Chapter 31

Blood, Sweat & Tears

BTS' comeback trailer was AMAZING! The old vibes coming back; I LOVE IT! 😍

I just KNOW that this album is gon' be LIT! 🔥

Anyways, on with the story.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Hime POV

I try to open my eyes and wake up. “What time is it, oppa?” Silence. “Oppa?” I touch the spot next to me. Cold. I sat up fully awake. “Oppa?” I call out loudly. I open the door and went to the living room. “Oppa?” Empty. I knock on the restroom door. “Oppa.” Silence. I open the door. Empty. I panic. “O-Oppa?” I ran to the bedroom grabbing my phone and dialing his number. I pace back and forth in the living room but stop when I hear his ringtone going off on the other side of the front door. I run over and open the door.

“‘Sup.” Hyun says, his hands occupied by white convenient store bags. He looks me up and down. “You look terrible.”

“I couldn’t find you when I woke up. I thought you-”

“What? Vanished into thin air?” Hyun jokes with laughter. He saw my stern expression and stops laughing. “Sorry. Wrong timing.” He opens his arms and I hug him. “It’s ok. I’m here.” He whispers in my ear. “Now, go get ready.” I pull away from him and head to the restroom looking back several times. “Go! Do you want breakfast or not?”

**********

“How is it?” Hyun asks while we are eating the breakfast.

“Delicious...because it’s store bought.”

“Ok! You should’ve stopped at delicious. If you’re gonna be like that then you should’ve cooked it yourself.”

“Sorry.” I laugh. “Thank you for the food. It is delicious.” Hyun stares at me with suspicious eyes. “Hey! I’m stopping at delicious!”

“Thank you. I went to a good shop then.”

After breakfast, Hyun and I, with entwined hands, head to the company to meet up with the girls. When they all arrive, I introduce them to my oppa.

“Girls, this is my oppa, Hyun. Hyun oppa this is from left to right, Sarang, Nari, Yuri, BB, Areum and SooRi.”

“Hi.” They all greet each other. Soon enough, manager Ahn arrives ordering us to get ready to leave. The van came around and the girls leave the company for the van. I look at Hyun and our entwined hands. He smiles at me.

“Go on.” I hold on, reluctant to let go. “It’s ok. I won’t disappear on you. I’ll be here when you’re done.”

“But we get dropped off at our dorm when we’re done.” I mumble.

“Then you’ll have to come and pick me up, don’t you?” Hyun smiles at me.

I smile. “Ok. Wait here. I’ll be back.”

No POV

Hime lets go of Hyun’s hand and entered the van. She and Hyun wave to each other until they no longer see each other. Hyun sighs and looks around the company awkwardly. I should leave he thought, until someone’s voice stops him.

“Hey.” The person calls out, making Hyun stop and turn around. Hyun stares at the person.

“What?” Hyun snaps.

“I’m sure I’m older than you. Show some respect.”

“If you respect my Hime, I would respect you, Suga.”

“Hey.” Namjoon runs up to them. “Bang PD said for you to bring him in, not argue with him. Hi, I’m-”

“Kim Namjoon, leader of Bangtan. I know.”

“Sweet. So you’re-”

“I’m older than you. Born in January ‘94.”

“I see. Bang PD wants to talk to you. Follow me.” The three males head towards Bang PD’s office. “Here it is.”

“Thanks Naaaamjooooon?” Hyun says carefully, unsure of what to call him.

“Namjoon is fine, since you’re older and all. And you are...”

“Hyun. You can call me Hyun.”

“Hyun hyung. Sweet. See you next time. Come on Yoongi hyung.” Namjoon says pulling the quiet man along. “Bye.” Namjoon wave one last time and they disappear into the distance. Confused, Hyun knocks on Bang PD’s door.

Hime POV

“Are you ok?” Yuri asks me behind stage.

“Yeah.” I nod. “Just...worried about my brother.”

“Instead of worrying about your brother, you should worry about this live stage more.” BB says.

“Right. Sorry.” I apologize.

“Don’t apologize. You haven’t seen him in a long time. We understand.” Areum says.

“But I think it’s amazing. It takes years to wake up from a coma, it’s a miracle he’s up this early.” SooRi states.

“I heard a story that it took someone five years to wake up.” Nari comments.

“I heard it took someone ten years to wake up.” Sarang adds.

“Ok, stop.” Yuri starts. “You guys are making Hime uncomfortable.” Everyone turns to look at me.

“Really?” They all ask in sync.

I let out a small smile. “It’s ok. My brother is up so...” I trail off.

“Right.” Everyone nod in sync and an awkward silence fills the room.

“Let’s practice.” BB suggests, breaking the silence.

“I agree.” SooRi nods and every one begins doing individual practice.

After multiple live shows at different stations and multiple interviews, we were finally done with our schedule.

“Please drop me off at the company.” I say to Manager Ahn.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” I nod. “I need to do something.”

“We have an early schedule tomorrow.” Manager Ahn tells me when he drops me off.

“I know.” I nod.

“Don’t return too late.”

“I won’t.”

“Be careful.”

“I will.”

“Ok. Good night.”

“Night.” I chuckle and manager Ahn finally drives off taking the girls back to the dorm. I turn around and enter the company. I look around the lobby and Hyun is nowhere to be found. I tilt my head in confusion. He should be here. He said that he would. I walk deeper into the company and went to different floors. I pull out my phone to call him.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings. Four. Five rings. Six rings. Seven. And voice mail. I sigh. I continue searching while calling him. I start to panic and run throughout the company thinking negative thoughts. Did he leave? Did he head back home? What if he got into an accident? I stop in my tracks when I found him. He was asleep in our dance studio. I sigh in relief and walk towards him. I crouch down and stare at him.

“Don’t scare me like that? Why are you here?” I whisper. I lay down next to him and stare at his face while his hair. Tears well up in my eyes and fall down my face, dripping onto the ground.

Hyun open his eyes and stare back at me. “Why are you crying?”

“I don’t know. I just...”

“Don’t cry. I’m here.” We sit up and he pulls me into a hug. “Shh. I’m still here.”

“I don’t...even know...why I’m crying.” I say between laughter and sobs. “I...god...I’m so stupid. Haha.”

“You’re not.” Hyun says my hair. “You’re happy that I’m here and alive. I know you best.”

**********

“Ready to go home?” Hyun asks after I calm down from the crying. I nod and Hyun walks me back to my dorm.

“Are you going back home?” I ask him when I reach my door.

“Maybe.” He shrugs.

“Oh.” I whisper out, letting my disappointment show.

“Hey. Everything will be alright.” He says patting my head. I nod. “Go inside.” I reluctantly enter the dorm with a wave goodbye.

“Why are you sad?” Yuri ask me the next morning.

“My brother went back home.”

“Yeah. Our family too.” Yuri says and everyone let out a sigh.

**********

“Girls. Ready to start your schedule for today?” Manager Ahn calls out to us. We all let out another sigh and enter the van. “Ok, so, we will continue to promote your song for the next four days. After that, you will learn your new choreography for the next album and...” Manger Ahn tells us our schedule for the next few weeks. “Got it?” He asks, stopping at our destination.

“Got it.” We chorus stepping out of the van.

“I zoned out. What did he say?” SooRi whispers to us.

“Promote for the next four days. New album. New choreo. New photoshoot. New recording. New MV.” I repeat.

“Oh great. The cycle starts again.” Nari says.

“That’s what we signed up for.” I chirp and we all enter the building.

“Welcome, ladies!” The MC greets us.

“Hello.” We bow to greet her. We all form a line from left to right, Sarang, Areum, SooRi, Yuri, Me, BB then, Nari. We turn to the screen.

“We are leaders! Annyeonghaseyo, Rebels-imnida.” We bow to the cameras.

“Wow, you ladies are prettier than in the music video I watched.” The MC chuckles. “Why don’t you introduce yourself to the viewers.”

“Hello. I’m Rebels’ leader, Hime.”

“Hi. I’m the oldest unnie, Areum.”

“My name is SooRi. I’m a rapper.”

“Hello. I’m the main vocal, Yuri.”

“I’m Rebels’ dance machine, BB.”

“Hello. I’m Nari. Just plain old Nari.”

“Yah. Don’t say that.” We all say in sync.

“I don’t know what to say.” Nari shrugs.

“Nari, the hard worker.” I suggest.

“Hi. I’m the hard worker, Nari.” She corrects her greeting.

“Hello. I’m Rebels’ maknae, Sarang.”

“What does your name Rebels, mean?” The MC questions making all the girls look at me.

“Ah, yes, our name Rebels is in English. If you translate it for Korean it is banyeogja.”

“Ah~ banyeogja.” The MC nods. “You think you’re a rebel.”

“I am. A lot of us are, actually. We rebelled against our parents to reach this dream and stand on the stage.”

“Bangtan. Banyeogja. BigHit only has groups with tough names, huh?” The host chuckles making the rest of us laugh.

“Why don’t you introduce your song to the fans?” She suggests making the others look at me.

“Me, again?”

“You’re the leader.” They chorus.

“Ok. Our album is called ‘Rebels’, just like our group name. The title song is called ‘Can’t Tame us’. The song is very fun and upbeat. It’s about going against society and their views on young generations like us who seems lost and don’t know what they’re doing. It’s basically saying ‘We’re not going to go with the flow. We’re not going to let society tame us.’”

“Hime, I notice that in this album, you had another music video, called uh, Leave.”

“Ah, yes.” I nod.

“Why don’t you explain that one too?”

I turn to the others. “You guys wanna...” They all shake their head. “Uh, ok. Well, ‘Leave’ is a song about a female letting her lover go. Even though she still loved him, she told him that she no longer loves him so that he'll live a happier life without her.”

“I personally really like this song. It's so sad it made me cry.” The MC says making me laugh. “I'm not lying. Tears literally streamed down my face! It's so sad. The break up scene was wow! Whoever didn’t see it yet should go and watch it.”

“Um, if people were to see that break up scene, everyone will think ‘ah~ she's a bad person.’ They will believe that the male is the victim, but this song is from the female's point of view, and he's not the only victim. They're both victims. She still loved him but she broke up with him hoping he'll live in happiness with a brighter future.” I nod. “The break up is hard on both of them.”

“How did you come up with this idea?”

“Um, experience?”

“Is that a question?” The interviewer asks with a chuckle. “Why don’t we listen to part of the song to urge the viewers to watch the music video?” The MC suggests and I hand the mic to Yuri.

🎶Baby, even though it hurts me, the words "I don't love you anymore" slipped out of my mouth. Walk away, leave, and don't ever turn back, 'cause I don't want you to see the tears streaming down my face. 🎶

“Aw~” the interviewer claps. “That was sung beautifully. It’s no wonder you’re the main vocalist in your group.”

“Thank you.” Yuri bows.

“Ok, moving on...”

**********

After the recording, we head back to the dance studio to practice.

“Why are we still practicing this?” Nari complains on our 5 minute break.

“Practice makes perfect.” BB replies.

“No such thing as perfect.” I argue.

“Well, close enough.” Areum shrugs.

“Not even.” I retort.

“Fine. Less mistakes.” BB retort. “You and I,” She points to me and herself. “are ok, but the others? Not so much.” The others scoff.

“Excuse me?” Yuri gasp. “I’m pretty good.”

“We don’t need ‘pretty good’. We need great or awesome.”

“Stop fighting.” Sarang says. “Please.”

“Sarang is right. BB, your joke went to far, but she’s not wrong.” The others gasp. “I’m not saying that you guys at dancing, I’m just saying, we need to focus more and practice, ok?”

Everyone let out a sigh. “Ok. Let’s practice. Seriously. No complaining.” Areum says, and we all start practicing again.

While practicing, someone walks in catching Yuri’s attention and she turns the wrong way, bumping into Sarang and SooRi, ruining the whole dance formation. We all stop to pull up the girls.

“You ok?” I ask.

“Yeah.” The three nod. We turn to look at the production team.

“You have business?” I ask the PD.

“We’re going to film your dance practice video and post it up.”

“Already?” I ask. “I thought we don’t...Manager Ahn didn’t tell us anything about that.”

“I know. We just got the ok around ten minutes ago.”

I sigh. “Ok.” I nod.

“We’ll start setting up.” He says, ordering the crew around to start setting up the cameras and lighting.

“Water.” I order, and we all went to the water corner.

“Filming a dance practice video?” SooRi whispers. “Already?”

“That’s fast.” Sarang replies.

“Don’t question it.” I state. “BTS sunbae released theirs 4 days after their debut. We release ours, two days after. No biggie.” We all put our water down and went back to the middle of the room.

“Ready?” The PD asks.

“Are you?” I ask making the others nudge me. “I mean, are you done setting up?”

“Yeah.”

“Then we’re ready when you are.”

“Ok. Just pretend that we’re not here.”

“Hard to do, but ok.” BB shrugs, making Areum nudge her.

The PD laughs. “Ok, then treat this like a stage performance. Ready and...shoot.”

The music starts and we focus on completing the recording.

“You girls are amazing.” The PD compliments us after the recording. “I remember when I first recorded BTS, don’t tell them I told you, but you girls finished faster than they did.”

Yuri smirks. “Of course. We don’t have stiff dancers like Namjoon oppa in our group.” The PD laughs and they clean up their equipment.

“Why do you attack your brother like that?” I ask.

“What? He’s my brother. I can say whatever I want.” Yuri shrugs.

“Say it in his face. I dare you. Here he comes.”

“W-what?” Yuri stutters and turns around. There, BTS enters the doorway.

“Hi.” They greet us. We greet them back.

“Namjoon sunbae, Yuri has tomething to say to you.” We all stare at Yuri.

“You...why are you here?” I raise my brow at Yuri and she shrugs.

“Because I want to see you.”

“You do?”

“No.” He turns to me. “Bang PD wants to see you. And me.”

“Oh.” I say, surprised. “Ok. I’ll be back.” Namjoon and I both walk to Bang PD’s office together. “Do you know what he wants?”

“No idea. He didn’t tell me anything except to get you and we’ll talk.”

I knock on Bang PD’s office and enter when he gives permission.

“Oh good. You’re both here.” He says, looking up from some of his paperwork. “I just thought of a great idea.”

**********

Damn! It’s been awhile, huh? It’s simply ‘cause I’m too lazy. Like, I have the ideas, but I’m too lazy to type it out.😅