Chapter 21: End year award ceremonies

Love behind-the-scene

Ding-dong! Eric's phone popped up a voice message notification from Solar: "Oppa~ Sorry I wont be going for the MAMA awards, our schedule for SNL Korea and other performances will clash with it. We wont have enough time to fly back from HongKong to attend these schedules and one of the stylist unnies said that she overheard our CEO talking over the phone with MAMA official personnel and then with our manager. She said that they were talking about us not winning any awards this year or something of that sort. So there's no point us rushing over and then rushing back at night...Sorrie~I'll see you when you come back on Saturday ok? Bbyong~" Accompanying the voice message, came a selfie of her with her squeezing her cheeks together.

 

Eric chuckled as he looked at her photo. He was already in Hong Kong getting ready for his rehearsal with his brother Eddie. "Hyung, stop smiling at your phone like this. I'm getting envious man, my girl is so much further away than Solar..." Eddie punched his brother's shoulder as he smiled. He was glad that his eldest brother has someone to call his own. Life away from family is tough but fortunately, Eric found Solar. "Cant help myself man, she's damn cute.." Eric smiled as he showed his phone to Eddie. "Hey, stop it man, I'm getting goosebumps.." Eddie pretended to shuddle from Eric's cheesy remark. "You're just jealous~~ Come on, let's go down. Rehearsal time!" Eric whistled as they made their way down to meet Eric's manager to go over the venue for MAMA awards rehearsal.

 

Late that night, Eric was alone in his room. He was done with the rehearsal and also the filming of the music video for his collaboration with Tablo and Gallant. This year was an eventful year with the progress he has made for his career and of course meeting the love of his life. Tapping to his contacts, he attempted to make a video call. Solar's cheerful face appeared on his phone screen after a few rings. "Yoonddongseu~! Are you back in your room? Have you taken your dinner?" Eric smiled and shook his head, pointing his screen lower to film the hotel room service he has ordered. "Ya..why are you eating so late? Hmph..." Solar puffed her cheeks to show her disapproval of his busy schedule which made him eat meals at weird hours. "Don't worry I had some light snacks in between. So how's the SNL filming?..." The couple chatted till late that night about their day. With their crazy schedules for the last month of the year, they hardly have time to rest or meet. Thank God for the people who created video calling functions...

.

.

.

.

.

After finishing his SK-II pop-up store event at Gangnam station, Eric was in his manager's van while watching SNL Korea. Yesterday was a great experience for him to perform his collaboration song with Timbaland on MAMA awards ceremony. Although he was slightly disappointed that he missed the chance of getting an award, he had a fun time catching up with other singers. As he searched for Solar's clips on youtube, he paused at the one which she was the 3 minute girlfriend. He laughed at her cute acting as these were different sides of her that he has never seen before. This was his chance to about it. "Yongsun ah, I see you have found a new guy when I'm not around, I give you two my blessings.." He recorded a voice message in a whisper and tried to sound as sad as he could be. Less than a minute, his phone started to vibrate from an incoming call. "Oppa~ that's just work. Work, work~ You know that's all acting right?..." Eric stifled his laughter and managed to stay silent on his end of the call. "Ah~ Oppa~ Don't ignore me...I know you are listening to me...Come back home soon? I'm waiting for you here..." Eric mumbled a reply and hanged up on her as his manager turned into his neighbourhood. He could imagine Solar staring at her phone after he hanged up on her. She must be panicking by his sudden tantrum.

 

Tapping the code on his front door, Eric opened his door slowly. Quick footsteps approached him and before he knew it, his girl threw herself into his arms and wrapped her arms tightly around his waist. Solar leaned her head in the crook of his neck as he closed the door. "Yoonddongseu~ Don't be angry...It's just work..I miss..." Eric cut her sentence short as he planted his lips on hers. Separation brought overwhelming emotions to the couple as they deepened the kiss. Pushing Solar against the wall, Eric leaned in as he cupped her cheek in one hand while the other wrapped tightly around her waist. As they pulled away from each other breathless, their eyes met and smiles spread across their faces. "Ya...So you were pretending to be angry huh? You got me so worried, do you know?..." Solar pouted and circled one of her finger on Eric's arm. "It's fun to see you react to my jealousy..." Eric replied with a smirk as he pinched her nose, earning a smack on his shoulder from her. "Anyway~ I'm Chef Kim for the day~ I made spicy rice cakes and kimchi soup!" Solar held Eric's hand and pulled him to the kitchen...

 

After the couple finished the food, they lazed on the couch. "Wow, I'm impressed, Chef Kim." Eric gave Solar a thumb-up and patted her cheek for the effort she has put in to make a nice hot meal for him. "Anyway, would you be able to attend the MBC Entertainment Awards with me?" Eric's eyes looked at Solar with anticipation as he waited for her reply. "I was just about to talk to you about that actually...I will be performing at KBS that night, so..." Solar's voice trailed off as she gave him a guilty smile. Ruffling her hair, Eric nodded. "It's ok, I understand. We can always see each other another time..." He tried hard to conceal his disappointment, he really wanted to walk down the red carpet with his beautiful girl. Solar snuggled close and placed her head on his chest. Time is not on their side, but it is fine as long as they have each other in their hearts...

.

.

.

.

.

After finishing their performance for the KBS end year song festival, Solar ran back to MAMAMOO's backstage room to get changed. It was a white lie on her part, yes she would not be able to walk down the red carpet for MBC entertainment awards ceremony with Eric, BUT she WILL be attending it. This is  her little secret/surprise for him. Rushing as she changed to a white dress and her stylist unnie quickly restyled her hair and makeup, Solar managed to get prepared within 10 minutes and ran off to the carpark with her manager. Catching her breath in the van, Solar took one last check of her hair and make up. Smiling to her own reflection, she cannot wait to see Eric's reaction later when he sees her...

 

"Sola.." Seho stood up to let Solar passed as he saw her walk closer to where the WGM couples were sitting. Placing a finger on her lips, Solar smiled at him as she slowly walked to Eric who was looking down at his phone. Nodding with a smile, he knew what she meant. "Oppa.." Solar whispered into Eric's ear as she bent down to look at him. Jumping slightly on his chair, Eric turned around with a startled expression. "I thought you werent coming?...I didnt say that~ I only said I was performing at KBS, you assumed I wont be here~" Solar gave him a cheeky look and winked as she took the seat beside him. A wide grin spreaded across Eric's face - this was the best thing that happened to him this evening. To be honest, he was getting slightly bored and feeling lonely as he was the only one without his female partner.

.

.

.

.

.

Eric and Solar laughed as they made their way down the stage after accepting the Best Couple Award and giving their thankyou speeches. "Oh my god, I cant believe we actually won!" Solar could not hide her excitement as she linked her arm into his. "All thanks to you..." Eric whispered as he leaned close. Solar blushed at his remark and clinged closer to his arm as he walked her to her manager's van. "So I'll see you later ok?" Solar gave Eric a quick peck on his cheek after nodding to his question. Waving as he saw her van turned out the carpark, Eric made his way back alone to the sitting area as Solar had to go back to her members to finish up the finale for the KBS show. "Oh wells, at least we were together for awhile and won the couple award." Eric shrugged and thought to himself...