Is Pride Really Like This?

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone~  I wrote this story for a challenge on the Mamamoo Amino.  I wasn't going to originally post here because it's not very ship forward but Wheesa is the main ship so I guess it works, plus everyone voted on Twitter for me to post it. This is based on something that happened to me during Pride about 5 years ago.  I'll add more notes at the bottom.

 

Enjoy!

 

 

“Is there anything else we need?” Wheein asked looking at the shelf across from her. The shelf was stocked with all kinds of chips and other snacks.

 

Hyejin looked down at the contents of the cart she was pushing and shook her head. “I think we’re good. We just need to get a bag of ice.”

 

“Okay, let’s check out then.” Wheein replied and snatched a bag of potato chips when Hyejin turned the cart around. They were her favorite and she giggled when she dropped in the cart gaining a look from her girlfriend.

 

Wheein and Hyejin had moved to Seoul from Jeonju a year ago to go to college. They had known each other since middle school but it wasn’t until they were juniors in high school that they became girlfriends.

 

Luckily for the two of them, their families were supportive of their relationship. Jeonju was a small town and there wasn’t any kind of Pride festivities held there at all, but now that they lived in Seoul they would be attending their first one.

 

Pride was held during the summer month of June, and with the sun beaming down its heat on everyone celebrating, the couple had agreed to bring a cooler and drinks with them to meet up with their friends.

 

After paying for everything in their cart, and making sure to grab a bag of ice they paid for before leaving the store, Wheein and Hyejin headed for Hyejin’s Jeep Wrangler. The red Jeep was old and a little beat up but it ran just fine. It was a high school graduation gift from her father, one that she cherished dearly, and the vehicle that got them all the way to Seoul with all their things packed in tow.

 

Hyejin took out the sky blue cooler with a white top that could hold four cups from the back of her Jeep. The cooler wasn’t too small or too big, just the perfect size for everything they got. Wheein dumped half of the ice in and then Hyejin placed the entire package of water bottles plus some peach tea bottles into the cooler. After adjusting the bottles, Wheein dumped the rest of the ice on top and their cooler was ready.

 

“Let’s head out and text Yong and Byul unnie to see if they made it there yet so we can meet up.” Hyejin told Wheein as they both climbed inside the vehicle.

 

“Got it.” Wheein smiled and reached for her phone.

 

Hyejin took off and headed towards the area of Seoul that held all of the festivities plus the parade. By the time they arrived it was so packed full of people that she didn’t even know if she could find any parking. Luckily, she spotted a guy holding a sign that said parking and she headed towards the entrance of the parking garage.

By the time they paid to park and found a spot towards the top level of the garage, Yongsun had texted Wheein back saying she and Byulyi were on their way there. The couple got their cooler and snacks from the back of the Jeep and headed down to the ground floor via one of the elevators close to their parking spot.

 

Hyejin pulled the cooler by its handle with her left hand and was holding Wheein’s hand with her right. There were so many people that it was almost overwhelming for them. To be surrounded by people just like them was an incredible feeling. They couldn’t help but smile at the sight of everyone having a good time, laughing and dancing, walking around, or just standing there talking to their friends — everyone wearing something with the rainbow colors or holding rainbow colored flags.

 

“Wow! This is amazing.” Wheein said looking at everyone as they walked past them.

 

“Yeah, it really — oop!” Hyejin couldn’t even finish what she was about to say when a topless lady suddenly placed a rainbow flower boa around her neck and kissed her fully on the lips before turning to Wheein and doing the same to her.

 

“Uh…”

 

“Wow…”

 

“I was about to yell at her but —” Wheein said and then both she and Hyejin burst into giggles.

 

“This is wilder than I thought!” Hyejin laughed and Wheein wrapped herself around Hyejin’s arm.

 

“I have to keep you close before one of these women try to steal you away from me.” Wheein grinned and pinched Hyejin’s cheek.

 

“Never babe.” Hyejin replied and she quickly pecked Wheein’s lips. Wheein moved her right hand to keep Hyejin there and she kissed her a little deeper this time. The people around them started cheering and both girls blushed and waved at everyone.

 

They continued walking further down the street until Wheein pointed at the McDonald’s at the end of the corner. “Let’s just settle down by the McDonald’s. It will be easier for the unnies to find us here. I’ll text Yong unnie again.”

 

“Okay.” Hyejin responded and led the two of them towards the McDonald’s. Once they were set up in front of it, Hyejin reached for two cold bottles of water. The sun’s heat was really beaming down on them and they needed to stay hydrated.

 

While they waited on the two older women to get there, the couple really got a chance to take Pride in. While everyone was mostly hanging out with their friends and family, there were several characters walking around. Women in bikinis, topless women, men in their leather outfits wearing nothing but straps around their chests and leather briefs, drag queens, and just plain weirdos. Their country was conservative for the most part but today was the one day were everyone coming to pride seem to leave that behind and just let out all of their inhibitions.

 

“Wheenie! Hyegi! We’re here!” Yongsun yelled while jogging up to them in her excitement. Wheein and Hyejin’s faces lit up at the sight of her and Byulyi walking behind her. Yongsun caught both girls in a tight hug and jumped excitedly.

 

Byulyi hugged both of them as well. “Hey guys! Where did you get the boas?”

 

“Topless lady.” Hyejin answered.

 

“She kissed my Hyejinie.” Wheein pouted.

 

“What?!” Yongsun shouted in shock.

 

“Damn...lucky.” Byulyi snickered.

 

“She kissed you too Wheein.” Hyejin rolled her eyes.

 

“Where can I find her?” Byul asked and wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“I’m sure she’ll find you.” Hyejin smirked and Yong made a face of disgust. The other three burst into laughter.

 

“By the way,” Yongsun started gaining the attention of her three friends. “My sister is back in Seoul and she’ll be joining us a little later. She told me her girlfriend will be joining us as well.”

 

“Oh, I didn’t know your sister was gay too.” Wheein mentioned and Yongsun nodded.

 

“I was surprised as well.”

 

The conversation continued between Yongsun and Wheein and Byulyi turned to Hyejin. “Can I put this in the cooler too?”

 

Hyejin looked at the brown bag in Byulyi’s hand and nodded. “Yeah, I think it will fit. You can grab a water or some tea if you want.”

 

Byulyi opened the cooler and saw one of the peach tea bottles and smiled. She took her bottle of vodka out of the brown bag to lay it on top of the ice and then reached for a bottle of peach tea.

 

“You really brought alcohol?” Hyejin asked raising an eyebrow.

 

“It’s Pride dude, we gotta get loose and have fun.” Byulyi grinned. Hyejin shook her head and then took a swig of water. “I can mix up a delicious drink with the tea and vodka.”

 

“I’ll have to pass, I’m driving.” Hyejin waved her hands and looked over to her girlfriend and Yongsun who were still chatting and giggling over something. “Wheein might like it though and maybe Yong unnie.”

 

“Pffft, Yong is a lightweight. She shouldn’t have any.” Byul smirked. She had known Yongsun since they were seniors in high school and knew the girl well. Yongsun would get tipsy with just one drink.

 

As the day went on, the girls ended up seeing and hanging out with people from their university who were also there and happened to come across them. Byulyi had even mixed up some of the tea with her vodka and somehow Yongsun ended up with a tea bottle in her hand and very pink cheeks from the vodka in it.

 

No one had noticed, not even Byulyi when she had picked up the bottle from the top of the cooler and started drinking it. The vodka was so smooth she didn’t even taste it but it had crept up on her. By the time her older sister Yonghee made it to pride with her girlfriend, Yongsun was feeling really good — too good.

 

“Yongsun! Keep your shirt on what the hell are you doing?!” Yonghee yelled at her sister and pulled her shirt down.

 

“UNNIE!” Yongsun grinned and wrapped her arms around her older sister.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter