The Life of Fries

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life is a cycle from the moment you’re born to the day you’re gone and the cycle repeats itself.

 

Wheein was used to this. It happened everyday. The moment she was born was when her body would hit the hot oil and and she would bubble to a crispy perfection. Out of the oil she would receive a dash of salty goodness and then settle herself in a box made especially for her.

 

Moments later she would meet up with her best friend Yongsun. Yongsun was round, fluffy and juicy. Sometimes she would wear crispy green leaves, and accessorize with crunchy pickles, onions, and a nice tomato slice. Today Yongsun wore a melty cheese dress.

 

It was always a great day when Wheein saw her best friend Yongsun. They could spend time together, talk and laugh — but today Yongsun’s girlfriend was here and suddenly Wheein felt lonely.

 

Yongsun’s girlfriend was named Byulyi. Sometimes they called her “Coke” and she was tall, bubbly but kind of cold. It was odd that she was cold when she was so nice and made Yongsun really happy.

 

All three of them were set down on a tray and taken towards a table where a pair of eyes looked down on all three of them. Wheein recognized them, she saw them once a week. The kind Moo she called them.

 

Wheein set her eyes back on her best friend who was sitting inside her comfy paper blanket and talking to her girlfriend. Wheein sighed. She felt a bit lonely not being able to really talk to her best friend.

 

Time passed by, the Moo seemed to be distracted, and Wheein sighed once more looking down at the tray underneath her. There were times when a special someone would join her—someone who made her little fried heart flutter. Maybe Wheein would see them today.

 

The sound of the paper blanket around Yongsun crunching in the hands of the Moo made Wheein look up. Their time here was now short and one item she wished to see was nowhere to be seen.

 

After a couple of minutes, Yongsun was set down on the tray again and this time the Moo picked up Byulyi. When the Moo set Byulyi down and picked up Yongsun again a red bottle was set down next to her at the same time.

 

Wheein’s heart started fluttering. It was her, the one she saw a lot of the tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter