Chapter 3: Home for us

Love behind-the-scene

It was the night before Eric and Solar shift into their new home. "Ddongi Ddongi~ what would you be bringing to the new house?" Eric asked over the phone as he starts packing some stuff into a box. "I'll bring my favourite soft toy over, as for the rest, it's a secret." Solar giggled as she hugged her Moo soft toy. Both of them could not hide their excitement, wishing tomorrow will come faster. 

 

The next day...

 

As Solar had to go for a recording, the couple's date had to end early. "Text me when you reach the broadcasting station alright? Drive safely.." Eric was reluctant to let her leave. Solar laughed and waved bye to him from the front passenger as he chased her company van. "What should I cook for her? I should get her something special. Maybe I can plan a meaningful proposal for her..." Eric thought to himself as he left the neighbourhood of their new home. 

 

Later that night, Eric was out chilling with his brother Eddie when they chanced upon an accessory shop. "Hyung, I'm gonna take a video for evidence!" his brother Eddie whipped out his phone and enthusiastically act like a professional cameraman as Eric went through the range of rings available in the display cabinets. A pair of rings caught his eyes. Those are just the right ones for Solar - something subtle, something unique. 

 

Few days later at the Ddongi house...

 

After they finish the busking wedding ceremony, Eric and Solar headed back to their home. "Does it fit nicely?" Eric smiled as he looked at Solar's small hands. He has finally put a ring around her finger. It was nervewrecking to prepare for the proposal. Seeing her smile sweetly and laught heartily at his proposal, Eric felt that all the efforts were worth it. Their wedding preparation and ceremony were fun and definitely one of their best memories together. Solar looked at him and nodded with a shy smile. "Thank you.." Solar walked towards Eric and wrapped her arms around his waist while resting her head on his chest. Eric was surprised by her sudden skinship. Feeling the warmth from her petite frame, Eric pulled her closer and kiss the top of her head. "No, I should thank you for accepting my proposal.."

 

Warmth from their love filled the house and their beating hearts...