Chapter 17: Rise and shine (Dubai - part 2)

Love behind-the-scene

As the morning sun brightened the Ddongi couple's Dubai luxury suite, Eric woke up earlier than Solar as usual. The itinerary yesterday was tiring but fun. Counting his blessings, he cannot wait for what was planned for them today - a date to the theme park and a yacht date all till late tonight. Looking down on his sleeping wife, Eric bent down to kiss on her forehead and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Solar's eyes fluttered open as she felt the kiss. Smiling sweetly to Eric, Solar snuggled closer to him. Although they have spent time overnight several times, this was the first time they could do things slow and enjoy each other's company early in the morning. She would not mind doing this everyday...

 

"Yongsun ah~ wake up..." Eric whispered into her ear as he held her close. Solar shook her head and hid her face in his chest. Grinning at how adorable she is, Eric started to tickle her. Squeals filled the room as the couple had their sweet little moment. "Okok Oppa...Let's go freshen up.." Solar surrendered, Eric knew very well the way to make her wake up. Looking at each other's reflection as they brushed their teeth, the couple cannot help but smile. This really felt like marriage life - heart fluttering moments starting from the moment you open your eyes. As he waited for Solar to finish her make-up, Eric observed intently at how beautiful she is, with or without make-up. "Yoonddong, stop staring at me..." Solar blushed as she combed through her hair. His gaze made her little heart race faster.

 

Holding onto Eric's arm, Solar skipped the way to the hotel restaurant. This is one of her favourite part of staying in a hotel: breakfast buffet! Having Eric around always make her feel fortunate, she would not need to worry about language barriers as her capable husband spoke fluently in English. After a hearty breakfast, the couple strolled along the man-made trails outside the hotel. The bright sun blinded her temporarily but no worries because Eric is here. Shading her eyes from the sunlight, Eric guided her as they explore the trail. The filming crew went off to get ready for their itinerary of the day.

 

"Don't you love me?" Eric pretended to look hurt as he pouted at Solar. Giggling at his expression, Solar knew very well why he asked such a question. It was too embarrassing for her to declare her love for him openly in front of the cameras. So despite him shouting "I love you" in Korean as they walked along the trail, she could not reply the same to him but simply laughed it off. Poking his cheek, Solar stuck out her tongue at him. "What do you think? Do you think I love you?" Eric shook his head like a disappointed little boy, stealing glances at her. "My oppa is so cute~" Solar cooed as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I love you more than you know..." She whispered as she leaned close to him. Ears turning red, a smile spread across Eric's face. This answer is way better than what he was expecting to hear...

 

"Alrights, so we will see you guys at the entrance of the theme park after 4 hours ok?" The PD and the other crew members would not be joining them in the theme park due to budget reasons. Equipped with just a simple camera, the couple started their selca theme park date. They went through the easy kiddo rides to the scare-the--out-of-you rides. Last stop of the date: the haunted house. Solar was reluctantly dragging her feet towards the haunted house but she knew it should be fine since Eric is by her side. "Don't worry Yongsun, I'll be here beside you." Eric patted her hands as she held onto his arm tightly. Off they went into the haunted house. Honestly, Eric was not a fan of haunted houses either but being on a date, this was one of the best places for guys to show their courage to their girls.

 

Solar's screams filled the haunted house as they walked slowly through the dangling decorations in the pitch-dark house. The random grabbing of their ankles by the theme park staff and the occasional popping out of scary props scared the daylights out of them. Trying his best not to flinch at the scary stuff, Eric held Solar close to him. Many times they had to stop as Solar refused to walk further and clinged onto Eric like a frightened little girl. Wrapping his arms around her, Eric brushed her hair with his fingers and patted her head to calm her down. "It's ok, I'm here, remember?" Solar nodded to Eric's words and finally they managed to go through the scary attraction.

 

The couple were brought to the marina where they boarded the yacht for their date. As they took a short break from filming, the couple laid quietly beside each other in the bedroom. Solar rest her head on Eric's arm and placed her hand in his. She has always love the way their hands fit nicely to each other, fingers interlacing. Sudden propping himself up with his elbow, Eric switched position and leaned his weight on his arm. Their faces were just an inch away from each other. Solar's eyes widened by this sudden change in position. Flustered as her heart raced faster, she quickly shut her eyes as he slowly moved closer to her. "What do you think I'm going to do?" Chuckling at her shy expression, Eric pinched her nose. Peeping as she opened one of her eyes, the mischievious grin on Eric's face made her smacked him on his arm. How dare he make her heart flutter like this and not do anything? As Solar tried to sit up, Eric's gaze changed. Pushing her back down onto the bed, Eric's lips landed straight on hers. The kiss is sweet and passionate...

 

The yacht date went on with the couple enjoying the upgraded version of Solar's ketchup fried rice, the singing and dancing to songs which had their shared memories. The night view of Dubai is simply marvellous - skyscrapers surrounding traditional buildings, luxurious designs everywhere. As the fountain show ended, the couple could not help but feel slightly reluctant to leave. This marks the end of their Dubai journey, short as it may seem, the memories they created together would always be in an irreplaceable part of their hearts. "Yoonddongseu..." Solar wrapped her arms around Eric's waist after the filming crew. They have requested for some private time as they walked towards the private beach of the hotel. Under the night sky, the couple held each other close. Dubai has been like an escape trip from their hectic schedules. They both knew this trip would probably suggest a soon-to-be end of their virtual marriage life which means that they would have lesser time to meet. Furthermore, with their developing careers, time would be difficult to arrange. This would be an obstacle they have to work together to overcome.

 

"You know, this trip means alot to me. I love how I could enjoy the many places with you and waking up next to you in the mornings. This is like a dream I wish I could repeat every night. Looking back from where we started off, I'm really glad I found you.." Eric's confession made Solar blush under the night sky. As their eyes met, the couple fell silent and simply smile at each other. They knew this feeling is definitely mutual...