Sweet & Sassy

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Omg guys, for the last week I've been trying to work on two stories and I just kept getting stuck.  Hopefully, I'll find my groove with this one.  It turned out a little different than originally planned, but I really like it.  Hopefully all of you will too!  Enjoy~

 

 

Wheein’s eyes drifted to the window to the left of her.  It was a clear skies and sunny winter day.  The day was deceiving with how nice it was outside.  It looked like a nice warm day to be outside enjoying some ice cream or going to the park, but the reality was that it was bitter cold outside.  There was a wind blowing through the trees that made them sway and for the moment Wheein was glad to be inside her classroom.

Her history teacher had been going through the lesson of the day and with only 15 minutes remaining of the class, Wheein’s attention turned to the older woman when she mentioned their final class project for the winter semester.  A group project was what her teacher was giving them – they had to work in pairs.  Now, working in pairs wasn’t such a bad thing, it just depended who your partner was.  Wheein’s eyes drifted around to the entire front of the class – she was seated more towards the back, second to last row.

She was always sweet and friendly towards everyone in the class, so she knew that as long as her teacher let them pick their partner, she would have no problem working with them.  There were only two students in the class Wheein avoided – not because she had originally wanted to, but because they gave her no other choice with their bad attitudes.

“I have chosen who you will be working with so you will not be able to pick your partner.” The teacher told the class and a loud simultaneous groan spread through the class from the students.  Most people wanted to work with their friend or friends, but this wasn’t the option now.

Wheein’s eyes quickly darted to the one person she felt she would be most successful with.  They had worked together once before, earlier in the year, for their science project and had gotten a perfect score from their science teacher.  Kim Yongsun, she was the class president and the student council president, the friendliest person in the school.  She was beautiful, charismatic, and had a smile that lit up the room.  Wheein was glad to have friended her and hopefully their teacher would assign them together.

“Kim Yongsun and – “ The mention of Yongsun’s name made Wheein’s face lit up and her eyes quickly darted to the long-haired brunette who sat front and center of the class.

“Moon Byulyi.” Her teacher finished and Wheein felt her heart drop – not just for her but for Yongsun too.  Moon Byulyi was the coldest hearted person Wheein had ever met and she could also be a total , just like Byulyi’s best friend.

Wheein dreaded even thinking of Byulyi’s best friend.  The teacher continued naming the student partnerships and Wheein looked over at Yongsun again.  Byulyi sat next to Yongsun and the class president had already turned to face her project partner and was talking to her.  Byulyi seemed uninterested as always.  Good luck Yongsun.

“Jung Wheein…” The mention of her name made Wheein look up expectantly at her teacher.  The woman’s eyes had moved to face Wheein.  The moment the woman’s eyes drifted to the person sitting to the left of Wheein, the short girl felt her heart drop – it was like a punch to the stomach.  “and Ahn Hyejin.”

Ahn Hyejin, the girl who had been sitting to her left for the past two years, was the last person Wheein wanted to work with.  Hyejin was not only Byulyi’s best friend, she was also the sassiest you could ever meet.  She always had a smart remark to say – always answering student and teachers alike.  She also hated doing any kind of school work.  Wheein always wondered how she managed to pass any of her classes.

Wheein had tried being nice to her.  She had tried talking to Hyejin, to be the one to break through the ice and be her friend like Byulyi, but Hyejin had simply stared at her, smirked, or ignored her.  The Dab Dab Pair was what the students apparently called them.  According to the rumors Wheein had heard, Byulyi and Hyejin were also bullies.

Apparently, Byulyi was the mastermind and Hyejin the muscle.  Wheein had never really seen any of the reported or mentioned acts of the Dab Dab Pair bullying or beating up someone, so Wheein wasn’t sure whether to believe them or not.  She only knew Byulyi and Hyejin by what she’d seen them do in class.

Wheein turned to face Hyejin and was surprised to see the short haired girl sitting next to her looking at her with such an intense gaze that intimidated Wheein.  She turned back to her desk and eyed Hyejin once again from the corner of her eyes.  She was dreading having to work with Hyejin already.  Wheein had the feeling she was going to do all the work and Hyejin would want to take the credit.

“I need one representative of each pair to come and get the details and subject on the assignment and then I want you to meet up during the remaining minutes to discuss your project.  You have until the last day of school before the winter break to turn this in, so that is exactly five days.” The teacher told them and moved to take a seat behind the desk.

Several students stood up to go get their assignment and Wheein volunteered to go herself because it was obvious Hyejin would not go.  Yongsun was the first to receive the assignment from their teacher and she was already talking to a seemingly disinterested Byulyi by the time Wheein was in the line.  A minute later, Wheein received her assignment which was clearly labeled at the very top with ‘Jung Wheein/Ahn Hyejin – Joseon in the 1400s’.

Wheein thanked her teacher and headed back to her desk.  Hyejin was still sitting at her desk, chewing gum and blowing a big bubble.  Gum was strictly prohibited in school, especially in class, but somehow the rebel girl always managed to be chewing it and never getting caught.  Wheein had a feeling the teachers were too scared of Hyejin to actually tell her something about it.

“Hyejin, I have our assignment.  It’s about Joseon in the 1400’s.  I was thinking we can meet up at the library after school or maybe the café that is down the street?” Wheein asked Hyejin in the cutest way she could muster, even offering her a full view of her dimple.

Hyejin stared at Wheein with that intense gaze again and smirked when she heard Wheein gulp.  “Libraries are boring.  Let’s just meet up at the café.”

“Okay, great!  I’ll see you there at 3?” Wheein smiled at Hyejin and took a seat on her desk.  She let out a sigh of relief.  She still was a bit hesitant to work with Hyejin but at least the girl had talked to her and agreed to meet her.

The bell rung and everyone got up to go talk to their friends or go to their lockers before the next class started.  Another 50 minutes and school would be over for the day.

"3 is perfect.” Hyejin winked at Wheein and the cute dimpled girl’s cheeks turned a light shade of pink.  Hyejin could be a sassy , a rebel, a bad girl, or even a bully, but Wheein couldn’t deny that Hyejin was very attractive.  Damn it Wheein don’t let her see you blush!  That’s material for her to pick on you.  Kyyahhh!

 

 

 

 

The next 50 minutes had flown by and Wheein had managed not to look at Hyejin at all for during their last class.  She would have to look at her enough once they met up at the café.  When the last bell rung, Hyejin was up and out of her seat before everyone else and even Byulyi had to catch up to her best friend.  Wheein took a little longer to gather her things and as she made her way to the exit, she stopped at Yongsun’s desk.

The class president had just finished gathering her items as well and she smiled at Wheein the moment she saw the shorter girl standing in front of her desk.  “Hello Wheein!  Had a good day today?”

Wheein offered a smile to Yongsun and nodded.  “Yes…well, aside from the history group project, everything was great.”

"Oh, yeah.  I was surprised that we had to work in pairs, but Byulyi agreed to meet me at the library so I think this will work out just fine.  She doesn’t say much, but I’ve seen her do her work in class and she’s smart.  We’ll be okay I think.  What about you?  Who’s your partner?” Yongsun asked Wheein and stood up from her desk after gathering all her things.

“You didn’t hear when the teacher mentioned it?” Wheein asked and Yongsun shook her head.

"No, I’m sorry.  I think I was freaking out a little bit in my head for a moment after the teacher said I had to work with Byulyi.  That was of course, before I got a chance to talk to her.” Yongsun explained.

“Well, I got Ahn Hyejin.” Wheein replied and Yongsun gasped.

“No way!” There was a pause from Yongsun and then she placed her hand on Wheein’s shoulder.  “She might be Byulyi’s best friend, but they say Hyejin is worse.  I tried talking to her once myself and she completely ignored me!”

“Been there myself Yongsun.  Well, good luck with Byulyi.” Wheein told Yongsun and the taller brunette smiled.

“Good luck with Hyejin.  Bye!”  Yongsun moved to walk out of the classroom and Wheein sighed.  Hopefully her meeting today with Hyejin would go smoothly.

 

 

 

 

Being the punctual person that she was, Wheein was of course, the first one of arrive at the café.  Her phone read 2:55 pm so she was five minutes early.  Quickly, she walked over to the table in the farthest corner of the café.  The view from the windows surrounding this table was very nice and if you stayed long enough, you would even see the sunset beautifully over the mountains from here.

Wheein quickly set out her history book on the table and pulled out her tablet from her backpack.  Both the book and internet would provide her and Hyejin with the information they needed for their project.  This particular century of Korean history was very important and without paying attention to the time, Wheein started writing down notes and focusing on some of the more important things that happened during the 1400’s.

Time flew by quickly as she worked and when she finally checked the time on her tablet, she noticed it was already 3:15 pm and Hyejin was nowhere to be seen.  Wheein frowned and looked around the café but didn’t spot Hyejin anywhere.  She had promised to be here at 3 and she was already 15 minutes late.  Wheein sighed, she had been stood up.

For a moment, she contemplated gathering her things and just heading home, but as soon as she moved to grab her backpack, the bells on the front door of the café chimed and Wheein looked up to see who had entered the café.  There, Ahn Hyejin stood holding the door open as she talked to one of the cheerleaders from school.  It was one of the prettiest and most popular, Kim Hyuna.

Wheein wanted to tear her eyes away from the two of them but she couldn’t.  Hyuna was grinning from ear to ear and she winked at Hyejin and blew a kiss at her before Hyejin let go of the door and walked further into the café.  The short brunette was about to turn her eyes away from the scene, but Hyejin caught her before she could.  A smirk formed on Hyejin’s lips and she strut her way towards Wheein.

Ahn Hyejin had an incredible figure that not even the school uniform could hide and her powerful thighs looked amazing under the uniform skirt.  Wheein wanted to pry her eyes away from the iness walking towards her, but she couldn’t.  She gulped down some saliva and Hyejin was sitting across from her in no time at all.

“You’re late.” Wheein was the first to speak and she sounded a little angry, a little bitter, and perhaps a little jealous.  At least, that’s how Hyejin heard it.

Hyejin smirked at Wheein once again and brought her elbows up on the table.  She rested her hands underneath her chin and looked intensely at Wheein again – that trademark smirk never leaving her lips.  Wheein felt flustered and turned her eyes to the history book in front of her.  She could feel her cheeks burning and Hyejin was now going to eat her alive.

“I can’t help it if all the girls want me.” Hyejin said and Wheein scoffed.  Seriously?  Who the hell would want Hyejin with the way she was.  Certainly, not Wheein.  Yes, certainly.

“Don’t believe me?” Hyejin asked while smirking and Wheein rolled her eyes.  “I can take you for a ride if you want.”

Wheein gaped from the shock of Hyejin’s words.  Was she insane?  Wheein would never sleep with Hyejin!  Not even if she paid her.  Wait, that’s ion.  Wheein shook her head.  She was too flustered to even think right at the moment.

“No? Aww, figures you’d be straight.  So, sad.” Hyejin snickered and Wheein was a blushing mess.

“We’re here to do our project!” Wheein yelled out and everyone in the café turned to look at her.  She shrunk back into her seat at the prying eyes and wanted to crawl under the table to avoid all the looks.  Hyejin smirked again reached to place a hand on Wheein’s shoulder.

“Looks like we’re doing great with all the notes you’ve written down.  I’ll buy you a drink.  It will make you feel better and don’t worry, it’s not because I’m trying to get into that short skirt of yours.” Hyejin had such a seductive look on her face and she raised her left eyebrow as she spoke.

Wheein felt her whole face go red.  This was the most she had ever gotten out of Hyejin and the girl had not only made assumptions about her but now she was trying to seduce her by saying she didn’t even want to get into her skirt.  This was not how this meeting was supposed to go.

The short brunette covered her face with her hands let out a silent scream – luckily everyone had taken their eyes off her by now.  She managed to compose herself a bit while Hyejin was still in line and Wheein turned her sights back to the history book in front of her.  Perhaps going back to what she was doing would help her calm down.

Minutes later, Hyejin arrived at the table with two drinks in her hand.  She took a sip of the iced Americano in her cup and placed the clear plastic cup with an orange colored drink in front of Wheein.  “There you go puppy.  Drink up.  It will make you feel much better.”

Wheein eyed the drink and then looked up at Hyejin who was sipping on her coffee.  “What is it?”

“Just drink it.” Hyejin answered.

Wheein groaned but moved to grab the cup.  She took a sip of the drink and her eyes lit up at the sweet and tangy taste.  “Mango juice!  I love mango juice!”

Hyejin smirked while sipping her drink again.  “Freshly prepared just for you.”

Wheein placed the cup back down on the table and looked up at Hyejin with bashful eyes.  “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Hyejin replied and placed her cup down on the table.  “What have you written down so far?”

Wheein smiled.  Finally, Hyejin showed some interest in their assignment.  “Well, the 1400’s was such an important century for our country.  It was when King Sejong the Great became king and because of him we have our writing system, Hangeul.  I was thinking that’s what we should focus on the most because it is such an important and innovative part of history.”

“Sounds great.  Well, I’ll see you tomorrow Wheein.  Have a good afternoon.” Hyejin got up from the table and started walking away towards the front door.

Wheein gaped at Hyejin and then frowned.  “Hey!”

But Hyejin waved at her and walked out of the café before Wheein could even move to stop her.  She groaned and slammed her hands on the history book.  Her instinct had been correct – Hyejin had no intention to help her with anything for this project.  Wheein sighed and decided to gather her things and go home.  She had other homework to work on and she could work on the project on her own at home too.

 

 

 

 

The next two days ended up being pretty much the same thing as the first.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday had been all about Wheein meeting Hyejin at the café after school, receiving a free

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter