Chapter 7

Blood, Sweat & Tears

Hime POV

"I never auditioned." Thud! We all looked at the door. Jungkook went to take a look at the hallway. He turned to us and shrugged.

"So, you never auditioned?" SooRi asked. I nodded in confirmation. Everyone looked at each other unsure.

"Really?" Nari interrogated. I nodded.

"Can you even do that?" Areum questioned.

"I don't know. One day I just received the letter of acceptance." I stated with a shrug.

Everyone looked at each other again.

"So, you sure it's you?" BB asked.

I nodded. "It was sent to my aunt's address. My aunt does not have any children. We don't know anyone else named Hime."

"How did you get in then?" Sarang wondered. Everyone was confused. Honestly, I, myself, was confused.

"I don't know. I really don't." I denied.

Suga POV

Lunch time came around and the girls decided to come sit with us. Hime was the last to sit down and sat next to me. She looked at me and smiled that beautiful smile of hers. I couldn't look away from her lips. They're so beautiful and red. They look soft too.

"Suga. Are you ok?" She asked.

"Um, yeah." I nodded. She cupped my face and turned me to her.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"No." I replied and cupped her face and kissed her. She was taken back. "W-wait. Suga."

"Suga!" I snapped back to my senses. "Are you ok?" She asked again, her hands still cupping my face.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Are you sure?" She asked with a small laugh. I nodded and she let go of me. I caught BTS staring at me. "What?"

"Nothing." They said and started eating.

[Next day]

Hime POV

We walked to class normally like every other day but people kept whispering to each other and looking at us.

"Are they still not over the fact that we're friends now?" Nari asked.

"Can't be. It's been like a little over a week." Areum stated. We all looked at each other and just shrugged. Everyone seems to be gossiping about something.

"Hime!" A group of girls called out to me during lunch time.

I turned around. "Yes?" I answered.

"Come with us." They said and walked away. I looked at the girls. We all shrugged and followed them to the back of the school where it was isolated.

"Yah, is it true?" Girl A asked.

"Is what true?" I said confused.

"Don't act stupid!" Girl B shouted.

"You didn't audition and got accepted here in Seungri." Girl A clarified.

"That's true." I confirmed. The girls scoffed.

"Yah." Girl C pushed my shoulder. Yuri and BB pushed the girl back and I held their hands stopping them. "Did your parents bribe the directors or something?"

"Yah, my family isn't rich. How is that possible?" I said.

"Then, how did you get in?" Girls D growled. "We all auditioned to get accepted. Do you know how hard that was?"

"Seriously, we see you in class, and you have no talent at all." Girl E spat.

"Singing, dancing, and rapping. You're terrible. And your friends even claimed that you're a rapper." Girl F blurted. "Your acting barely gets a passing grade."

"I'm already here. What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Quit. Drop out." They all replied in sync.

"Yah!" BB shouted. "Hime doesn't have to listen to you."

"You, yourself, don't have any talent!" Yuri hissed at them.

I pulled both of them back. "Hey, it's ok." I tried to calm them down. "Sorry, but I won't drop out."

The girls scoffed. "You're so thick skinned." Girl C grumbled.

"Hey, the talent show is coming up." Girl E nudged the other girls.

"Right. There will be a winner announced at the talent show." Girl B said.

"You shall participate alone. If you don't win, you will quit and drop out of Seungri." Girl A suggested.

"Hey! That's not fair!" Sarang shouted.

"Hime is at a disadvantage here!" Nari yelled.

"The punishment should go both ways." SooRi stated. "If you girls don't win, you shall drop out too."

"Why should we?"

"And why should Hime?" My girls yelled at them.

"I'll participate in the talent show." I said. "But, SooRi is right. The punishment should be for both of us. It's only fair if we do it that way."

"Yeah!" BB shouted. "If you don't win, that means you didn't have the talent to win."

"If you don't win, say good bye to Seungri." Yuri smirked.

"If you don't want to leave Seungri, I suggest you change the punishment." Aruem smirked at the girls.

"I did not do anything deserving the leave Seungri so change the punishment. If you'll excuse us, let's go girls." I ordered and we all left.

The girls laughed.

"Did you see their face?!" BB piped.

"So, you're really going to do the talent show alone?" Sarang asked.

I nodded. "That's what they want."

"Will you be ok alone?" SooRi asked.

"I should be." I nodded. "I have three weeks left to prepare."

"What if they pull some tricks?" BB asked. "And you really have to leave Seungri. We'll all be really sad."

"Mm." Nari agreed. "BB's right."

"Well, if I leave, Yuri, you will get Suga to yourself." I laughed.

"Don't joke about this!" Yuri shouted. "And I'm over Suga anyways!" I just chuckled.

------------------------------

"Hime." Suga called out to me after we left rapping class.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Did you really take on the challenge of some girls about the talent show?"

"Mmn." I nodded.

Suga grabbed my arms. "Are you crazy? What if you lose and you really have to leave Seungri?" He asked.

"That part of the deal is not official yet. And how do you know about this?"

"Are you kidding me? Everyone in school knows. The girls were spreading the news around like wildfire."

I shrugged his hands off my arms. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. Besides, I have three weeks to prepare."

Suga POV

I watched Hime's back she walked off. She told me not to worry, but I'm worried. She said she sings for one person only, and that person isn't even here. How is she going to sing? How is she going to win? Will I be able to see her ever again if she loses? So many worries and concerns came to my head. I sighed. What can I do to help her?

------------------------------

I let out a sigh for the xth time.

Rap Monster nudged me. "Why do you keep sighing?"

"I want to help her but I don't know how."

"Help who? Hime?" Jin questioned.

"No. You." I said sarcastically.

"I don't need help though." He replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, she said that she sings for one person, right?" Jimin asked. "Just bring that person here. Problem solved."

"No it's not. We don't even know who that person is." Hobi commented.

"Easy. Just ask her parents."

"Problem, her mom doesn't even know that she's here." Jungkook added.

"Oh yeah." Hobi, Jimin and V said.

"Well, we can't really help her at all, can we." Rap Monster stated. We all let out a sigh of disappointment.

"I would love to hear her voice though." Jin said. "The recording was beautiful, but I want to hear the real thing."

"Me too." Everyone agreed.

Hime POV

I stood in front of the sign up sheet contemplating. Should I rap or sing? I guess I should sing. Which song should I sing? I thought about the solo female artists and the one that came to mind was IU and Ailee. Should I sing IU or Ailee? I made up my mind. I'll sing IU's Good Day. I quickly wrote it on the sign up list and returned it.

I entered the class with a sigh.

"So? What are you doing?" Nari asked.

"IU's Good Day."

"Why?" BB questioned.

"Yeah, she doesn't rap." Aruem commented.

"I'm in my dreee-eeeaaa-aaaam." I said monotonously.

"Ah! The three high octaves!" Yuri pointed out.

"That's a good one." SooRi nodded.

"Can you do that?" Sarang asked worried.

"Mmn." I nodded. "I've tried it before. It was ok. What about you girls?"

"Were doing something y!" BB shouted.

"What?"

"It's a secret." Sarang nodded.

I looked at Yuri. "What about you girls?"

"Curious, aren't you?" SooRi smirked.

"Of course. That's why I want to know."

"It's also a secret." Nari told me. "We'll surprise you at the talent show."

"What is with the secrets? Just tell me!"

"Fine. I'll tell you." Areum nodded. "We're doing Sistar's Alone."

"That is y, but you do realize that Sistar is four and you girls are three right?" Their eyes widened in surprise. "I guess not."

"I haven't thought of that." BB said.

"We were thinking of you and we forgot you won't be performing with us." Sarang explained.

"Hime! Perform with us." The three girls pleaded holding my hand.

"I don't want to. What if the other girls call a default on me? Ask Yuri."

The girls turned to her. "Yuri."

"No! I'm with Nari and SooRi already."

"Aw~ help us." Sarang pouted.

"Yuri, why don't you join Areum's group and perform Sistar's Alone. Nari and SooRi can just perform Sistar 19's Ma Boy." I suggested.

"Oh!" The girls shouted.

"You're a genius!" BB shouted.

"Why didn't we think of that?" Sarang asked.

"Our savior!" Areum yelled and hugged me.

I laughed. "Idiots."

"Should we split and practice by ourselves for the next three weeks?" Yuri suggested.

"We can." Areum agreed. "So we can all focus on our own performance." For the next three weeks, we'll be practicing separately.

Suga POV

We heard about the girls splitting up for practice and well, I'm on my way to find Hime. I wonder how she's doing?

When I found her, she was staring at her own reflection in a dance room.

"C'mon, Hime. You can do this!" She tried to sing but her voice was shaky and it keeps cracking. She took a deep breath. "C'mon. It's ok. You can do this." I smiled at her motivation. I should buy her some snacks.

------------------------------

What does she even like? I continue to stare at the snacks before me. I really don't know anything about her. I just sighed and picked whatever looked good and left for the dance room. When I arrived she was sitting against the wall on the phone with someone.

"It's a hobby. I'm not arguing, I'm answering your questions." She stayed silent for awhile. "Well, you didn't want me to talk, and when I answer your questions, you think I'm arguing. What do you want me to do?" She asked. "Can we talk later? No. I just don't want to talk to you when you're mad at me. Alright then. Bye." She tossed her phone onto her bag on the ground and sighed. She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the mirror.

I quietly walked up to her and pressed a cold drink against her cheek. Startled, she opened her eyes and looked up at me. She smiled at me. "Hey." I pressed the drink against her cheek again. "For me? Thank you." She accepted the drink and I sat next to her.

"Who did you talk to on the phone?" I asked straight to the point. "Boyfriend?"

"Yeah. A boyfriend." She confirmed.

"A fight?" She nodded. "How long has this been going on?"

"A long while now". She answered. I wonder, are they going to break up soon? "Are you smiling at my misery?" She lightly slapped my arm with a bright smile on her face.

"I'm not."

"You're smiling!" She pointed at me. "You're happy that I'm miserable, aren't you?"

"I'm not!"

"Liar! Your smile is this big!" She pushed the corner of her lips up into a big smile and laughed. I just shook my head at her attitude. "Thank you." She said. "For this drink. And for the snacks you left behind when I was song writing late at night (Ch.5)."

"How did you know that I was the one who left the snacks?"

"Your handwriting." She answered.

"You know my handwriting?"

"I know all of BTS' handwriting."

"Are you sure you're not a fan?"

"I am! I said so during the of course game, didn't I?" She chuckled and took a sip of her drink.

"Thank you." I said and she turned to me to me confused. "For the chicken, the ice pack and lyrics." I clarified.

"Ah, that." She nodded. "Well, it was my fault so...wait, how did you know it was me?"

"Your handwriting. You dropped your lyrics when you rushed off to answer the phone call (ch.5)." I explained. "I compared all the handwritings."

"Why did you keep my stuff? You could've just tossed it."

"I was curious who it belonged to. I gotta prove that you're not a ghost haunting me."

She bursted out laughing. "Oh yeah, that ghost thing."

"I understand why you gave me the chicken and the ice pack, but why did you give me the lyrics?"

She smiled. "Well, I was trying to avoid you but stumbled upon you instead. I saw you struggling with your music so I thought I could help start a song for you at least." She nodded. "Seriously, you're always around me. Do you like me or something?" She laughed.

"I do." I replied. She stopped laughing and looked at me. I pulled her in for a kiss. Surprisingly, she kisses me back. Slow and passionate.

"-ga. Suga! Are you ok?" Hime asked. ! I was in my head. "I was just joking. Don't take it so seriously. I know you don't like me." She laughed and suddenly took a hold of my hand. "But really, thank you for everything. How can I ever repay you?"

"You can repay me with a kiss." I answered and leaned in, pressing my lips gently against hers. It started out slow and gentle but I wanted to feel her more and pressed harder against her.

"Suga!" Hime shouted. "Are you ok?"

"Um, yeah." I nodded. ! I was all in my own world again.

"Really? Cause lately your head are in the clouds."

"Um, your hand..." I trailed off.

"Sorry." She said letting go and clearing . "So, how should I repay you?"

"Win the talent show." I replied.

"That's...impossible. I'm not that talented."

"Well, just try your best and have fun then."

"I can do that." She nodded with confidence.

"Good. Well," I stood up. "I should get going now."

"Bye." She waves at me and I left.

Hime POV

After Suga left, I sighed. Try your best and have fun? I took out the cellphone and stared at my brother's smiling face. How can I do that without you here, oppa? Tears stream down my face. I buried my face into my knees. Help me.

[Next Day]

I'm in the dance room again practicing by myself. Ugh! My voice keeps cracking. This is terrible.

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Hey baby girl!"

"Dad!" I shouted. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine." My dad replied. "What about you? How are you doing?"

"I'm fine." I replied. There's no way I'm gonna tell my dad I can't sing. "How is mom doing?"

"Didn't she come visit? She's doing fine too. I'm at the hospital. Do you want to sing for your brother?"

"Mmn." I replied. "Put me on speaker so my oppa can hear me."

"Baby girl. Sorry but I have to go ok? Talk to you next time." My father said after I finished singing BTS' Young Forever.

"Ok, take care of yourself."

"You too. I love you."

"Me too. Bye~" I hung up and there was a knock at the door. The male stepped in.

"Excuse me. Can I talk to you for a bit?"

Suga POV

"Hyung, where are you going?" Hobi asked.

"I'm tired. I don't want to practice anymore."

"But, you're not good at dancing." Jin said.

"I'm better than you."

"But, we're practicing so hard because you are one of the ones who can't dance well." V pointed out.

"I'll practice later."

"Oh! The reason why we're practicing is because you need it more than we do." Jimin said.

"Shouldn't you be more focused on your performance compared to Hime's?" Rap Monster asked. "I know you're leaving to find her."

"I'll come back after I see her for a bit."

"You are totally in love with her." They all chorused. I just waved at them and walked out. I wonder where she is at? I was walking down the corridor when a man stepped out of a dance room. He walked off in the other direction. I walked up to the dance room he left and looked inside. Hime was standing there with a paper in her hand. She crushed it and tossed it aside. I wonder what it was.

"Hey Hime." I said after opening the door.

She turned to me. "Aren't you supposed to be practicing for your performance? Why are you here?"

"My performance is easy." I shrugged.

She laughed. "You're performing one of your songs, aren't you?"

"Yeah."

"You've been practicing for all the live performances, so you're really confident, aren't you?" She chuckled.

"I am." I said and laid down near to where she tossed the paper.

"Why are you even here if you're just gonna lay down?" She asked.

"I'm here to listen to your beautiful voice."

"Well, good luck. You're not gonna hear my beautiful voice." I stared at her. "Turn around. I can't focus with you staring so much."

I turned to my other side and spotted the paper. I slowly reach out hoping she won't notice. I grabbed the paper and opened it up. I quickly closed it and kept it in my fisted hand. I sat up.

"I think I'll leave now." I said.

"Ok." She nodded. I stood up and left. When I turned the corner of the corridor, I opened the paper up and read it again. That man was a SM recruiter? If she tossed this aside, it means that she rejected him right?

------------------------------

I went back to practice with the guys.

"Are you ok?" Jimin asked. "You seem to have gotten worse after your break."

I sighed. "I'm a bit confused. That's all."

"Which part? Hobi asked. "I am here help you."

"I'm not confused about the dance. We've done this hundreds of times. I'm confused about something else."

"Your head are in the clouds." Jin pointed out.

I sighed. "Let's continue."

"There's no point if you can't focus." Jungkook said.

"Jungkook's right. Let's stop for today." Rap Monster ordered. They all started cleaning up and headed toward the door.

"Aren't you coming?" V asked.

"You guys go first." I stated and they all left me alone. I laid down and curled up. I'm gonna sleep.

------------------------------

"-ga. Suga. Wake up." I didn't move. "Yoongi." I slowly opened my eyes to look at the caller.

"Hime." I mumbled. "Say it again."

"Yoongi?" She said after a small silence.

"Am I dreaming about you again?"

"Again?"

"You know..." I trailed off. "I really like you."

------------------------------

I sat up and thought back to my dream. Nothing out of the ordinary happened this time. It felt so real. Whatever. I stood up and walked back to the dorms tired.

"Did you talk with Hime?" Rap Monster asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"Uh, Hime was looking for you." Jin explained.

"We told her to look for you in that dance room." Hobi said.

"She said she had to talk to you about something." Jimin nodded.

I thought back to the dream. "That was real?!"

"Huh?" They all chorused confused and I ran out. No wonder nothing out of the ordinary happened. It was real.

"Hime!" I shouted when I spot her walking out the school gates. She didn't turn around at all. I ran after her. "Hime!" I grabbed her hand.

"What?" She said in an ice cold tone pulling her hand away from me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." She replied. Her attitude is so different from before.

"You're lying. This is not like you."

She scoffed. "What am I like? What do you know about me?" I fell silent. "Nothing, Suga. Nothing." She turned away and I pulled her back turning her towards me.

"Why are you like this?!" I raised my voice. "We were getting along just fine this morning! Is it because of what I said awhile ago."

"What are you talking about?" She feigned innocence.

"I l-"

She covered my mouth. "Don't...say it, Suga."

I pulled out the business card. "What about this?"

"So you do have it." She nodded. "Throw it away. That's nothing but trash to me."

"You're being scouted, why aren't you joining them? You're here in Seungri to get scouted, so why aren't you accepting it?"

"You don't know anything. Just mind your own business." She said and walked off.

Hime POV

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and sighed. It's been a week dammit! My singing isn't improving. I really can't sing without my brother here. I took out my notebook and started writing instead. Seriously, it's better to be productive. I continued to write for hours without knowing. When I looked at the clock, three hours have passed. I sighed and stood up. Time for a break. I went for a restroom and when I came out, I stared at the vending machines. I should get a snack and a drink too, huh? I got some strawberry pocky and shrimp chips with strawberry milk. I walked back to the room I was in and someone was standing in there.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

The person turned to me with my paper in his hands. "Are these yours?"

"You shouldn't touch other people's belongings without their permission." I pulled the music sheet out of his hands.

Suga POV

It's been one week and Hime had not mention about the recruiting to anyone. I wonder if she's ever gonna tell anyone about it. I was just walking down the corridor after lunch when some unknown man stepped out of a dance room. I went and peeked inside. Hime was standing there with a paper in hand. Again? Who is it this time? She just crushed the paper and tossed it aside. She picked up all her belongings and I went to hide. She exited the room and I entered picking up the business card. YG this time?

------------------------------

"You keep messing up, are you ok?" Rap Monster asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Again."

"Enough!" Jimin shouted. "You can't even concentrate right now."

"Let's rest for awhile." Hobi suggested and we all laid down on the ground of the dance room.

"Hey." Rap Monster broke the silence. "We have to go back."

"What?" We all sat up shocked at the news. Rap Monster slowly sat up and faced us.

"I received a call earlier this morning. Bang PD-nim wants us to go back."

"Really?" V asked.

"That's great!" Jimin shouted.

"What about the talent show?" Jungkook asked. "We can't just drop it. It's approaching fast."

"I'm not going back." I stated.

"Why?" Jin asked.

"Because of Hime?" Rap Monster asked.

"It's not her, it's..." I trailed off.

"What is it? Tell us so we know." Hobi said.

I just sighed and shook my head. Rap Mon right. I don't want to separate from Hime. I've barely gotten to know her, but I want to know more. We all sat in silence.

"Have you ever just really wanted to kiss someone, but you can't?" I spoke up.

"What's stopping you?" Jungkook asked out of curiosity.

"We argued."

"What happened?" Jin asked.

"We were ok in the morning. After you guys left, I fell asleep and she came to wake me up. I thought it was a dream and I confessed. Now she..." I sighed.

"She what?" V asked.

"She's so cold to me now."

"Cause she's aware of your status. You're a celebrity Suga, she isn't." Jimin commented.

"She got scouted but she refused. Twice."

"What?!" They shouted.

I pulled out the crumpled business cards and showed it to the guys. "She hasn't said anything."

"SM and YG. The big labels, huh?" Rap Monster said.

"I can't believe she refused. Did you ask her why?" Jin asked.

"We ended up arguing instead. She said that I don't know anything about her."

"Which isn't wrong." Jimin stated and I hit his arm.

"There might be more to it. I mean, who doesn't want to date a celebrity?" V said.

"So Hime is stopping you from going back to BigHit." Rap Monster sighed.

"She isn't!" I denied.

"Right." Rap Monster said unconvinced.

------------------------------

Late at night when the others are asleep, I went out to the nearest convenience store to buy some food and snacks. I need a break from all the work. I picked up my stuff quickly and went to the register. I bumped into someone else while putting our items in front of the cashier.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Go ahead." We said in sync and looked at each other.

------------------------------

21/12/2016, 10:23 PM