Chapter 30

Blood, Sweat & Tears

“O-oppa.” I stutter turning back towards the stage. The light shine down on him in the middle of the stage.

“Congratulations, Hime.” Hyun said opening his arms wide.

“O-oppa!” I shout and run towards the stage. “Oppa! Oppa! Hyun oppa!” I run up the stairs towards the stage in a hurry and stumble losing my footing; however, I did not let that stop me. “Oppa! Hyun Oppa!” I jump into his awaiting arms and we both fall onto the ground. “Oppa! Oppa! Oppa! Hyun Oppa!” I chant over and over again. “You’re here. You’re here. You’re here.”

“Of course.” Hyun whispers in my ear. “I’m here to save you.” (Refer to ch.28)

I break down in my brother’s arms. “Oppa.” I cry. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I’m here now.”

“Ok.” Bang PD’s voice fill the room with a few claps getting everyone’s attention. “Since you all have your family now, I am allowing you to spend time with them for the rest of the day. This is my present for you. Congratulations on your debut. You’ve all worked hard for this day, and I hope to see you work hard in the future. I hope you enjoy your present. Have fun.”

*********************************************

“Hey. Let go of me.” Hyun said and I shook my head, which is still buried in his chest. After Bang PD’s announcement of our free time with our family, all the girls cheered and went off with their family leaving just me and Hyun in the room. In total silence. With me. Still hanging onto him. Hyun lets out a sigh and my hair. “Aish, really. Why are you crying? I don’t remember you being such a crybaby.” Silence. “Oh-ho. No comebacks? Who are you? What have you done to my sister Hime?!”

“Shut up.” I sniff.

“Seriously.” He continues to my hair. “Let me see your face.” Silence. “Yah.”

“How long?”

“Hm?”

“How long were you awake from the coma.” I ask not once lifting my head to look at my oppa.

“Two months.” I flinch at his answer. “I know. You must be thinking that I’m selfish to not come see you right away.”

I shake my head. “Not at all.”

“I wanted to see you right away. Trust me. I really did.”

“I trust you.”

“But I couldn’t see you right away like I wanted to because, well my body has been in a coma for quite some time, so I needed to do some physical therapy before I can be back to normal to come see you.”

“I said I trust you.”

“Then let me see the face of my beautiful sister. It’s been how long since I’ve last seen you, hm?”

“Almost a whole year. 11 months to be exact.” I said pulling away from my brother with a sniff.

“There’s my beautiful Hime.” Hyun chuckles. “But, damn. 11 whole months just laying down in a bed with nothing but only my conscious mind. I’m surprised I’m still this handsome.”

I let out a small scoff. “Conceited dork.” Hyun just laughs at my comment. “Thank you, oppa.”

“Hm?”

“For being here.” I said. “I’m sorry.” Tears stream down my face.

“Oh man, not again.” Hyun pulls me into a hug. “C’mon. It’s ok. Stop crying. You said it yourself. I’m here.” We continue to hug until Hyun breaks it.

“How long do you think we can stay in this room?” He asks.

“I have no idea.” I reply.

“I mean, Bang PD reserved it for Rebels to meet their family, but it can’t just be a mere five minutes, right?”

“I don’t know. We can always stay in here until we get kicked out.” I suggest. “By the way, it wasn’t a mere five minutes. Pretty sure it was like seven with everyone here. And then they left and you and I are still in here. Probably around 45 minutes had passed.”

“Mm.” We just sit on the stage, still hugging, in a comfortable silence.

“I heard you, you know.” Hyun whispers breaking the silence. “You asking me for help, telling me to save you.” Hyun pulls away from me. “Hime.” He looks into my eyes. “Tell me everything that happened to you these past 11 months. I want to know.”

“But I did tell you-”

“No.” Hyun shakes his head. “I understand that yes, you did call at least twice every month, but you didn’t tell me everything. I want to know everything.”

I let out a sigh and avert my eyes. “I don’t-”

“No secrets. Remember? You and I promised to not keep secrets from each other.”

“Says the person who secretly sent an audition video of me to Seungri.”

“I was going to surprise you when the acceptance letter arrives at aunty’s house!” Hyun defends himself making me laugh at his reaction.

We sit back to back and I told Hyun about everything. Attending Seungri. Meeting the girls. Meeting BTS. Dating Yoongi. Breaking up with Yoongi. Hallucinating due to my self hatred. Rebels’ reality show. And Bang PD getting me help with therapy.

“He still hates me, y’know. Yoongi.”

“I don’t understand. Why did you sacrifice yourself for BTS?”

“Oppa.”

“I mean, hello? They hate you now. And Yoongi? He’s an idiot and I hate him for treating you like that. Hime-ah, oppa is here now. I’ll protect you from him.”

I chuckle. “Thank you...But I don’t need it. I’ll protect myself.”

“Hm~ sure you can.”

“Of course I can.” I assure him. “By the way, why is mom and dad not here with you?”

“Dad said that it’s better for me to come alone so that we can catch up. But man, two months in physical therapy, multiple hours a day, I felt like I was training to be an idol.”

I laugh. “Two months. Two months of-ah! Oppa!” I suddenly shout scaring him.

“W-What’s wrong?”

I face Hyun. “Two months? You were awake two months ago. You didn’t, perhaps, call Bang PD to inform him that you were awake, did you?”

Hyun nods. “I did. I even told him not to tell you cause I wanted to surprise you.”

“Wait! Hime! You can’t quit on me. No, I won’t let you quit on me! If you quit, remember that I have the contract, I can sue you for breach of contract. You’ll lose a lot of money.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“If you see it that way, then yes.”

“Will you leave, or will you stay?”

“Aaaah~” I ruffle my hair. “I need to apologize. I misunderstood him.”

“Huh?”

“It’s all your fault!” I accuse Hyun while pointing at him.

“Huh?” Hyun said still confused. “What’s my fault? I don’t get it.”

I shake my head. “Never mind.”

Hyun stands up and gives me his hand. “Let’s go, Hime.”

“Where?”

“Anywhere you want. Where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere as long as I’m with you.”

Hyun and I stare at each other and burst out laughing. “Where did you get that cheesy line from?”

“K-drama.” I reply. I take ahold of Hyun’s hand and he pulls me up to my feet.

“Seriously, where do you want to go?”

“Seriously, anywhere as long as I’m with you.”

Hyun smiles. “Ok.” He said. “C’mon!” He pulls at my hand and we both start running out of the building.

****************************************************************

 

“Sit.” He said pushing me to sit down on a swing. “I’ll push you.”

Hyun decided to take me to a park, where I had to give him directions to. The moment we arrive, he heads straight for the swing and decides to push me.

“Are you sure? I can push you.” I said to him.

Hyun shakes his head. “I want to push you on the swing.” He pushes me lightly. “It’s been awhile.” He said and continue to push me higher and higher. When I had my share of the swing, Hyun suggests we go somewhere else.

“You sure you don’t want me to push you on the swing?”

“Maybe next time.” Hyun said reaching his hand out for me to take. “C’mon. Next stop.”

I grab his hand and we head to our next destination.

Suga POV

We got off the plane and head back to the dorm.

“Where are you going?” Jin asks me when I gather my wallet and keys.

“To the company.”

“Why?”

“Just ‘cause.” I shrug and walk out of the bedroom bumping into the other members.

“Wait, where are you going?” Hobi asks the same question Jin did.

I give the same reply. “To the company.”

“Why?” Jimin asks.

“Just ‘cause.” I shrug.

“You want to see her, don’t you.” Namjoon said.

I give them a small smile and walk out of the dorms heading towards the company. I enter the company and walk towards Rebels’ dance studio looking about.

“What are you looking for?” One of the staff asks.

“Rebels’ is not back from the live performance yet?” I ask her.

“Ah~ Bang PD gave them a present. They’re out with their loved ones right now. They get to spend the rest of the day with them. Nice, huh?”

“I see. Thank you.” I nod at her and walk away. Loved ones. Must be their family. Family. But Hime...she must be alone. I pull out my phone to call her. Right. I deleted her number. Yoongi, you’re so stupid! I sigh and walk into the busy streets with no destination in mind. I was wandering about when I spot Hime a few feet away from me.

“Hi-”

“Hime!” Someone interrupts me from calling out to her. She turns to him and he hands her an ice cream cone. Her face brightens and she pulls him into a hug. Close. Too close. Who the hell is he? I could feel my anger rising. They both laugh and she pulls away from him accepting the ice cream cone. Wait. He looks...familiar.

I remember the time when I picked up Hime’s cellphone and his face was the wall paper.

“My name is Kim Hyun.”

I look at Hime and her companion again.

It’s her brother.

My phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out. Namjoon.

“Hey, you won’t believe it.”

“Believe what?” I ask still watching Hime and her brother.

“Apparently,” Namjoon starts. “Bang PD allowed Rebel’s the rest of the day to spend time with their family and-”

“And Hime’s brother is out of his coma and spending time with her.”

“How did you know?”

“I’m standing across from them without them knowing.”

“In other words, you’re stalking them?”

“I’m not.” I quickly deny. “I just found them right now. I thought she might be alone...but she isn’t. Right now...” I smile at the view in front of me. “She is smiling very brightly and having the time of her life since her brother is here with her.”

“I bet.” Namjoon said. “And I also bet that...you’re jealous, aren’t you.”

“Kinda, yeah. But I can’t do anything about it. I’m going to let them have fun since they haven’t seen each other for a while.” I said walking away from the previous scene in front of me.

Hime POV

“I should send you back to your dorm. It’s getting dark.” Hyun said.

“No!” I shout shaking my head. “I don’t want to.”

“Hime-”

“I don’t want to.” I repeat.

Hyun let out a sigh. “I don’t think Bang PD would want you to-” Hyun stares at my face. “Ok, will you at least inform and ask for permission?”

I smile. “Why, of course.” I said and immediately call Bang PD. I listen to the phone ring a few times before Bang PD picks up. “Bang PD. I have a few favors to ask of you.”

After the call, I look at Hyun with a bright smile. “He said that I can as long as I make it on time to Rebels’ schedules.”

“Really?”

“I’m not lying.” I said. “You wanna call and confirm?” I hand him my phone.

“No.”

“You wanna sleep at the dorm or-”

“Not at Rebels’ dorm. No.” Hyun said. “I’m a guy. And you’re all girls. Not a good image.”

“We had a boy sleep with us for a few months in our dorm for our reality show, remember?”

“Yeah. But this is different.”

“You’re my real brother. It’ll be ok. Plus, it’s not like you rented a hotel and can pay it off with money.”

Hyun sighs. “Fine. Let’s try not to freak the other girls out.”

I giggle at his comment and we head towards the girls dorms hand in hand. While walking, my phone buzzes multiple times. I check my phone and laugh out loud.

“What?”

“The girls are sleeping with their family too. Only you and I will be in Rebels’ dorm.”

“Really?”

“Yep!” I nod excitedly.

*********************************************

When Hyun and I reach the dorm, Yoongi was standing at the entrance. He spots us and stares at Hyun and my entwined hands.

“Bringing a guy to your dorm? Bold, aren’t you? Who’s he? Your boyfriend?”

“He’s n-”

“Yeah and? How is this any of your business?” Hyun cuts off my explanation.

Yoongi scoffs. “You barely debuted and you’re already going to create a scandal for BigHit to deal with? Are you crazy?”

“So what?” I said. “Rebels get more publicity.”

“Yeah, in a bad way. You’re not helping Rebels. You’re ruining it.”

“You need to mind your own business. Goodnight Suga.”

“Yah-”

“I said ‘goodnight’.” I pull Hyun inside pushing past Yoongi.

“You sure you should do that to him?” Hyun asks when we enter the dorm room.

“Says the person who claimed to be my boyfriend.”

“So what?” Hyun shrugs. “It’s not really his business right?”

“But he’s not wrong. It might be bad publicity for Rebels.”

“So? I’m your real brother. There’s nothing wrong with it.”

“Let’s just...shower and go to bed. I don’t want to think too much about it.”

*********************************************

“You said to shower and sleep.” Hyun said while laying next to me after we both had shower. “So, sleep.”

“I don’t want to.” I whisper to him with the shake of my head. “I’m afraid.”

“Of what? Monsters?” Hyun jokes.

I shake my head again. “I’m afraid to close my eyes. I’m scared that when I wake up, you won’t be here by my side, and everything that happened was nothing but a dream. I’m scared.”

Hyun sighs and gives me a soft smile. “Go to sleep. When you open your eyes, I’ll still be here, because this isn’t a dream.”

“Bu-”

“Have I ever lied to you in a serious situation?” Hyun cuts me off with the question. I shook my head. “Go to sleep. Everything will be ok.” He said my hair as if I was a child. With Hyun oppa’s comforting, I close my eyes and let sleep overtake me.

----------------------------------------------------------------

An update because BTS won BestBoyBand and we ARMYs won BestFanArmy on iHeartAwards. 😎

And I forgot to update on Yoongi's birthday. What an .😅