November 7

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was a request made by one of my readers after this date happened in real life on November 7th.  I'm sorry it took me so long to finish but it was not easy to write.  I hope everyone enjoys it even if it is late!

 

 

The wall was covered with drawings. Sketches beautifully drawn unto white paper with black ink or the gray soft granite used in pencils which was always incorrectly called lead. There were hundreds of them; the lowest sitting right at Wheein's waist and the highest almost touching the ceiling. It was a cluttered gallery but that was the beauty of the arrangement; while many saw the drawings as the art, the way the bartenders had posted every drawing up on the wall made it a work of art on its own.

 

“I would love to have a gallery of my own like this one day.” Wheein mentioned. Her right index finger instinctively went up, pointing at the wall next to her.

 

“Your gallery would be beautiful. You should go for it. I'll be your secret sponsor and fund it.” Hyejin smiled at the thought of standing far off in a corner, shades hiding half of her face, as the people oo'd and awed over Wheein's beautiful artwork.

 

“You're so silly babe.” Wheein's giggles made Hyejin smile wider. “Where did these come from?”

 

“Jooyi unnie told me that customers are the ones who've drawn these and the bartenders put them on the wall. If you ask one of them, they will give you pen and paper for you to draw.” Hyejin's explanation made Wheein smile. Hyejin had a way of finding or being introduced to spots that she could take Wheein to on a later date, knowing very well that a certain perk would be perfect to Wheein's liking.

 

“I might have to take up that offer.” Wheein mentioned keeping her eyes trained on the drawings and the wall before her. Hyejin gently tugged Wheein by her shoulder and lead her girlfriend back to their table which was right in front of the bar.

 

Behind the bar counter was a wall built with perfectly aligned wooden shelves; each one containing a specific liquor bottle. It was aesthetically pleasing and just another artwork in this small cozy bar. Their food arrived a few minutes after they had taken their seats again.

 

The smell of their steak and potatoes was enough to stir their stomachs awake once again, reminding them how hungry they were from all of their activities earlier in the day. Their forks moved in unison, reaching for all of the pieces of perfectly cooked steak and potatoes. The wine was fruity and sweet – the alcohol just an after thought that would creep on them later on.

 

“I'm stuffed...ugh...” Hyejin groaned while chewing the last bit of meat that was in her plate. She had devoured every bit she had grabbed and dared not reach for anything else that might be left. There wasn't much anyways, but Wheein seemed to have an even bigger appetite as she reached for what was left over.

 

Hyejin diverted her eyes away from wooden board that the steak and potatoes was served on to Wheein who had the last piece of steak on her fork. A small smile formed on Hyejin's lips and she reached to sip the last bit of her wine. Even when Wheein was doing something like stuffing a piece of steak in she looked adorable.

 

“I would ask how dinner was, but it looks like you thoroughly enjoyed it.” Hyejin commented and reached for the bottle of wine on the table to pour herself some more.

 

“It was delicious!” Wheein exclaimed and her fingers clean before wiping them away on the towel that was provided to her prior to her meal. Hyejin chuckled while holding the edge of her wine glass on her bottom lip – the fruity scent of the wine wafting into her nose.

 

“More wine?” She asked Wheein after taking a light sip of her own. Wheein perked up and nodded her head, offering her wine glass to Hyejin so that the younger girl could pour more of the wine. Hyejin handed the older girl her glass of wine back – their eyes meeting, staring into each other briefly before Wheein turned to her glass of wine and took a sip of it.

 

Their seats were a pair of small black leather single seat couches that made it a bit uncomfortable to seat up and eat, but leaning back on them was the most comfortable thing in the world. Hyejin felt the need to relax now that she had finished her meal so she allowed her body to fall into her seat. The seat seemed to almost hug her as she leaned back and relaxed – bringing her right leg up and placing it underneath her left.

 

Wheein was still leaning forward on her chair – the white wine in her glass swirling as she gently spun the cup in her right hand. It fascinated her for the moment, how the wine could move so effortlessly in the glass gently coating the sides and then slowly dripping down to the bottom. The memory of their earlier adventures came back to Wheein and she smiled at the thoughts.

 

She reached down by her feet to grab the plastic bag containing all the items she had purchased during their little shopping spree and the picture set of herself and Hyejin from the photo booth landed on top of the two books she had purchased. Wheein grinned at the memory of herself and Hyejin inside that booth. The Joseon period outfits were just so conveniently placed outside of the booth and Hyejin had quickly reached for the king's outfit – a red and gold robe with the traditional black hat.

 

It didn't dawn on Wheein at first until they had been taking the pictures and Hyejin was trying to kiss her as she smiled brightly into the camera that Hyejin always took the “male role” when they played around with props. First it had been the lion and dog puppets where Hyejin proudly claimed “I'm a man!” and then during their filming in Jeonju for the Hometown MV. Hyejin had dawned the same type of outfit while they were at the old city. They both had even played up the role and it had been fun, but Wheein was thinking too deeply at a moment when they were supposed to be having fun taking pictures together.

 

Wheein had asked Hyejin at that moment, right before Hyejin's lips could touch her own, “Why do you always wear the king's outfit?”

 

Hyejin's eyes widened and she pulled back from Wheein abruptly. Her mind had gone blank leaving all the desire to kiss Wheein for the briefest moment behind, but Hyejin had a way of coming back quick and full of wit. This time it wasn't wit though, just pure and sincere charm that made Hyejin who she was and Wheein fall in love with her even more. “Because you're my Queen.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter