Chapter 30: Apart and a part

Love behind-the-scene

"Yongsun ah~ come here~" Eric lazes on the couch in the Ddongi home while calling out to Solar who was busy upstairs cleaning up their bedroom. Its been quite awhile since the couple has met up in their home. Both of them have been very busy with their respective schedules - Eric's collaborations and hosting in variety shows, Solar's MAMAMOO MOOSICALs, hosting opportunity for the award show. Nevertheless, the couple never fails to cheer on each other despite being apart.

 

"Coming~" Yongsun skips down the stairs and plop down on the couch beside Eric. Eric smiles as he brushes a loose strand of hair away from her face and tucks it behind her ear. "I'm impressed by your housewife abilities, Ms Kim Yongsun. Come here~" He pulls her onto his lap and wraps his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. "Ya...what housewife ability do I have?" Solar blushes at his comment and smack his shoulder lightly.

 

Solar knows that Eric has been frustrated by some issues at work lately and is caught in the controversy of posting something negative about his company on social media few days back. Though she was concerned about it, she did not probe him about it and decided to let him just sort things out. If he wants to talk to her about it, he will naturally find a chance to raise the topic. Eric sighs slightly, making Solar turn around to look at him. He smiles when their eyes met, shaking his head to gesture that it is nothing.

 

"Oppa, let's order jajangmyeon and tangsukyuk for lunch. I'm hungry~" Solar hardly shows her aegyo in front of Eric but decides to be extra sweet to him today. He nods and makes the call for the delivery. Ding-dong! The doorbell rang after 30minutes, their lunch is here! Solar bounces off the couch and opens to accept the delivery. The couple makes themselves comfortable in the living room and enjoyed their lunch together. Although the meal is a simple one, they enjoyed the company of each other. It is rare for them to have time for each other, so every moment together is well cherished.

 

Eric lets Solar listen to his collaboration with Jeon So Mi and an idea springs up in Solar's mind. "Our Yoonddongi sounds so sweet and looks so sweet in the MV with Jeon So Mi-ssi..." She pouts and makes a sad expression, sitting some distance away from him. "Aigoo~ is our Yongddong jealous? I smell something sour~" Eric plays along with her jealousy attempt, chuckling at her pouting lips.

 

"You know the girls out there mean nothing to me, but YOU mean everything to me..." Eric whispers into Solar's ear, his breath tickling her as he speaks. "Oppa, that's so cheesy! See, my fingers and toes are all cringing." Solar shows her hands and feets to him while having her signature ugly expression. Eric laughed out loud at his silly girl, wrapping his arms around her. As their eyes met, the couple stopped their silly antics and smile sweetly at each other as they lean closer and closer.

 

Their lips met and a slow battle with the couple begins as they tries to dominate the kiss. Pulling apart breathless, Solar blushes and hides her face in Eric's arms. "Why? Is my Yongddong shy after not kissing for quite some time?" Eric teases her as he tries to lift up her chin. Solar nods shyly and snuggles closer to him. A wide smile spread across Eric's face as he tightens his embrace around his girl.

 

"You know, there are so many times I wish I could just run to your dorm and meet you. But I know you are tired and I'm only free at the weirdest timing in the wee hours of the day. I miss you so much Yongsun ah, do you know that?" Eric's sudden confession made Solar have mixed emotions, she was touched by his honesty but also sad at the same time that they cannot do anything to change this. This is just the fate of celebrities. "Oppa~ I miss you too...more that you can imagine..." Solar whispered her reply as she leans closer and listens to his heartbeat. "Ya...dont cry...*Eric's signature laughter* you will ruin your makeup..." He brushes a tear that trickled down Solar's cheek as she bows down her head, crying and laughing at the same time. "Only you can do this to me, make me cry and laugh at the same time..."

 

The couple stay in that position for a good long time, enjoying the silence in their home with just each other's company. This was enough for them now...