Chapter 16: Dubai - special memories just for us

Love behind-the-scene

"Yay~ We are finally here!" Solar skipped happily as they reached their destination after a long flight - Dubai. Eric grinned as he looked onto his excited wife. Looking at each other's eyes, they knew what the other party wanted to say. "In Dubai~" They sanged in unison of their little joke. The weather in Dubai was bright and sunny as expected. After the filming crew set up the cameras in the van, the couple were left alone in their van with their luggages while the filming crew took another van. It was a nice arrangement for the couple so that they can be at ease since it was just the two of them in the van.

 

Looking outside the window at the passing scenery, Solar was in awe. Dubai is indeed a very established city among the desert. Eric was being a personal tourguide as this was not his first time to the country. Eric leaned onto Solar's shoulder as they travelled to their first attraction of the day - Burj Khalifa, the megatall skyscraper in Dubai. It is the tallest structure in the world, standing at 829.8 metres. Solar turned to smile at him and patted his cheek with her hand. "Burj Khalifa~ Can you hear me? Burj Khalifa~" Solar's beagle vibes radiated at 148th storey as she bounced around and stared in awe at the majestic view in front of them. Chuckling as he observed her having fun by herself, Eric snapped a photo of Solar without her noticing. As it was still early, they were the only visitors there.

 

"Yoonddongseu~ let's take photos here!" Solar found a private corner and ideas came to her mind. Before the filming crew knew it, the couple was happily doing all sorts of funny poses and expressions. Their craziness was totally in sync. Holding onto Eric's arm, Solar beamed up at him. This trip to Dubai was definitely going to be super fun and memorable. Off to their 2nd location~

 

At the traditional market...

 

The moment they stepped into the traditional market, exotic scents and colorful fabrics greeted them. Dubai was full of its own culture and heritage - from spices to traditional clothes. Solar, being the pretty face, was fresh to the men of Dubai. Many looked at her as her beauty was different from what they usually see. Noticing the stares from the men they walked past, Eric rested his arm on her shoulders and pulled slightly closer. Solar looked up at Eric and blinked innocently as she was oblivious to what was happening. "Nothing.." Eric whispered to her with a smile. "Let's go here.." He said as he led her to a stall with traditional cloth. Their chemistry made it easy for them to clinch the deal at a bargain. Observing Solar as the stall owner wrapped the white cloth around her head using the traditional Dubai method, Eric cannot help but smile. It was yet another moment of her making him fall in love again.

 

"Oppa, here here~!" Solar gestured for Eric to enter a traditional clothing and shoes stall. The variety of colours and designs made it so difficult for the couple to decide. Luckily for them, the sales person took the initiative to suggest the suitable ones for them to try. Eric was busy staring at Solar behind his sunglasses as the sales person helped her try on the traditional Dubai woman clothes. The black and gold combination made her fair skin stand out even more than usual. Eric's ears turned red as the beauty in Solar made his heart skipped a beat. In the end, considering that they would not be wearing the traditional clothes, the couple opted to purchase some shoes as souvenirs to decorate their Ddongi home.

 

The couple held hands as they walked towards the restaurant where reservations has been made for them, upon Eric' s suggestion. The PDs have contacted him for suggestions to the itinerary in Dubai as they were aware that he have been here before. "Wow...Thank you.." was all Solar could say, the full course lunch left her in awe. Dubai was indeed a place full of surprises and luxury. After finishing the sumptuous meal, Eric and Solar took a short break and decided to take a stroll while waiting for the filming crew to finish their lunch.

 

"Oppa~" Solar snuggled closer to Eric and leaned her head on his shoulder. Looking down at their interlaced fingers, she felt a gush of happiness. She was thankful that they had won this trip and they can have some private time together for a few days. "Hmm?" Eric looked down and smiled as he observed closely at her dimple smile and fluttering eyelashes. Shaking her head, Solar smiled shyly as Eric pulled her close. "You know, of all the trips that I have gone to for this year, this is one of the best. Can't believe we are actually on a trip together like this..." Eric ruffled her hair as he said..

.

.

.

.

.

"Oh! Wow~!..You're best driver!" Solar exclaimed excitedly as their car sped through the endless sandy humps in the desert. The driver chuckled at her compliment and droved even faster than before. It was quite rare for him to be complimented by his passengers. As the sun began to set, the driver stopped at a good spot for the couple to capture the sunset. Solar and Eric planned to have wedding photos captured at the desert before setting off for this trip so out came the bouquet, the bow tie and the flower headband. This time round, they were definitely more comfortable at posing intimately for the camera than the first time they had their selca wedding photos taken. As the filming crew and the driver walked back to their respective cars, Eric sneaked a quick peck on Solar's cheek, earning a light smack on the shoulder from her as she blushed at his sudden skinship. Off they went for their dinner and of course the crazy spinning and belly dancing by the couple. Being the observant one as usual, Eric observed as Solar had her dinner. "Dubai food doesnt seem to suit her tastebuds..Time for my surprise later then.." he thought to himself...

 

As the last part of their itinerary, the couple was brought to check-in into their hotel for the next 2 nights at Palm Jumeirah. Placing their luggage in the allocated rooms, the couple changed into couple PJs. This time it was not awkward but more of heart-fluttering when they looked at each other in their PJs. "You are driving me crazy~" Solar hit her fist on Eric's arm as he brought the instant korean food he has prepared. His little event made her smile uncontrollably, it amazed her how this guy can actually observe such details and take such great care of her. If they were alone, she would have thrown her arms around him and gave him a hug. But no, that would be too embarrassing and finger-cringing+toe-cringing in front of the cameras. She would leave it for later then.

 

"Goodnight everyone~" The couple bowed as the filming crew left to rest for the day. Switching off the cameras was always a happy task for the couple as this means privacy for them. Slipping under the blanket, Eric patted the space beside him, gesturing for Solar to come next to him. Climbing onto the bed, Solar rested her head on his arm. "Oppa, did you really mean what you said just now?...Of course, I meant what I said to you. I always do.." Eric pinched her cheek, he knew what she was asking. The words came to him naturally, thanking her for marrying him...