Starry Night

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wrote this in honor of Wheesa's 10 years of being friends, girlfriends and soulmates.  March 3rd is Wheesa day.

I didn't want to write it based on their date from yesterday so this is inspired from the scenery from their comeback teasers.  Enjoy!

 

 

“We're moving to New Zealand.” Wheein wasn't sure if she had heard her mom right the first time she said it. New Zealand? It was far. It sounded far and she didn't speak a of English. Well, Wheein knew a few words here and there but she couldn't hold a conversation even if her life depended on it.

 

Moving to a place that was far and so different from home was going to take some getting used to. She would have no friends, she wouldn't know anyone, and going to school was going to be a bit of a struggle. She was a senior in high school now, but she was going to have to finish school in this new country.

 

Her mom was a very successful photographer in Korea and her works were known among the folks in the fashion industry. Wheein's mom had explained what a great contract she had received with a company down in the island nation and she couldn't pass up the offer.

 

“Wheein, I know it's going to be hard to adapt but I promise I will help you along the way. I'll even get you a tutor that is Korean. New Zealand is a beautiful country with out of these world landscapes. Trust me, it will inspire your art.” Her mom had told her and eventually convinced her that it would be a great new start for the both of them.

 

They ended up moving to Auckland and settling in a home on the outskirts of the city. Most of her credits from school back home had been accepted by her new school, but she still needed to take some classes over again and on top of that she had to learn English so she wasn't going to graduate until the following school year if she did everything right.

 

Unlike the stress Wheein had been feeling since moving to the new country, her mother seemed to have gotten a second breath. The woman had a pep in her step and she seemed just free of all stress. She was loving the photography work she was doing and every night she would talk to Wheein about her photo shoots.

 

Wheein was happy for her mom but she just couldn't get the hang of it still. All of the international students in her secondary language class were from other countries and no one was Korean. After three months of living in New Zealand, Wheein had yet to make a friend.

 

She was progressing slowly with learning English though. As her mother had told her back in Jeonju before they moved, the woman had gotten Wheein a tutor who was Korean and spoke both languages fluently. The girl was a college student, she was pretty and nice, but their interests were so different. They worked well as student and tutor, but on a more personal level, Wheein knew she and the girl couldn't really become friends.

 

It was a Friday evening when her mom came home and greeted Wheein's tutor as the girl was leaving. Wheein was putting up all her notes when her mother set her bag on the dining table and clapped her hands excitedly. “Wheeinie, guess what!”

 

“What mom?” Wheein asked not even looking up at the older woman.

 

“I have a big photo shoot tomorrow and its going to be outside of the city. We're literally going to have to take a boat to the location, and there are hills, cliffs, beaches, caves, and just all kinds of beautiful scenery. I want you to come along. I think you will love it!” Her mom's excitement was beyond words.

Wheein stared at the older woman for a few seconds – her mother looking back at her with a gleam in her eyes – and finally nodded her head. “Okay.”

 

 

 

 

Her mom had not lied about how beautiful this part of the country was. The scenery was enough to inspire ideas for all kinds of stories. Her mom was going to be busy taking pictures of the models in their expensive clothing so Wheein was pretty much free to wander around as she liked. She didn't want to go too far from the photo shoot location but the curiosity of exploring was getting the best of her.

 

Not far from the photo shoot location there was a beach filled with tourists. The blue waters crashed against the white sand and people trying to get into the water jumped and screamed from the excitement. Further into the water there were several people surfing the large waves that would eventually hit the shore. Wheein walked a path close to the edge of the water but just far enough where it wouldn't reach her.

 

The air was crisp and cool but the sun felt warm on her exposed skin. Her white dress with a floral pattern was loose and comfortable and it exposed her shoulders and back. Wheein didn't realize it, but she looked like a model walking down on the beach in her dress and her short blonde hair blowing across her face from the wind.

 

When she reached the part of the beach that was more populated she suddenly stopped in her tracks when someone suddenly ran past her and into the water with a long surfboard in their arms. The girl looked not much older than her and she had to be an expert surfer with the way she jumped into the water.

 

The long haired brunette threw the surfboard into the waves and jumped unto it in a standing position instead of laying face down on it. The motion and speed propelled her further into the waves and she screamed in excitement. The surfboard rode alongside the waves until a giant wave crashed on top of her and knocked her off the surfboard.

 

The same wave pushed the girl back onto the beach alongside her surfboard which was attached to her right ankle by the surfboard strap. She was laughing from what happened and picked up her board to get back into the water. Wheein tried to hold back her own laughter but she chuckled anyways. There was something oddly cute about this crazy surfer girl.

 

Wheein stopped chuckling the moment the girl made eye contact with her. A blush grew on Wheein's cheeks at the sight of the girl's beautiful face and the way her black shorts and black tank top clung to her body from the wetness. The girl winked at Wheein and blew her a kiss before running towards the inner part of the sand and then running back into the water like she had done before.

 

The blonde watched the brunette surf her heart out once more until a giant wave knocked her off and sent her back to the shore. The girl continued her process of surfing hard into the waves five more times before Wheein decided to stop watching her and make her way back to the photo shoot location. She was positiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter