shoulder lightly. "Come on sleepyhead, leggo~" The couple held hands as they head back to their Ddongi apartment.

 

After a quick shower, Solar dressed herself in Eric's sweater and snuggled under the blanket covers next to him. "Oppa, I've been selected to be the MC together with Lee Teuk sunbaenim for this year's GAON Chart K-pop Awards. What should I do? This is my very first time hosting such a big event.." Giving a deep sigh as she finished her sentence, Solar lean her head in the crook of Eric's shoulder. Looking down to his girl, he could sense that she is feeling pressurised by the opportunity. But he knows she will definitely do well. "Dont give yourself too much pressure right from the start. Lee Teuk is a good host and I'm sure he will be a great partner to work with. Just go with the flow and stay calm even if sudden circumstances cropped up. Just remember to enjoy yourself just like when you are performing. The Kim Yongsun I love, is going to be a great host. I can bet 200% on this." Eric's words brought Solar a confidence booster as he gave her a quick peck on the forehead.

 

"Be yourself, for that's whom I fall in love with..." This is what lovers should always remember...