Spring Fever

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the beginning of the spring semester when the most beautiful girl she had ever seen walked into her history class. 12 year old Hyejin had been captivated by the beautiful girl with long straight black hair that introduced herself to the class as Jung Wheein.

 

Wheein was new, she had not been in her class for the fall semester, and now Wheein was sitting in front of her — filling the desk that had been empty all this time.

 

Concentration on the class had gone out the window with Wheein sitting in front of her that day. Hyejin was anxious, she wanted to talk to her, to confess her undying attraction to Wheein. The 90 minutes of her History class ticked by ever so slowly — as if a minute was now lasting the length of two.

 

When the bell finally rang, alerting the end of class, Hyejin breathed a sigh of relief. The teacher dismissed everyone and all the kids started filing out of the class to go prepare for the next one. Once everyone else had walked out of the room, to Hyejin’s luck, only Wheein remained.

 

The girl was still jotting down notes, her brow furrowed in concentration. Hyejin had stood up to stand in front of Wheein’s desk and simply observed the beautiful girl. A small smile forming on Hyejin’s lips.

 

Although Wheein was focused, she sensed someone standing near her so she put her pen down and looked up to see her classmate looking at her with a dreamy look on her face. Wheein’s eyes widened and she felt the heat on her cheeks rise.

 

“Hi...” Wheein managed to squeak out and suddenly this girl in front of her was leaning on Wheein’s desk. Her face impossibly close to Wheein’s.

 

Hyejin had snapped out of her dream like state at the sound of Wheein’s voice. It was hard to describe, something within Hyejin changed, she didn’t even know how, but her confidence grew ten fold in that moment.

 

“Let’s be friends, I’ve fallen for you.” Hyejin blurted out catching Wheein by surprise — a gasp escaping the seated girl’s lips.

 

“Okay.” Wheein whispered the word. She was surprised she could even speak but this bold girl had enraptured her as well.

 

That one moment was the start of their friendship and courtship. Five years later, their friendship had blossomed into a full romantic relationship as well. Hyejin had asked Wheein to be her girlfriend at the start of their sophomore year and Wheein couldn’t have been more excited to say yes.

 

It just made sense that this was the next step for them. They clicked so fast, understood each other so well, supported and loved each other unconditionally, and were basically two peas in a pod.

 

The only issue they had encountered in these five years was that they could not come out with their relationship to their peers and the school. Society wasn’t keen on such relationships and they would sometimes hear remarks from some of the students. Only their families knew the truth about their relationship and luckily for both of them, their parents were accepting of it.

 

Despite not being out, Wheein and Hyejin would always walk around the school and to class hand in hand. No one really said anything as other girls who were friends would do the same. Their other friends would always comment on how cute they looked together. That in part had to do with their uniforms.

 

The day they had started high school, Wheein had walked into the school looking very cute and lovely in her uniform. The white long sleeve shirt under the cream colored vest, her khaki plaid skirt and black Vans on her feet finished the uniform perfectly.

 

Hyejin had been a whole different story that day. She was wearing what was considered the “boys” uniform. The top was the same as Wheein’s but she wore black slacks instead of the skirt and matching black Vans. Needless to say, everyone was surprised to see Hyejin wearing the “wrong” uniform and she was seated in the principal’s office not long after entering the school that day.

 

He was ready to suspend her for the day but Hyejin had come prepared. In her backpack was the the school rule book which she had thoroughly read through. The principal was truly shocked that day.

 

“It clearly states that every student must abide the rule of wearing the school uniform. White long sleeve button up shirt, school vest and either the plaid skirt or black slacks. NO WHERE does it state which bottom article of clothing is to be worn by the student based on their gender, therefore; my slacks are within the school rules.” Hyejin meticulously pointed at the line with the uniform rule.

 

The principal shifted uncomfortably in his chair. “Ms. Ahn — ”

 

“The supposed rule of girls wearing the skirt and boys the slacks was made up to fit into what society deems correct. I am more comfortable in this school setting wearing the slacks.” Hyejin crossed her arms and raised a brow at the older man.

 

He was truly stunned by her confidence and tone. Plus, he knew she was right. He read the line about the school uniform in the rule book as she pointed at it. The man sighed in defeat and decided it was best to avoid any further confrontation with the student — last thing needed was a possible lawsuit.

 

“Okay Ms. Ahn, you are correct. I will personally ensure that a letter explaining this matter will be sent home with every student for them and their parents to read. I will also inform the teachers, faculty and staff. You’re free to head to class now and present this note to any teacher that might want to send you back to my office over this.” The man quickly scribbled a note on one of the school’s memo pads and signed it before handing it to Hyejin.

 

After that confrontation and fight for student uniform rights, Hyejin and her slacks never encountered a problem again. She even inspired other students to express their clothing choices as long as it followed the school rules.

 

Now that they were seniors and in their last year of high school, Hyejin continued to wear the slacks while Wheein either wore the skirt on some days and pants on others. But certainly the dynamic of their clothing and their chemistry is what made people find the best friends adorable.

 

It was a sunny spring morning that started their final semester of high school. The girlfriends walked hand in hand towards the main school entrance. Flowers had bloomed in the grass on each side of the walkway and their sweet scent perfumed the area.

 

Wheein leaned a little closer and grasped Hyejin’s arm with her right hand. “It’s such a pretty day, I wish we could just spend it out here.”

 

“Yeah, me too. I can already picture kissing you in the field of flowers.” Hyejin smirked knowing that made Wheein blush.

 

“Hyejin!” Wheein protested. “Now I’m going to be thinking about that all day!”

 

“Let’s just kiss then.” Hyejin countered.

 

Wheein gasped. “We’re at school!”

 

“I know but I’m tired of hiding our relationship. Let’s just be out and proud. This is the last semester, who cares anyways.” Hyejin groaned and stopped walking to look at Wheein.

 

Wheein turned from Hyejin to look down at the ground and at their hands still holding each other. “Hyejin...”

 

“I know...” Hyejin cut her off, “it’s okay Wheenie. Let’s just head to class and not let this affect us okay?”

 

Wheein looked up at Hyejin and nodded. She felt bad, but being out scared her. They didn’t say anything else after entering the school and Hyejin walked Wheein to her first class.

 

The rest of the day went by without much happening aside from their lectures. It wasn’t until the end of school that day that the rest of the semester would change for both of them.

 

First Hyejin had to deal with one of the dumb boys in her last class. Hyejin definitely had a glow up in the past year. She had started using make up, let her hair grow out and many people had begun to notice her more in her senior year. One specific person was one of the boys in her calculus class. He was stupid both in an academic standpoint and at reading people.

 

“Hyejin, go out with me! You’re super hot and I’m like the best looking guy here. We’re perfect.” He begged her after they walked out of class.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter