Golden Hour

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story is based on Hyejin's fancafe photo of her going to the aquarium and an AU prompt from Biclexual on twitter.  This is the prompt;

 

"Wheesa date in which Hyejin takes Wheein to some children's museum as a joke bUT they both highkey enjoy it, so Wheein buys Hyejin a dolphin balloon"

 

Enjoy!

 

 

Wheein rubbed her hands together to keep them warm from the chilly wind blowing past her. It was almost noon, but the sun did little to warm up the bright winter day. She stuck her hands back in the deep pockets of her warm brown coat and hid her face behind the matching brown scarf around her neck. She was waiting for a special someone who had asked her the night before to meet her at the gates to the dorms of their university.

 

“Wear something warm and comfortable. Make up is optional.” The husky voice had told her over the phone. Indeed Wheein had dressed in comfortable clothing – a black long sleeve shirt, black pants and white sneakers under her brown coat and brown scarf.

 

Wheein shivered under another gust of cold wind but a pair of strong arms wrapped around her shoulders and pulled her back towards them. “Should I keep you warm?”
 

Her eyes widened and she felt her cheeks warm up. Hyejin's chuckle next to her ear made Wheein shiver again. “Please.”

 

“Well, I can't walk us towards the train station like this so how about I keep your hand warm in my hand.” Hyejin said pulling away from Wheein and sticking her right hand in Wheein's left pocket. Wheein looked down at their intertwined hands in her coat pocket and then back up at Hyejin.

 

The younger girl looked so good in her outfit. Black Converse on her feet, ripped blue skinny jeans, a white shirt under a military style navy blue blazer and a beautiful bare face. Wheein had opted for a little eye make up herself. Hyejin began to lead them away from the dorm gate and towards the nearest train station. Wheein rested her head on Hyejin's shoulder as they walked and she sighed happily.

 

Hyejin by all means and sense of the word was Wheein's girlfriend. They had been dating for over six months now after meeting each other in the art campus of their university. The very first day of school they had bumped into each other in a rush to get to class – Wheein's book flying up in the air alongside Hyejin's knife bag.

 

Wheein was an art student studying drawing, painting and sculpting while Hyejin was a culinary arts student. Their respective majors happened to be located in the same building so they saw each other every day on the way to class and on the way out of them. Hyejin's attraction to Wheein had been instant the moment she laid eyes on the cute dimpled girl. As for Wheein, she found Hyejin very attractive but her reserved and shy personality stopped her from anything further.

 

It was all of Hyejin's charm that won Wheein over and she fell for the future chef quicker than she thought. They both felt lucky to have found each other. Wheein had avoided becoming the typical college student surviving on ramen noodles because everything Hyejin cooked in class, she brought it over to Wheein for lunch and dinner. As for Wheein, she would always gift Hyejin with a cute little drawing, elaborate paintings for her dorm room, and even a small sculpture of Chef Hyejin with a little knife in one hand, a pan in the other and a chef's coat and hat to go with it.

 

They had a good time every time they were together – filled with laughter, cuddles, delicious food and lots and lots of kisses. They made the best of having small dates around the university or in their dorm rooms, but after all this time, they had not had one proper date. A date with a dinner and an adventure somewhere outside of the four walls the constrained them for the major part of the year.

 

This date had been all Hyejin's idea. They had just completed their finals for the semester and would have about two weeks free before the second semester started.

 

“Where are we going?” Wheein asked after the two had paid for their tickets inside the station.

 

“It's a surprise. It's not far from here.” Hyejin answered. Wheein wanted to poke her and pry more, but she decided to just let Hyejin surprise her. Not long after getting their tickets, the train had arrived at the station.

 

Less than 15 minutes later, Wheein and Hyejin stood in front of a building near the Han river and Wheein read the name of the building and turned to look at the long haired brunette. “Um...you brought me to the children's museum?”

 

Hyejin chuckled and shook her head. “No, silly. I thought it would be fun to have a date at the Aquarium.” She pointed at the big blue building next to the children's museum.

 

“Oh...” Wheein blinked and Hyejin chuckled.

 

“Come on beautiful.” Hyejin reached for her hand and led Wheein towards the big blue building.

 

The moment they entered the aquarium their eyes were drawn to the ceiling and how the blue of the tank built into it reflected back on their faces. All different types of fish, big and small, swam in the water in all directions. Wheein smiled at the sight and pointed at the different fish that caught her eye. A smile grew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter