Chapter 6: Jeju - just the two of us

Love behind-the-scene

It was the night of their Jeju trip, they had a long day while completing the mission given by the PDs. Being with each other is and has always been fun. Eric had to do some videoconference meeting that night with a USA producer so he headed off to the room next room in order not to disturb Solar's sleep. Solar was starting to feel a little unwell after they came back from the swimming pool, but did not want to worry Eric as she knew it was an important step of his career to develop music in the States. Curling up under the blanket, Solar began to shiver and was breaking out in sweat. Her head was throbbing, she simply could not get to sleep.

 

"Yongsun ah?" Eric whispered as he pushed the door open to check if she was asleep. It was already 1am when he finished the videoconference meeting. As he tiptoed closer to the bed, Eric realised something was amiss. "Yongsun ah, are you ok?..Oh my god, you're having a fever. Why didn't you call me?.." Eric placed his hand on her forehead, he was getting really worried. Solar was delirous from the fever and mumbled a weak reply which he could not hear.

 

"Hi, is there an in-house doctor in the resort or any 24-hour clinic nearby?..Ah, they are only open from 9am in the morning..Ok thank you very much.." Eric was stuck with a sick Solar until the next morning. Keeping calm, he went through his luggage to find the paracetamol tablets he has packed for emergencies. This should help a litle before they can consult a doctor in a few hours' time.

 

Eric managed to help Solar sit up and made sure she took the tablets. Leaning her head on his shoulder, she smiled weakly as she looked up at him. "Don't worry...I will be fine...Don't frown, i like it when you smile.." Solar whispered. Eric smiled and shook his head, tucking Solar back under the blanket. "How can I not be worried? You don't know how important you are to me, do you?" He replied as he cupped her cheek and it with his thumb. Despite her throbbing head, Solar could hear Eric's words clearly. This man is the only one, besides her dad, who will look at her with such love in the eyes. Being the leader of her group, she has always been the one responsible of her members. Even when she is unwell, she tries her best to not make them worry and continues to shine on stage as per normal. At this moment, tears welled up in her eyes. These tears are of happiness and of the accumulated stress she has been under.

 

"Yongsun ah, what's the matter?" It was dark in the room, Eric could felt his shoulder getting damp from her tears. "Its ok, I think its just the fever that's making me a little crazy.." Solar tried to joke. Eric was aware of the stress she has been under, she always has high expectations of herself and push herself, sometimes a little too hard, to achieve them. She felt responsible of herself and her members. Receiving the love from their fans made her work even harder so as to not disappoint them. Eric pulled her closer into his arms as she sobbed quietly in the dark. He was not going to probe her further, he understood her and knew this was not a good time to make her talk. Eric patted her back as her sobs became lesser and gradually all he could hear was her light breathing...

 

That night in Jeju, their love deepens as they realised how precious the other party was to themselves..