Chapter 28

Blood, Sweat & Tears

Hime POV

I managed to pull an all nighter when we are finishing up with filming the music video; however, pulling an all nighter comes with consequences.

“Are you ok?” The girls asks.

“I’m fine.” I tell them every time they ask. “I’m fine.”

‘I’m fine’ is what I say but...I look out the window of our dorm from my bedroom. Another night of not sleeping. I can’t bring myself to sleep.

“Hime~” A voice whispers out to me. “Come here~ Hime~ Hime~ Come here~ Come here~" Silence. "Ok. I’ll come to you~” She said. The door slowly creaks open and she slowly pulls the blanket down. “Boo!” She yells smothering my face with a pillow. “Die!” Out of breath, I sit up in bed with a gasp.

 

*********************************************

“Hime~” she calls out. “Where are you~” I close the door to the closet. “You can run but you can’t hide~” The room fell silent. There are no signs of movement. I reach for the closet door. “I told you you can’t hide.” She, from behind me, covers my mouth and push my head into a puddle of blood. “Disappear.” I sit up in bed with a gasp and heaving breathing.

I pull out my phone and video call my father.

“Hime, are you doing ok?” My father ask.

I weakly smile. “Yeah. Can I...talk to oppa for a bit?”

“Sure thing, love.” My father said leaving me alone with Hyun.

“Oppa, I can’t do this anymore. I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. I’m killing myself one too many times when I close my eyes. I can’t do this anymore. Please, save me.” I cry to my brother.

 

*********************************************

‘Die.’ ‘Disappear.’ The words echo inside my head.

“I’m full.” I said putting my eating utensils down.

“What the? You took like two bites!” BB yells after me and I just wave them off.

I knock on Bang PD’s office door.

“Come in.” He replies. I walk in and stood in front of his desk. “Yes?”

“Bang PD, I want to quit.”

“What?”

“I want to quit.” I repeat myself.

“You want to quit?” I nod. “After you finished the music video? After I already revealed the members on social media?”

“Yes. I’m sorry.”

He pinches the bridge of his nose. “Hime, you are the leader of Rebels. What will Rebels do without their leader?”

“It’s not like we have fans, yet. And even if we do, they don’t know that I’m the leader.” I shrug. “Areum or Yuri can be the leader.”

“Hime!”

“Bang PD. I can’t do this anymore. Really.” I bow walking out on him and hear his phone ring as the door closes behind me.

I wait for the elevator to arrive when Bang PD yells out to me. “Wait! Hime! You can’t quit on me. No, I won’t let you quit on me! If you quit, remember that I have the contract, I can sue you for breach of contract. You’ll lose a lot of money.”

“Are you threatening me?”

He let out a sigh. “If you see it that way, then yes.” We stand there in silence. “Will you leave, or will you stay?”

 

Suga POV

“Opppppppa!” I hear Yuri scream through the receiver of Namjoon’s phone.

“Ow! What?!” Namjoon growls pulling the phone away from his ear and putting her on speaker.

“What do I do?!”

“About What?”

“Hime! Hime is...Hime is...oppa!”

“Ok. Why are you acting like this? This is not like you at all.”

“I need advice. Desperately!”

“Ok. What’s up?”

“Hime is quitting!”

“Quitting? Quitting what?”

“Rebels! Hime is quitting on Rebels!”

“What?!” Namjoon and I shout in sync.

“Hold on!” I shout pushing Namjoon’s chair away and scooting mines closer to his phone. “Hime’s quitting on Rebels? She’s leaving the company?”

“Well, I don’t know.”

“What do you mean?” I growl.

“I heard Hime talking to Bang PD about quitting, but since that time, nothing’s happened.”

“How long ago was this?”

“One week.”

“One week? And nothings happened?”

“Hime didn’t tell us if she’s quitting or not. What do I do?”

“Stay calm.” Namjoon said. “I mean, it’s been a week and nothing has happened yet. My best guess is that Bang PD is giving her time to think about her decision. I don’t know what her decision is but let’s hope it’s good news.”

“Ok.” Yuri said and hang up.

I let out a sigh. Hime is leaving? I clutch the chair handle. No. Please, change your mind. Don’t leave.

“You ok there?” Namjoon ask.

“Yeah.” I said.

“I can’t believe Hime is thinking of quitting.” Jimin said.

“That’s good. I hope she leaves.” Jin said.

“No! Not good!” I shout standing up from my chair.

“Why is it not good?” Jimin asks.

“Ah, I know! You still want revenge and still want her in the company so you can bully her?” Hobi asks. I didn’t say anything. “No? Ok.” He shrugs.

“Oh! Oh! You plan to reveal her true self and destroy her chances of being an idol?” Jungkook suggests.

“If Hime leaves, Suga hyung won’t be able to see her anymore.” Namjoon said.

“Why would Suga hyung want to see her?” Jungkook asks.

“Because he’s still in love with her.” Namjoon looks at me. “Right, Suga hyung?”

The others gasp.

“No! Not with her!” Jin shouts.

“She broke your heart!” Jimin yells.

“She kissed Taehyung!” Jungkook adds.

“Can you stop treating her like ? Each and every one of you. Stop making her the bad person!” Namjoon shouts.

“But she hurt Suga hyung.” Jimin said.

“I have a confession to make.” Taehyung speak out.

“Not right n-” Taehyung interrupts Namjoon by grabbing my head and kissing me, well his thumb, that he put in between our lips.

“You're in love with Suga hyung?!” Jungkook shouts while I was left speechless with our kiss that was not really a kiss.

“No!” Taehyung shouts. “That day Hime kissed me, she didn't really kiss me. What I did to you right now, was exactly what she did to me. She didn't kiss me. She kissed her thumb that she had put between our lips as a barrier. Yoongi hyung, we didn’t kiss. I kept apologizing to you not because of the ‘almost’ kiss but because you were misunderstanding the situation and I couldn’t clarify it.”

“I have a confession to make too.” Namjoon said. “She knew Suga hyung...that you didn't want to leave Seungri.”

[Flashback]

“RM, can I talk to you?” Hime asks.

“Sure.” I reply following her into an empty and isolated room.

“I don’t mean to pry or anything. I mean, I over heard that Suga doesn't want to leave Why?”

“Because of you. He doesn't want to leave your side. He's too in love with you right now. He's blinded because of you.” I accused her.

“I see. And you want him back, correct?”

“Yes, I want him back. I need him back.”

“Ok.” Hime nodded. “Then, you can have him back.”

I scoffed. “Easy for you to say. He won't listen.”

“I know what to do.”

“What's the plan? What are you gonna do?”

Hime smiles. “Don't worry about it. Just be ready to take him back to BigHit.”

“And that is when everything happened. The kiss, the fight, the break up.” Namjoon said. And even after that...”

“I'm going to say my good byes to the director.” I said walking off towards the director’s office and bumping into Hime in the hallway. “Hime.”

“I guess, BTS is leaving, huh?”

“Yeah.” I nod.

“Well, good luck.”

“I'm sorry.”

Hime chuckles. “It's ok.”

“Really, I'm s-”

“Hey! Don't forget that I'm a fan of BTS, a fellow ARMY. Even if I want to, I shouldn't be so selfish as to let all his hard work go to waste.”

“Hime-”

“I know...that BigHit and BTS needs Yoongi more that I do. Everything will be ok. I will be ok.” She assures me. “So, go back to BigHit and comeback with a big hit, pun intended, and make me proud.”

“Thank you.”

Hime smiles and walks away but stops in her track and turns back. "Oh! Namjoon! I trust you with this, but I'll say it anyways. Please take care of Yoongi for me."

“I will.” She smiles at my confirmation and walks off.

[End]

“She waved me off with a smile, Suga hyung. She even told me to keep our conversation a secret between the two of us. I'm sorry.” Namjoon bows to me.

“Don’t.” I say to him. “What’s done is done.”

“I’m really sorry.”

“Don’t be.”

“So, that's what really happened.” Jin said.

“Yeah. She didn't have to, but she did. Even if it will make the rest of you not like her very much; she risked everything for the sake of ARMYs, BigHit and, most important of all, BTS.”

“So?” Hobi said. “What are you going to do, Yoongi?”

“Nothing’s going to change.”

“Huh? But, you’re still in love with her.” Taehyung said.

“Yeah, and she told Namjoon to keep it a secret. She didn’t want any of us to know.”

“So you’re just gonna continue being mean to her?” Jimin asks. “That’s too cruel.”

“Yeah, as if none of you guys treated her badly after the break up.” Taehyung said.

“If you told us the truth then we wouldn’t have treated her so badly.” Everyone said lightly kicking and hitting Taehyung.

“Hey! In my defense, people kept interrupting me!”

Hime POV

We were taking a 15 minute break from our regular dance practice. While on break, I use my time to write new lyrics in my notebook. All the girls keep looking at me then talking amidst themselves then look at me again.

“Yes?” I said to them.

“Nothing.” Nari replies.

I continue writing and they look at me again.

“What?”

“It’s nothing.” Areum shakes her head.

“Then quit staring.”

“Are you quitting?” BB ask making the other girls gasp. They all look at me with wide eyes in anticipation.

“Yes.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

It’s been awhile. Thank you for still reading this story. Muah~