Chapter 23: Busy start of 2017

Love behind-the-scene

Ding-dong! Solar's phone popped up a notification while she was having a break in the dance studio. She has just finished the recording of her collaboration with EXID's Hani and f(x) Luna. With their new choreographer, the girls have been working hard at refining their dance steps. Wiping off her perspiration with the Squirtle towel she got from her fan, Solar smiled as she read the message. "How's dance practice for our Yongddongi? Remember to drink more water and don't get injured. Missing you! Bbyong~" As much as she is exhausted by the dance practice, Eric's sweet little gesture brings energy to her again.

 

"Solar~ Stop smiling to your phone like that. We're getting envious..." Hani winked as she teased the blushing MAMAMOO member who was typing a reply quickly. "Yea..You're so fortunate to find your love while working. How I wish I could find mine too.." Luna said as she plopped down beside the two of them. Solar cannot stop beaming, yes it is a un-deniable fact that she is fortunate to find such a great guy like Eric. "Let's continue! 1,2,3 Fighting!" The trio stood up and cheered for themselves before continuing to work on their dance steps.

 

In another studio...

 

Eric smiled and thanked the recording producer as he ended the recording of his new song. The song will be featured in SNSD member Seo Hyun's new solo album. This was the first time Eric has collaborated with her, as expected Seo Hyun was a hardworking and well-mannered girl. Recording was smooth as both singers are very focused in bringing out the best in their voices and put in extra efforts to complement each other. Tapping his phone, Eric chuckled when he saw Solar's reply. "Yoonddong~ I think I lost my chubby cheeks from all the dancing. Take a look..." Solar has sent a selfie with her and the girls, the silly trio in their cheeks to appear skinny-faced. Shaking his head at his beagle girl, Eric left the studio and drove towards SM Entertainment's dance studio. 

 

After popping by a fried chicken shop to get some for the girls, Eric hummed his way as he walked down the chilly streets of Seoul with a cap, sunglasses and a mask. "Oh my god! Solar, look who's here!" Hani exclaimed as she noticed the familiar figure standing at the dance studio entrance. Solar turned around and a wide smile spread across her face. "Oppa!...Why are you here?" Solar skipped towards Eric and slipped her hand into his. "Cos I miss you, of course..." Eric whispered into her ear, making her blush. He passed the fried chicken to Luna and Hani to share with the dance choreographers and background dancers. "I'm a smelly girl now~ We've been dancing for hours, I think my legs are going to break..." Solar whined softly as she pouted. Pinching her cheek, Eric leaned closer. "I think somebody lied just now, this familiar cheek still feels as chubby as I remember..." Winking as he spoke, Eric grinned as Solar gave him a light smack on his thigh.

 

That evening, Eric drove Solar back to their Ddongi house after her shower at SM Entertainment female lounge. She held onto his hand and slowly drift to dreamland as they cruised along the night streets. Stopping at a red light, Eric smiled as he turned and saw her fast asleep. He loves this very moment as his beloved girl sleeps soundly, her trust in him means a lot to him. After parking the car, Eric went over to the passenger seat door and unbuckled Solar's seatbelt. Carrying her slowly from the seat, Eric pulled Solar closer to him. "My poor Yongddong must be very tired.." Eric thought to himself as he carried her up to their bedroom and laid her gently down onto the bed, covering her with the blanket.

 

1 hour later...

 

"Hmm? When did we reach here?" Solar rubbed her eyes as she sat upright on the bed. Noticing Eric's coat on the end of the bed, Solar knew he must be busy cooking at the kitchen. "Our Yongddongi is awake huh? Go sit down, dinner will be served soon." Eric turned around to ruffle Solar's hair as he felt her slipping her slender arms around his waist. He has searched for the recipe for intestines soup especially for her so that he could cook her favourite food before she leaves for Japan in 2 days' time.

 

After finishing dinner and clearing up the kitchen Solar sat on Eric's lap and snuggled closer. Wrapping his arm around her, Eric looked down and patted her cheek. "Why do you look so down? Nervous for the Japan showcase and fanmeet?" Solar nodded, nobody knows her as well as Eric does. It is amazing how he can guess everything correctly just by looking at her expressions and actions. "Dont worry, you guys will do well as usual. Besides, I'm sure your fans will be delighted to see you guys. Just be yourself and have fun with the fans. They love you..well, ok definitely not more than I do.." Eric winked as he made Solar smile with his cheesy confession...

 

In Japan...

 

"I say..MAMA..MAMAMOO~Hi We're MAMAMOO!" MAMAMOO greeted their Japanese fans with their usual harmonization at the start of the Japanese fan-meet. The beagle-dols put on their best performance as per everytime and had a blast with their fans. Back at the hotel, the girls had finally finished their schedules for this Japan trip. It was a good exposure experience for them as they reached out to their fans out of Korea. "Solar Unnie! There's a floral bouquet for you~" Wheein bounced into the room after her manager passed it to her. Solar was surprised because not many of their fans knew which hotel they were staying at. "Is it from a fan?" Hwasa peeped from behind Solar's shoulder. "Oohh...It's from Ric-hyung~" Hwasa spotted Eric's name in the card tied to the ribbon. A wide grin spread across Solar's face as her members . The nation's boyfriend has done it again, making her heart flutter with his sweet thoughtfulness.

 

That night, Solar was alone in her room as Moonbyul, Hwasa and Wheein went out for some late night supper. Tapping to her contacts, Solar scrolled to 'Him' and tried to videocall. "Ddongddongi~" Eric's smiley face appeared on her phone screen after a few rings. "Yoonddongseu, what are you doing now?" Solar laid down on her pillow as she smiled. "I just got back home. So have you received something from me?" Eric's cheeky face made Solar laughed out as she nodded. "You're my best stalker~ I think I can never get out of your radar...Of course, we have the Ddongi connection. Wherever you may be, I'll make you feel like I'm right beside with you.."

 

Though miles apart, their love grows...