Chapter 19

Blood, Sweat & Tears

Hime POV

"Did you girls read the comments?" Yuri said entering our practice room.

"What comments?" Nari asked.

"Our teaser photos!" Yuri shouted.

"Ah~ no. I didn't read them. Did you?" Areum asked looking at the other girls.

"I didn't." Sarang shook her head. "I was afraid of the outcome."

"Don't be. The comments were good." Yuri showed us her phone.

Oh! They're pretty!

Can't wait for them to debut!

I love their group name!

They really give off the rebel vibe.

"Oh, nice~" BB smiled proudly.

"Ok, enough. Let's practice." I ordered.

"Ok." Everyone nodded.

*******************************

After a long day of practice we went back to the dorms.

"My body hurts." SooRi whined.

"Get used to it." I said unlocking the door. We all walked in and stopped in our tracks.

"Uh..." we all trailed off. There was a boy in his high school uniform sitting on our couch with his suitcase next to him. The room was filled with lighting, cameras and production staff.

"W-what's going on?" Yuri stuttered.

"Oh, welcome home." A man spoke out. "We're filming a reality show called 'Rebels, Raise Your Brother!'"

We blinked confused. "Huh?" We all chorused.

"This will be your first reality show." The man nodded. "Oh! Let me introduce myself. My name is No Jihyuk. I'm producing this reality show. Since this is a reality show, there will be cameras around you girls 24/7."

"W-wait." Areum stuttered. "2-24/7?"

"T-there's gonna be cameras...S-s-set up...I-in o-our dorm?!" Sarang gasped.

"Y-you d-didn't put one i-in the r-restroom, d-did you?" Nari asked.

"No, of course not." We all sighed in relief.

"Wait. You're not all gonna be here 24/7, right. I mean, this is a small dorm already for seven girls and now the production staff." BB voiced out her concern.

"We're not gonna be here of course, hence the camera set ups. You will be monitored through the cameras and when you leave the dorms, you will be followed by a camera man. This is a reality show after all." Jihyuk stated.

"Um..." I finally spoke up. "What is the point of this show, exactly?"

"Exactly what the title states. You will become siblings for this boy here and raise him." We all turned our head to the said boy. "This is my sister's son, my nephew. Introduce yourself to them."

"My name is Shin Yun." He stated without bowing or stating a hello.

I scoffed at his behavior.

"He is a rising star. Please take care of him." After the PD was done, he along with the staff left our dorm, and we were left with Yun. We all sat around in awkward silence.

"We should introduce ourself. My name is Aruem, I'm the oldest."

"I'm Yuri, the third oldest. I'm one of the main vocals."

"I'm BB, the fifth oldest. I'm a bit competitive cause I like being number one."

"I'm SooRi. I'm the fourth oldest. I'm a rapper, I guess."

"I'm Nari! The sixth in line. I'm a vocal." She nodded.

"I'm Sarang, the maknae. That's all I have to say."

"I'm Hime. I'm the second oldest and the leader."

"Together we are Rebels." We all chorused.

Yun stared at us for awhile in silence. "Hey maknae, when's your birthday?"

"May 30th 1997." Sarang replied.

"Huh, you're older than me. By the way, I'm hungry."

"Oh! We'll see what we have." Aruem said and we headed into the kitchen.

We had a lot of veggies for stir fry.

"Anybody know how to cook?" Nari asked. Everyone shrugged.

"Hime?" Yuri asked.

"No comment." I replied.

"We can always try?" Sarang suggested.

"Have you even held a knife before?" SooRi asked. Sarang shook her head.

"What are you doing?" BB asked when I sat down on the kitchen counter.

"Sitting. I'm not going to cook, just so you know." I said. All the girls sighed.

*******************************

After some screaming, burning and frantic running around the kitchen, the girls managed to make the stir fry. They brought out the stir fry and the rice for Yun.

"What is this?" Yun asked looking at the messy heap of food in front of him.

"It's stir fry." Nari replied.

He picked up a burnt piece with a disgusted face. "Doesn't look like it." He put it back down. "Is it even edible?

Sarang picked up a piece and ate it. "It's ok." She confirmed.

"I don't want to it." Yun shook his head.

"Eat it. They tried so hard to make it for you." I said.

"No." Yun refused. "It looks disgusting."

"Fine. Don't eat. Starve." I said and we ate the food while Yun watched.

"Can we eat takeout instead?" Yun asked while we were eating.

"Do you have money for that? Cause we don't." I replied.

"My uncle took my credit card." He mumbled. "And I don't want to eat that disgusting thing."

"Then starve." I said and continue to eat.

*******************************

"Hmph. Why am I stuck with sisters like you? I wanted someone popular like Sistar, BlackPink or Twice. Not no name idols like you." Yun said after we were done eating and sat around in front of the TV.

"You. Stand up." Yun stared at me like he didn't understand what I said. "Stand. Up." He slowly stood up and I pulled him towards the door. I opened the door and locked him out.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"What is Hime doing?!" SooRi shouted.

(a/n: these are commentaries within the reality show)

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Hey!" Yun shouted banging on the door. "Hey! Let me in!"

"Hime-"

"Don't open the door, Sarang." I said.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"I really wanted to help him. I really do, but Hime won't let me." Sarang pouted.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"But-"

"No buts." I cut Aruem off. We all sat in the living room while Yun continued to bang on the door which soon died down.

"Hime, can we-"

"No." I cut Nari off. "That kid-"

Suddenly the door opened and the PD walked in. "We need to talk." He stood in front of us and the others fidget in their seats. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Did he call you for help?" I asked.

"That's not the point here. What are you doing treating him like that? I asked you to take care of him like your brother, and is it true that you didn't give him dinner?"

I looked at Yun and scoffed. "He told you everything huh?"

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"We are in so much trouble." Aruem stated.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Answer my question."

"That's right. So what? He has no manners. The girls had never cooked before and they ran around the kitchen hurting themselves to cook for him and that ungrateful brat didn't even want to eat what they worked so hard on. He doesn't deserve to eat. If he was really hungry, he would stop complaining and eat. And you," I turned to look at Yun. "If you can't take it, leave then! The door is right there! You didn't want no name idols to be your sisters anyways!" I looked at the PD again. "How can I take care of him as my brother if I can't can even discipline him? Leave. Take him and end this show. I don't want to take care of a spoiled brat anyways."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"This is it. This is the end." Yuri said.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"We barley started the show and it's already ending." Nari said and shook her head.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Our first show is a failure." Sarang sighed.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"No!" Yun shouted. "I will stay here and show you that I'm not a spoiled brat!"

I smirked. "Ok. We'll see about that."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"The show lives!" BB shouted.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Thank goodness he changed his mind." Yuri sighed in relief.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Reverse psychology. Try it sometimes." I laughed.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

The PD sighed. "Fine. Since you decided to stay, you can stay." The PD left and we were alone once again. I saw all the girls sigh in relief.

I slammed my hand on the table in front of Yun making him jump.

"Look here brat." I started. "We are all older than you, so I better see you respecting each and every one of us. I'll tell you right now that I'm not a nice person. I won't hesitate to kick you out again. Do you hear me?" Yun frantically nodded his head. "Good." I said with a smile. "Let's go."

"W-where are you going?" Yun asked.

"To sleep." I replied after everyone entered the bedroom except me.

"W-what about me?" Yun pointed to himself.

"You're sleeping here in the living room."

"What? But-"

"There's one of you and there's seven of us. Are you seriously gonna make seven of us sleep in the living room while you sleep in our bedroom, spoiled brat?"

"But...what about a blanket?"

"Good luck. We don't have any extras. Your uncle didn't think these things through before throwing you in here, huh?" I said and entered the bedroom.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Yun shouted.

*******************************

The others went to sleep while I continued to write in my notebook using my phone's light to see the pages. I looked at the time. It's been an hour since bedtime, I wonder if Yun is sleeping? I walked out to the living room. He was laying on our small couch in fetal position trying to keep himself warm. I walked back into my room and grabbed my blanket to put it over Yun. I walked back into the bedroom and continued writing.

Suga POV

"Hey look! Rebel has a MV teaser!" Taehyung shouted at the top of his lungs. "Who wants to watch with me?!"

"Really? It's out?" Rap Monster asked and everyone crowded the lap top.

"Suga?" Taehyung wondered if I was gonna join them.

"I guess." I replied lazily walking over and he pressed play.

The video flashed the girls' faces and someone hit a car window with a bat. One girl threw a chair at the wall and broke it. "You can't, you can't, you can't tame us". It ended with the all girls fisted hand with their thumb pointing down.

"T-that's it?!" Jimin shouted.

"That was like 30 seconds?!" Hobi shouted.

"Yeah, that's why they're called teasers." Rap Mon deadpanned.

"You've got to be kidding me! Now I want to see their official MV." Jin stated.

"It's gonna be dope. Probably." Jungkook said.

"No, I'm sure it'll be dope." Rap Mon stated. "They're our sister group after all."

Yun POV

I woke up to the sounds of chaotic running around the house. I lifted my head and there was a blanket on top of me. Who's?

"That's Hime's blanket." Yuri answered my unasked question. "Hime is actually a nice person, y'know."

"Quit babbling." Hime hit Yuri on the head. "And you, don't you have school today? Brat."

"Oh!" I looked at the time. It was 7:45 and my class stared at 8. "Aw man!" I shouted and ran to the restroom. "I'm late!" I rushed to get cleaned up. When I'm done I opened the door to leave and Hime was standing outside next to a van.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"We gotta take him to and from school the PD said." Hime sighed. "I guess our schedule will be a bit different with Yun around."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"C'mon. Get in."

"Huh?"

"We're taking you to school."

"Oh." I said still standing in the same spot. Hime sighed and grabbed me by my backpack.

"C'mon!" She said and shoved me into the van. We reached my school at 8:30. I sighed. I'm late. I got out of the van and walked towards the school building.

"Bye Yunnie!" Hime shouted.

"Don't call me that?!" I yelled back.

"Aw~ why? You're our dongsaeng, aren't you, Yunnie?" Aruem cooed.

"Don't call me that, Aruem! Noona." I added when I caught Hime glaring at me.

"Run! You're super late."

"Aw, crap." I mumbled and started running.

"You didn't say bye to us!" SooRi shouted.

"Bye noona!" I shouted at the top of my lungs while running trying to get to class as fast as I can.

Hime POV

"Brat." I laughed and got in our van ready for practice. When we got to our practice room, of course, there were cameras set up in there. We all sighed. Just then Bang PD walked in.

"Hime, you girls will start recording today. After the recording, you all will resume dance practice with music." We nodded at his orders and followed him to the recording room.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"We're finally recording?" Yuri asked.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Finally! We've been practicing without music for awhile." SooRi said.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"I think it's important to learn the dance without music first. When we get the dance down, dancing with music will be much easier since we already know the moves." BB shrugged.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"I don't think I'm doing so good." Nari pouted. "Did you see the way Bang PD sigh in frustration when I couldn't get the notes right?"

"Its ok. We're barely starting out. You'll improve. I just know it." I encouraged her.

"I guess." She shrugged.

"Time to pick Yun up from school." I said.

"Oh, it's time already?" The girls looked at the time on their phones.

"Guess we gotta go and stop practice here." BB stated.

"Yunnie!" I shouted.l when I spotted him coming out of the school building. I ran towards us.

"I said don't call me that Hime! Noona." He added.

"Get in." I said. He sighed and got in the van.

"I'm hungry." Yun said when we reach the door.

"We'll make something when we get inside." Aruem stated.

"Can't we order out or something?" Yun asked.

"You have money for that, spoiled brat." Yun pouted at my comment. He sat down and waited while the girls frantically ran around the kitchen trying to fix something for Yun to eat.

"What is this?" Yun asked looking at the gunky mess.

"It's rice, of course." Sarang replied.

"More like porridge." Yun said. "And this?" He pointed to the burnt mess.

Nari nervously laughed. "Scrambled eggs."

"How can anyone burn regular scrambled eggs?" Yun asked and sighed.

"Are you going to eat or not?" Yun stayed silent and stared at the food long and hard. "One. Two. Thr-"

"I'll eat it." Yun grabbed my hand stopping me from taking it away from him. "I'll eat it."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"The food wasn't very good but it's better than starving." Yun stated. "I'm pretty sure I'm traumatized by the way Hime treated me the first time I refused. I'll never refuse food from her ever again. Hime was scary." Yun's eyes widened. "Noona! Hime noona! I'm sorry! I'll call you seven noona from now on. Noona. Noona. Noona." He chanted.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

We all ate the mess we called food.

"How was school today, Yun?" Sarang asked.

"It's ok, I guess." He shrugged.

"How old are you, Yun?" Nari asked. "Better yet, when's your birthday?"

"April 1st, 2000."

"Hahaha, your birthday's a joke!" BB shouted making the others giggle. Yun rolled his eyes.

"Sorry." Yuri apologized. "But you're a 2000 baby. Wow. So young." Yun rolled his eyes yet again.

"You're really not that old either."

"But we're adults." Sarang pointed out.

"Who can't adult correctly." I stated and everyone laughed.

"Yeah." The others agreed. "We can't adult correctly."

*******************************

"Yun, let's go to the store." I stated.

"Now?"

"Duh, now. Hurry up."

"Why do I have to-" he stopped what he was saying after noticing my glare. "Ok." He agreed putting his shoes on. "Wait, were walking?"

"Yes, it's around the corner!"

"Ugh, fine." He followed me out the door. "I thought you didn't have money for takeout. How did you get money for grocery shopping?" Yun asked when we're in the store.

"The staff gave it to me." I replied looking at the onions.

"I don't like onions, or carrots, or celery." Yun said.

"Congratulations, we're getting them."

"Why?"

"Because you hate them."

"Aw c'mon! I don't want to eat that."

I stopped in my tracks and turned to him. "Yun, you will eat what we make, unless, you can cook for yourself."

"I don't know how to cook." Yun mumbled.

"Exactly, so shut up." After buying the groceries we walked out with Yun holding most of the heavy bags. We bumped into an elder who dropped a lot of her groceries. "I'm sorry." I apologized.

"No no. It's ok." She slowly try to bed down to pick up her groceries.

"Yun, help her." I ordered.

"But in holding all of these." He showed me his hands. I looked at the cameraman.

"Sorry, can you..."I trailed off handing my bags to him. "It's not that heavy." He accepted them, thank goodness. I took the heavy bags from Yun and he helped the elder pick up her groceries.

"Halmeoni, do you help taking your groceries home?" I asked.

"Oh, I can never bother you to do such a thing."

"Your not bothering us at all. My brother here will take your groceries to your home, right, Yun?"

"Huh? Why would I-"

"Spoiled brat."

"Ok. I'll take it to her house. Where is your house halmeoni?" Yun asked.

"Right over there."

Yun turned around to look. "Where?"

"Follow me." She said and walked ahead of us. There was a biker who almost ran into her but Yun protected her by pulling her back.

"Watch it man!" Yun shouted at the biker. "Halmeoni, are you ok? Here, hold my hand, so you don't encounter the same problem." We walked to her house with Yun holding her hand the whole time to keep her safe. After Yun dropped her groceries off on her table she bowed to us.

"My my. You're such a kind young man. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." Yun bowed to her. "We're going now. Take care." Yun bowed once more and we left.

I laughed. "Why are you laughing?" Yun asked.

"You told her to hold your hand for her safety, like a child."

"It was dangerous."

"Bend down a bit."

"Huh?" He said confused.

"Just do it." He bent down and I patted his head. "Good boy. Good boy."

"What the-"

"I guess you aren't all spoiled. C'mon. Let's go home."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Nobody has patted my head like that before." Yun patted his head. "It felt good when Hime, did that." His eyes widened. "Noona. Noona. Noona. Hime noona. I gotta get used to calling them noona."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Yuri POV

Hime and Yun came back from grocery shopping.

"Yun, put these in the fridge."

"Yes, Hime...noona." He stated putting the groceries away.

"Hey." I whispered to Hime. "Did you tame him somehow."

"No." she shook her head. "Why do you think that?"

"He seems to be following orders without a fight."

Hime shrugged and walked away. I continue to watch him put the groceries away.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Hime must have a special power or something." I joked. "Yun followed orders."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

*******************************

"What are you doing?" Nari asked Yun.

"Homework." He replied making everyone gather around him.

"What subject are you working on?" Aruem asked.

"Math and English."

"Ok, math I can do, but English?" Nari laughed nervously. "Not so much."

"Same here." BB said. "Even though I'm competitive, I was never good in English." Everyone denied to help him in English.

"I can help you in English." Hime spoke up.

"Are you good in English?" Soori asked.

"The worst grade I got in English was a C."

"You're not that good then, cause my English classes, I got Cs too." BB said her competitive side coming out.

"I'm sure we all got Cs." I stated.

"I spent 13 years speaking English, so I think I can help you."

"Yeah right. If you spent 13 years speaking English, then I have 12 years of English experience. I started learning since the first grade."

"BB, this isn't a competition." Hime rolled her eyes.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Everyone learns English in school." BB said.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"13 years speaking English, I don't know. Wouldn't it be 12 since we start in grade one?" SooRi asked.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"We don't know about Hime's life, so who are we to judge?" Yuri shrugged.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"If they don't believe me, then forget it." Hime shrugged.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Yun POV

"Are you gonna help me or not?" I asked. "Stop fighting...please."

"Why don't you help him BB?" Hime noona suggested. "After all, you had 12 years of English experience, right?"

"English is..."

"I'm doing math right now. I'll do English after. Please just...I really need help."

"I'll help you." Everyone except Hime noona volunteered. Everyone sat around in a circle to look at my homework while Hime sat on the couch watching us.

"That's not how you solve it." BB stated. "It's like this."

"No, it's not." SooRi retorted. The others all argued among themselves.

"Hime! Who's right?" They asked dragging Hime noona into the argument.

"Don't drag me into this. You girls find the answer among yourselves. I have better things to do." She said and went to put her shoes on. "I have to talk to Bang PD. I'll be back." Hime walked out and I turn to look at the other six. They continue to argue.

"You know what? Forget it. If you think you're right, then you help him." Yuri said, after a long argument, and walked away.

"I'm gonna go ahead and leave you girls to it." Aruem nodded. "I don't want to fight." I look at the remaining girls.

Hime POV

"Where's everyone?" I asked. Yun was sitting alone looking at his homework. He turned his attention to me.

"They quit on me. I couldn't understand what they were teaching me so they gave up."

"Let me see." I said sitting down next to him and grabbing his homework. "Ah~ this is easy. You learn this in junior high."

"I've never been good in math so..." he trailed off with a shrug of his shoulders.

I sighed. "It's ok. I'll help teach you. If you're confused, you can stop me and ask questions anytime." I scoot closer to Yun and pointed at the paper reading the problem. "Ok, so three girls are cohabiting in a house. Lady A has a corner room and pays 25% more than Lady B. Lady C has the biggest room and pays 50% more that Lady B. How much of the rent does each lady pay? Alright. What do you do first?" I looked at Yun. He looked at me with a blank face.

"I don't know. What am I supposed to do?"

I chuckled. "Ok, so. We need to write an equation. Since Lady A pays 25% more than Lady B, we'll write that as A = x + 1/4x."

"Wait, why X?" Yun asked confused.

"X represents g Lady B's share of the rent."

"Oh." He nodded in better understanding. "And why 1/4x?"

"Because Lady A pays 25%, aka 1/4, of B's rent."

"Oh~" he nodded again. "Ok."

"Alright, so since Lady C pays 50% more than Lady B, we will write it as C = x + 1/2x." Yun nodded. "Since we don't know how much the rent is, we'll have to present it as 1. So the equation will be 1 = x + (x + 1/4x) + (x + 1/2x), ok?"

"Um..." Yun titled his head.

"1 represent the rent as a whole. All three ladies payment equals one. X is Lady B's share. I wrote (x + 1/4x) because we have to get B's rent payment and add 1/4 because A pays 25% more. And we do the same for C where we have to add B's share with the 50% added payment." I clarified to him.

"Ok." Yun nodded.

"Alright. Now that we have our equations we solve it."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"I have a helper who won't give up on me. Yay~" Yun cheered.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Yun POV

"Wow~" I clapped. "You made it look so easy." I said amazed when she finished the math problem.

Hime noona chuckled. "Now, your turn." She pushed the homework in front of me. "This problem is similar."

"Um, I don't..." I shook my head.

"You won't always get it right the first time, but you can always try."

"Ok, fine." I said and tried doing the problem. When I finished, I handed the paper to Hime.

"Good. You wrote down two equations," I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "But," I held my breath again. "The equation itself is wrong."

"Aw man!" I shouted.

Hime noona chuckled. "It's ok. I'll help you." Hime helped me step by step. Amazingly, I understood everything she said perfectly. The problem is I can't do it myself.

I finished the next problem that she told me to do and showed her the answer.

"You have the right idea but-" Hime proceeds to teach me.

"I give up."

"Hey. I didn't give up on you yet, you shouldn't be giving up on yourself."

I pouted. "I can't do this."

"Yes, you can. I know you can. You understood what I taught, right? You're just confused with the equations."

Hime continues to help me. I showed Hime the next problem that I solved myself. She looked it over and smiled at me.

"Good job! I knew you could do it." She patted my head.

I sighed in relief when I finished my math homework.

"Ok, now your English homework."

I groaned. "I can't do it anymore~"

"Yes, you can. C'mon."

*******************************

I stared at Hime. "Are you good in English?"

"I spent 13 years speaking English, what do you think?" I shrugged. "Don't worry. I got this. Do you believe in me?"

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Ok, she just spoke in fluent English. I can trust her, right?" I asked. "Cause I'm pretty impressed."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"I...don't know what you're saying."

"Do you believe in me?" I nodded my reply. "Ok then. What is a hyperbole."

I stared at her and blink my eyes as if that was my first time ever hearing such a word.

Hime sighed. "Ok, a hyperbole is...and a simile is...and a metaphor is..." I zoned out from what Hime was teaching me. "Yah! Are you listening?" Hime hit me on the head bringing me back to focus.

"I'm listening." I nodded.

"Then what is a hyperbole?" She asked. I shrugged in response. "You learn this in junior high. How can you do your homework if you don't know what is a hyperbole, smilie or metaphor?"

"This is English homework. Why do I need to know those?"

"Because that's what your homework is. To define which sentence is a hyperbole, simile or metaphor. And they're all in English."

I groaned. "I don't want to do this. Should I just drop out of school?"

Hime hit my head. "No. You should graduate and go to college and get a good degree. Just because you're a rising actor doesn't mean you can slack off." She hit my head again. "Now, do your homework."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Hime noona is lecturing me? Even my uncle doesn't lecture me." I stated.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"But I don't even know what those are?"

Hime sighed. "Listen to me then." She explained hyperbole, simile and metaphor again. "Ok, what's a hyperbole?"

"Hyperboles are exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally." I restated what she had told me.

"And a smilie?"

"A figure of speech comparing two unlike things."

"And metaphor?"

"A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable."

"Great! Now, read the sentences and pick one of the three options: hyperbole, simile or metaphor." She pushed the paper in front of me. "Read." She pointed to the first sentence.

"I am sho hungray I cood eat a horsh." I read.

"I am so hungry I could eat a horse." Hime repeated. "So? Hyperbole, simile or metaphor?"

"Um, hyperbole?" I guessed.

"Why?"

"Um." I shrugged.

"I'm not saying you're wrong. I just want to know your reasoning as to why it's a hyperbole."

"Exaggeration of eating a horse?"

"Correct. Good boy." Hime noona patted my head. "Next."

"De plomese betwin is wus a delikat flowur."

"The promise between us was a delicate flower." Hime restated. "Hyperbole, simile or metaphor?"

"Simile."

"Why?"

"Um" I shrugged. "I don't know."

"It's actually a metaphor. A simile is comparing two things. In this sentence, there was no comparison."

"Oh, oops."

"It's ok." She ruffled my hair. "You're learning."

*******************************

"Incognito means hiding your true identity. For example..." after hyperboles, similes and metaphors, I have to do vocabulary. I sighed. "Are you ok?"

"Why must I do this. This is so hard. My life . God must hate me."

Hime noona laughed. "Hey, don't say that. Not everyone gets to be a celebrity. I think you're living pretty good."

I pouted. "I have no siblings and my parents are rarely home. I'm going through high school and having difficulty with math and English. I might fail and not graduate this year. That's living good?"

"Look, you're life is pretty privileged. Not everyone has rich parents like you and is a rising star. Your life isn't that hard. Get over yourself." She said. "If you don't want to learn anymore, I'm going to excuse myself. I have better things to do."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"She just lectured me again? Who is she? My mom?" I asked.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Hime POV

I woke up early to make a bento for Yun.

"Hey, wake up." I said shaking him awake. "You don't want to be late for class again."

Everyone is up and running around trying to get ready. We dropped Yun off on time today.

"Bye Yunnie~" we sang.

"Don't call me that!" He shouted embarrassed.

"Wait, Yun!" I shouted running up to him. "Here. Bento." He furrowed his eyebrows hesitant to accept the food. "Don't worry. It's edible."

He accepted the food and turned but I held him back.

"Hey, you may be an only child, but we're here for you. Don't worry. I'm going to make sure you graduate. We are going to show you what having siblings is like. Bye. We'll be back to pick you up."

He smiled and walked into the school building.

*******************************

"Yunnie~" Yuri and I shouted while waving at Yun. He was talking to a girl.

"Don't call me that!" He shouted back.

"Is that your girlfriend?" Yuri teased.

"W-what? No." Yun stuttered.

"Do you want her to be?" I asked. He said something to her and ran towards the van.

"Why did you leave your girlfriend so quickly~" we teased.

"Shut up." He growled with flushed cheeks and entered the van. "Let's go."

"Bye Yun's girlfriend!" We shouted.

"Shut up!" Yun shouted.

Yun POV

We all entered the dorm and took our shoes off.

"Go wash your feet after you take your shoe and sock off." Hime noona ordered.

"Yes, mom." Everyone said and did what they were told.

*******************************

"You're better than my teacher at teaching. You should become a teacher, Hime noona." I said when I finished my homework.

Hime noona stopped what she was doing and looked at me. She just let out a weak smile and ruffled my hair. She got up and walked towards the kitchen. "Hungry?"

"Oh! Noona, the bento you gave me was delicious." I said catching everyone's attention.

"What? You got a bento?" BB asked.

"Mm. This morning. Hime noona gave it to me."

"How was it?" SooRi asked.

"It was delicious." I nodded. "It tasted like a mother's cooking. Full of love." I turned to look at Hime noona. "Who made it?"

"I did." She replied nonchalantly while preparing ingredients to cook.

"What?!" Everyone screamed.

Yuri put her arm over Hime's shoulder. "Are you telling us that you could cook this whole time, and you didn't tell us." Hime noona simply nodded.

"You could cook and you let us run around like idiots in the kitchen?!" BB shouted. Hime noona nodded yet again.

"We cut and burned ourselves multiple times and you're telling us now that you can cook?!" Nari yelled. Hime nodded.

"You said that you couldn't cook." Sarang accused.

"Hey, don't accuse me like that. I never said I couldn't cook. I said no comment." Hime defended herself.

"Oh my gosh! We all got hurt for nothing." They shouted and attacked her with light punches and kicks.

*******************************

"I swear, you are officially the mom." Areum stated eating her food. Hime just laughed at the statement.

"This is so good." Nari said full of food.

"I can't believe you never cooked for us before, you jerk." BB kicked her under the table. Hime just laughed at the action.

"Seriously, if you can cook, why didn't you say so?" Yuri ask.

"Because if you girls know, you'll make me cook for you, am I right?"

"Of course." We all chorus.

"There you go. That's why I didn't tell you. I'm gonna be a slave from now on." She sighed. "Oh, my life ."

*******************************

"Bye Yunnie~" they chorused yet another day.

"Don't call me that? How many times do I have to tell you to stop for you to actually stop?"

"We won't ever stop, so get used to it." Yuri laughed.

"Well, stop. It's embarrassing." I said and walked into my school building.

Hime POV

"Yunnie~" we sang.

"We're here to pick you up." Nari stated.

"Oh! He's with his girlfriend." Sarang pointed out.

"Hi Yunnie's girlfriend." We all greeted. He said something to her and walked towards us.

"Stop calling me that. You're embarrassing me."

"Welcome to the world of siblings." I pat his back.

Yuri laugh. "That's true. Siblings annoy and embarrass each other."

Yun rolled his eyes and got into the car.

*******************************

"How did you get that?" I asked noticing a multiple bruises on Yun's arm and legs.

"Probably from Physical Education." He said with a shrug.

"Ok." I said and continue to eat.

"I think you can stop sending me to school. I'm in my last year of high school. I can go by myself." He stated the next day.

"Ok. That's fine with us." The others agreed. When I saw Yun, he got more bruises on his body.

"Hey." I grabbed his arm. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. Why?" He answered.

"No it's just. You seem to have more bruises on your body."

"I'm fine. Really." He said and walked away.

I contemplated about the bruises on Yun's body and came to a conclusion.

"Yun, are you getting bullied?" I asked him before he left for school the next day.

"You're getting bullied?" BB repeated my question.

"Are you ok?" Areum asked.

"Don't worry about it."

"Are you sure because-"

"I said don't worry about it!" Huh yelled. "Why the hell do you care anyways?"

"Because we're your-"

"You're not really my sisters!" Yun yelled. "And it's not like you really actually want to take care of me. You're only doing this to boost you're popularity."

I slapped him on the cheek and the others gasped at my action. "We are truly worried about you."

"Just mind your own business." Yun said and ran out the door.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"No one had ever slapped me before. Hime noona was the first." Yun nodded.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Where is Yun?" Nari asked. "School let out hours ago. He's still not home. Do you think he's ok?"

"He's fine." I assured her.

"You sure? I hope he didn't get into any trouble." The door opened and we turned to the door. Yun walked in. "Oh my gosh, what happened to you?" Nari ran to him to look at his face. It was full of bruises and cuts.

He pushed Nari's hand away. "It doesn't concern you."

"Yun, I know we're not your real siblings, but it doesn't mean that we don't care. Of course we care. We're living under one roof. If it makes you feel any better, I'm an only child too. Yes, we're not your real siblings, but this is the closest you'll get to siblings. Trust me. I have no siblings but I have Rebels. And I'm pretty sure the way Rebels treat me is how siblings treat each other, or close to it at least."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Honestly, I have no siblings, so really, I understand Yun. I'm lucky I met Rebels. I want Yun to know that he has us as his sisters. We might not be blood related, but we won't treat him like he isn't." Nari smiled.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Yun stared at Nari for awhile and finally spoke up. "I got into a fight. Some guys in my school said 'You think you're a hot shot just because you're a rising star?' And uh...they're jealous that I have seven girls taking me to and from school everyday. And the girl that he likes talks to me so-"

"Wait. He likes your girlfriend?" I asked.

"What? No! She's not my...no. S-she's not my girlfriend." Yun shook his head in denial.

"But you like her."

"T-that's not the point." He said with flushed cheeks. "Anyways, I decided to fight back today, hence, my beat up state."

"Fighting isn't good!" Nari lectured him while I went to get the first aid kit from the restroom. Yun was looking down in shame.

"Did you win?" I asked making Yun perk up.

"Hime!" Nari shouted.

"What?" I shrugged.

"Yeah." He nodded. "Well, if you count as punching the leader in the face and giving him a bloody nose and the others running after me a win then yeah." He nodded again.

I laughed at what he said. "Good job." I ruffled his hair.

"Fighting is bad. Should you really be complimenting me?"

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"No one had complimented me before for doing bad things. But then I soon found out she didn't compliment me for fighting. It's my first time fighting too." Yun laughed. "I got beat up bad."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"You ran away from the fight and escaped with small injuries. That's what I'm complimenting you on."

"Oh. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get attacked tomorrow again too."

I smiled and sat in front of him. I opened the hydrogen peroxide and poured it on a cotton ball.

"I'm going to bed." Nari yawned.

"Good night." I called out to her.

"Night." She replied.

I dabbed the cotton ball to the corner of his lips. He flinched and hissed from the pain. I sat there cleaning his wounds in silence.

"I'm sorry." He spoke up breaking the silence.

"Hm? Why are you sorry?" I asked still cleaning his wounds.

"Those jerks told me that you noonas don't really want to be here as my sisters and you're only doing it because the producer, my uncle, told you to. I thought about it and they are wrong and I'm all up in my head about it and I snapped. I yelled at you noonas and said horrible things. I started a stupid fight."

"I want to apologize to." I said. "For slapping you."

"There's nothing for you to apologize about. I said horrible things. That was a form of discipline."

I shook my head. "I still want to apologize. That's what family does. You fight and argue over stupid things. You may accidentally blurt things you don't mean or accidentally raise your hand against each other out of anger, but at the end of the day, you're still family and you can always lean on each other for help. I know that Rebels and I may not be your real sisters but we are here to help you and show you what having siblings are like and how great it is. In all honesty, no siblings are perfect. Everyone has there flaws. There will be stupid fights but we'll have to eventually apologize. I want you to believe in Rebels and rely on Rebels when you need help. Tell us what's on your mind. Tell us your concerns. We like to tease you, annoy you, and embarrass you, but that's part of sibling hood." I chuckled.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"I learned about family today." Yun chuckled. "They may not be blood related but I'm pretty sure the way they treat me is exactly how it feels like to have siblings."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Do you have siblings? Well, other than Rebels?"

"I do." I whispered. "An older brother."

"Cool. I bet he's happy that you're becoming an idol."

"Mm. I bet so too."

Yun examined my face.

"I don't want to intrude too much but where's your brother? You look sad." I stared at him in silence. "I will rely on you, but I want you to rely on me too."

"He's in a coma." I whispered so low I wasn't sure if he heard but his crestfallen face tells me otherwise.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"What did Hime say? You didn't catch it on camera? Oh then, I really don't want to say it." Yun shook his head. "I don't want to exploit her like that."

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Oh. I'm sorry." He said.

I chuckled. "It's ok. I'm done." I sniffed. "Um, you should go to sleep."

"Yeah, I should." He nodded in agreement. I cleaned the couch of the trash and tossed them away.

"Good night, Hime noona."

"Good night Yunnie."

-----------------------------------

16/5/2017, 11:22 PM