Chapter 29

Blood, Sweat & Tears

Yuri POV

“It’s been two weeks since the conversation of Hime quitting. Her complexion is getting better and she is eating a bit more.

“Are you quitting?” BB asks.

“Yes.” She answers. We all gasp.

“No.” She laughs while shaking her head and continue writing lyrics in her notebook. “I’m not leaving.”

“Are you sure?” Nari questions.

“I heard you talking to Bang PD about quitting.” I said.

Hime let out a sigh and put her notebook down. “Yah, if I decided to quit, would I still be sitting here you girls?”

“But...” Sarang trails off.

“I decided to stay.” Hime said.

“Why?” SooRi asks.

“I was reminded that I rebelled against my mother to be here. Do you think that quitting will make any sense?”

“That’s the spirit!” We all said.

“But you haven’t been eating. Why?” Areum asks. Hime answers with a shrug.

I let out a sigh. “Look, Hime. If something is bothering you, just tell us. We want to help you.”

Hime POV

You can’t help me. “Ok.” I nod.

“Girls. Time.” We all put other things aside and continue our dance practice. In the middle of dance practice, Bang PD drops by. We all stop dancing when the music turns off, and we turn towards the source.

“Girls, good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?”

“The bad one?” I shrug.

“Bad news is that you girls have to work harder. Put in the extra hours for dance practice.”

“What’s the good news?” Yuri asks.

“We’re pushing your debut date up one month.”

“What?!” We all shout.

“That’s all. Work hard.” Bang PD walks out leaving us all behind.

“W-Wait!” Nari said. “We were supposed to debut July 13th.”

“And now they’re moving up our debut date one month ahead.” SooRi added.

“We’ll debut on June 13th instead.” Sarang said.

We all look at each other.

“Isn’t that...” Areum trails off.

“BTS’ debut date.” Yuri and I finish her sentence. “Exactly four years after BTS, we debut.”

“No, more importantly, June 13th, is one month from now!” BB shouts. “We’ve spent so much time in the dance studio already, but we’ll have to work even harder?! Our debut is around the corner! It’ll be June 13th before we know it!

And BB was right. It is June 13th before you know it. Today is our debut stage. The girls walk back and forth nervously.

I whistle catching their attention. “Girls.” We all gather around in a circle. “Don’t worry about it. We got this.” The MC announce us for our appearance. We all did a group hug and step onto the stage.

Suga POV

We finish our tour right on time for Rebels’ debut. Well, not exactly ‘on time’ considering the fact that, it’s their debut stage and we’re still on the plane, but we’re still on time, give or take. A few hours and we’ll be landing.

“They’re debuting today. June 13th just like us. Just four years after. Amazing timing, right?” RM chuckles.

“Let’s watch the music video.” Taehyung said excitedly. Since we’re on the plane and all, we can’t exactly look at one laptop, so we share with our seat neighbors. I share with Namjoon, while Taehyung shares with Jimin, and Hobi shares with Jin and Jungkook.

Namjoon hands me one side of the earphone and presses the play button. The video starts off with the girls meeting up and doing handshakes. The music starts off with Hime.

🎶Woooo! Who do we have here? Hime! Yuri! Sarang! SooRi! BB! Nari! Areum! Sooooo many REEBEEEELS!🎶

The girls all run around to create trouble. They hit cars, break chairs, burn things and much more.

🎶I want a big house, big car and big rings, but I don’t have any big dreams. That’s why society looks down on us youngsters. They think if we have no dream, we won’t succeed. They force us and force us to follow the leader. Hell nah. I’ll make my own path and be be my own leader. They don’t approve but at least I’ll be happy.🎶 I smile at her rap. She used my line.

🎶You can’t tame us!🎶 They shout and pointed their fist thumb down ending their music video.

(a/n: as you can see, I at composition)

“Well, that was something.” Namjoon said when we take off the earphones.

Hime POV

After the performance I could still feel the adrenaline pumping in me with my legs feeling like jelly. And I could say the same for BB. When we get off the stage, the girls went on and on about they felt during the live.

“What about you Hime? How do you feel?” Yuri asks.

“Honestly?”

“Honestly.” They nod.

“It was terrible. I feel like I could’ve done better.”

“Oh.” They said losing all their energy.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to kill the mood.”

“It’s ok. You were being honest.” Nari let out a weak chuckle.

“If it makes you girls feel any better, I’m proud of you all. It’s just my own performance that was a flop.”

“Yeah. No. Let’s not talk about ourselves negatively like that.” Areum said. “Especially you. You’re the only one dissing yourself.”

After our performance stage, we are heading back towards the dorms, or we thought we were.

“Wait, this isn’t the way to the dorm!” BB shouts. “Manager Ahn!”

“We’re getting kidnapped!” Nari shouts.

“We’re gonna get killed!” Areum yells. I laugh at their exaggeration shaking my head.

“Hime, aren’t you scared?” Sarang whispers to me. “We might really get killed.”

I laugh again and look out the window. I guess this is my punishment. I deserve it.

Manager Ahn laughs. “Today is your debut stage. Bang PD has a present for you all.”

“P-present? Are you sure it’s not a punishment?” Yuri stutters.

“It’s a present. I guarantee that you’ll love it.”

“I hope you’re not lying.” SooRi mumbles. We stop in front of a big expensive looking building. We look at Manager Ahn. He gesture us to enter.

“Floor 14. Hall 3.”

“You’re not coming?” Sarang asks.

“It’s your present. Not mine.”

We all look at each other and enter the building. We make our way to the elevator. When we found Hall 3, we all stand at the doors hesitant to enter. We all look at each other and nod. We open the door and it was pitch black.

“Hello?” Areum whispers into the darkness.

“Announce our arrival to our murderers, why don’t you.” Nari hiss.

I cover my mouth trying to cover my laughter. Suddenly small lights on the ground light up leading us inside the room. We all follow the path walking down the stairs and end up at the bottom standing in front of a small stage. Suddenly the lights turn on and the girls scream in delight at their presents.

“Mom! Dad!” The girls scream and they run up the stair to their parents on the stage. “I missed you!” “I’m sorry!” “You’re here!” They shout with tears streaming down their faces. I look around and scoff. Of course my parents aren’t here. I watch the girls cry in their parents arms. I’m happy for them but...I let out a disappointed sigh and make my way towards the exit. I am almost at the exit when the lights went off and the room falls silent.

“You made it.” A voice boom through the speakers in the room. I freeze in my spot. That voice...

----------------------------------------------------------------

I was gonna update like three days ago, but I forgot...I swear!